Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:57 AM

61 posts, read 68,773 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Obama to Arizona Governor: Don't Call Me, I'll Call You

Really? but he has time to host a concert and welcome a soccer team at the White House..

What a joke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
It is not advantageous for him to do so.

Rhetoric is news as soundbites for ObamaMao.
Direct confrontation might jepordize that for him.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:43 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,255,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It is not advantageous for him to do so.

Rhetoric is news as soundbites for ObamaMao.
Direct confrontation might jepordize that for him.
I agree, since Obama supports illegal immigration, he should avoid the meeting.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Why would the President meet with a Gov intent on breaking Fed Law? That's what the courts are for.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:51 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
I wouldn't expect Obama would meet with her since he intends to try to squish her like a bug. But she's not breaking federal law. The government is refusing to follow, obey, act upon federal law. I wouldn't have asked for the meeting with Obama. He's already shown his hand on this issue. This law would not have been passed but for the government's refusal to act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Why would the President meet with a Gov intent on breaking Fed Law? That's what the courts are for.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I wouldn't expect Obama would meet with her since he intends to try to squish her like a bug. But she's not breaking federal law. The government is refusing to follow, obey, act upon federal law. I wouldn't have asked for the meeting with Obama. He's already shown his hand on this issue. This law would not have been passed but for the government's refusal to act.

It is the Federal Govt's responsibility and they have the authority to deal with immigration and border security. States do not have that authority, and we cannot have 1 or 50 states, trying to do that. We need to work at getting the Federal Govt to address the problem effectively. There are efforts to do that, the immigration bill in place waiting for action, devotes the first section specifically at border security. But, some politico's, I am quite sure you know who, are balking at acting on this for fear of another Obama Legislative success. Those politicos have no concern for Ariz or any of the other states that have an even greater problem with illegals. As long as there is a Democrat in the WH, those politicos have proven they will continue to prevent as much action as they can. If this Country really wants the immigration problems resolved, do not send any more Repubs to Congress. There will likely be a Dem in the WH for the next couple of decades, perhaps even longer.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:12 AM

138 posts, read 165,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent70 View Post
[url= - Obama to Arizona Governor: Don't Call Me, I'll Call You[/url]

Really? but he has time to host a concert and welcome a soccer team at the White House..

What a joke!
Yeah well 3 rounds of golf in 4 days takes up a lot of a guy's time.
Nobama is probably counting on smuggling the rest of his family in through Arizona.
I'm starting to see this clown as a black version of Mr. Magoo

Old 05-30-2010, 06:13 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
A "Legislative success" doesn't always translate to what is right or proper for our country and it's future.

The Bolsheviks had many a legislative sucess too.
Strange that the both parties remind me of that.

ObamaMao doesn't want to remind anybody about anything where he fails though the eveidence is there daily.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:20 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
I keep hearing how its the feds job its the feds job its the feds job.
I agree it is the feds job. Unfortunatly the fed has elected not to do its job.
The obama solution is to allow the bank robbers to keep their illegal haul rather than hold them accountable.
The Obama solution is to send 1200 untrained NG to the border to observe. Hey 500 million to support it. Looky what he can do!!
When the fed fails to act fails to do their job is it wrong for states to step in? I don't think so.
I keep hearing that Obama is about change. What change? We spend more than ever, more pork than ever, more rhetoric than ever.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I keep hearing how its the feds job its the feds job its the feds job.
I agree it is the feds job. Unfortunatly the fed has elected not to do its job.
The obama solution is to allow the bank robbers to keep their illegal haul rather than hold them accountable.
The Obama solution is to send 1200 untrained NG to the border to observe. Hey 500 million to support it. Looky what he can do!!
When the fed fails to act fails to do their job is it wrong for states to step in? I don't think so.
I keep hearing that Obama is about change. What change? We spend more than ever, more pork than ever, more rhetoric than ever.
Well then get your Repuorights to engage in the process of governing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies