Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,205,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The shining armor is falling from Obama like dandruff.

Liberals are becoming as disillusioned with him as conservatives were with Bush.
No, not true. "Liberals" dont have to be told who to like and not like, and they have the judgement to see that the current president is quietly doing a terrific job under nonstop horrific circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:35 PM

30,118 posts, read 18,720,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You're constantly saying this, but you err again. He's only the catalyst for all the lovely people who want to be polarized, divided and partisan.
"want to be divided and partisan"?

I don't think that many people really do want to be divided. However, when a president is so far to the left center, this is not unanticipated. The shocking thing is that less than two years into his presidency, even many on the left do not like him.

Nonetheless, the huge deficits and debt mess he left will be a monumental task for the next president, who will no doubt have to institute marked cuts in spending, which will not ingratiate him among those with snouts in the government trough. We all know that it needs to be done and will be done to save the nation. I doubt, despite the terrible mess that he has left, that the next president will be as immature as Obama to blame everything on him (although in this case, it would actually be true).

Old 05-29-2010, 08:41 PM

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I don't think that many people really do want to be divided. However, when a president is so far to the left center, this is not unanticipated. The shocking thing is that less than two years into his presidency, even many on the left do not like him.

Hell, I didn't really like him when I voted for him, thought he was just another political hack. That being said I still think he was a damn sight better choice than a tired, fear mongering old man and his inept sidekick.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,205,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Nonetheless, the huge deficits and debt mess he left will be a monumental task for the next president, who will no doubt have to institute marked cuts in spending, which will not ingratiate him among those with snouts in the government trough. We all know that it needs to be done and will be done to save the nation. I doubt, despite the terrible mess that he has left, that the next president will be as immature as Obama to blame everything on him (although in this case, it would actually be true).
There's just no one good place to start with this. Don't you read newspapers, or do you get all your news from the very lowest-level propaganda sources? On purpose? Why?

Sorry to be rude but your post is just one brainless cliche after another. Please go read something that will give you a sense of the complexity of keeping the United States afloat in this awful time of unprecedented crisis after crisis.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,846,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
DC is like a black hole it sucks the life out anyone's best intentions.
we have the best government that lobbyists can buy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies