Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,971,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This is truly ridiculous. And I live in San Francisco. The finances are in the crapper, budgets are being slashed, people are being laid off, real services are being denied to people who truly do need them...and they're paying $175K to move a shrub less than a mile away?

There really are some stupid people in charge of things here - not afraid to admit it.

Billing this city for "services" must be a great racket. I wonder how I can get in on some of that?
This is what happens when you let stupid people speak up. With the "PC" era, stupid was allowed to speak its opinion. It was allowed to foster, to grow and eventually shape policy in the areas.

When people should have been looking to the stupid and saying "Shut the hell up, you are too stupid to speak" and shunning every idiocy that came from their mouths, they embraced them, encouraged them, and let them think that they had ideas that were worth listening to.

I watched it grow in Cali, I lived there for over 30 years before I moved on. I saw the idiots being patted on the head, encouraged, and listened to when we should have been ridiculing them for their idiotic suggestions.

California got what it deserved, I am sorry you live in such a dump, the state aside from the dominating controlling opinion is beautiful and it is a shame it is wasted by such idiocy, but this is the result when you let stupid rule. Seriously, a great number of the people there need to be beat with a stick until it knocks all the stupid out of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 03:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,626,176 times
This is very similar to the other thread where the Governor of Texas shot a coyote and continued jogging. Then the posts started coming in about how California embraces the coyote and pays for relocation.

Governor Perry's cost of managing coyotes: 1 spent shell
Cost to California of managing coyotes: at least in the tens of thousands if not more (accounting for salaries for people to catch and reloate)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies