Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 09:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finally a prog admits why she watches or listens to non-prog programming. I guess you deserve some kind of medal for the admittance.
Not that often, but probably more often than Obama and liberal videos, for the reasons stated. Basically I only watch them when a video is posted in an interesting thread here on CD.
But in terms of American radio as such I only listen to NPR. I can't take any of those mentioned in the title for more than 10 minutes. It is not so much their conservative opinions that bother me, but their way of dealing with people such as callers. Over here such an offensive and unfriendly tone would be unthinkable... A radio host offending like they do would be fired immediately.

Plus, I am male
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 12:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I was just listening to Beck's Sat radio program. He was still insisting that FOX was the only network that showed the Israeli boarding video. How does he expect to have any credibility, when he does not demonstrate it? I guess he really doesn't need it, after all, his regular listeners have no interest in anything credible.

Your rewriting history! Is that the MO of the Progressives. Remove a word add a word.

You have somehow inserted "only" where "first' was originally.

See how it is done with the twist the Progressives will put on something to make it what it was clearly not.
Fabricate a lie with a change of one word, based on what really happened. Classic!

Old 06-05-2010, 01:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Conservatives attack the message, not the messenger for diversion off the facts. That is the big difference.
Oh yes, Conservatives never attack the messenger - I'm sure there are no examples of that on any threads in this forum.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:45 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Your rewriting history! Is that the MO of the Progressives. Remove a word add a word.

See how it is done with the twist the Progressives will put on something to make it what it was clearly not.
Fabricate a lie with a change of one word, based on what really happened. Classic!

I was listening, Beck said only and that they still are the only ones showing it. I suspect you could go to his web site and listen yourself, well, you may have to pay for that, but I don't know.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:45 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finally a prog admits why she watches or listens to non-prog programming. I guess you deserve some kind of medal for the admittance.
Has anyone ever said anything else?

Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:

If anyplace has debunked The Daily Show's claim, please post the link to it here. Anyplace, doesnt matter.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Just to set the record straight, I'm not a Republican. I'm a conservative who usually votes Republican but I may also vote for a conservative Democrat if there is one on my ballot and I think will hold true to the conservative way of voting once in office. I have voted for Ben Nelson in the past but won't be voting for him again because of the "Cornhusker kickback".

I didn't realize your post was in jest. People who post in this forum are usually dead serious about everything unless a "J/K" or something similar is added.

Nevertheless, CD does have liberal political shills in it.

Peace.
I'm sure it does, but if you think that I honestly thought that a person who seriously entertains a "discussion" about Obama having gay sex while smoking crack is sober-minded, then just wow. That's just as ridiculous as someone asserting that Bush has gay sex and smokes crack. Anyone who goes there is an outrageous clown. I'm sorry, but I think Rush, Hannity and Beck are all clowns. I also think Moore, Maher and Franken are clowns. I don't wonder why conservatives attack Moore, Maher and Franken though.. um, lol .. that question pretty much answers itself, don't you think?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:18 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm sure it does, but if you think that I honestly thought that a person who seriously entertains a "discussion" about Obama having gay sex while smoking crack is sober-minded, then just wow. That's just as ridiculous as someone asserting that Bush has gay sex and smokes crack. Anyone who goes there is an outrageous clown. I'm sorry, but I think Rush, Hannity and Beck are all clowns. I also think Moore, Maher and Franken are clowns. I don't wonder why conservatives attack Moore, Maher and Franken though.. um, lol .. that question pretty much answers itself, don't you think?
Are you saying that I "seriously entertained a discussion about Obama having gay sex while smoking crack"? By your statement, I'm not sure. I haven't weighed in on that allegation at all and I think it is silly to even talk about it. It can't be proved one way or another and what's more, who cares if he did or not? I certainly don't. All I was doing was trying to correct your statement that I was a Republican. K?

Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
From my experience we see at least 2-3 x a week a poster rushing in to share with us the latest pearls of wisdom that Rush or Beck imparted to them. When people then come back and explain to them the generally simplistic monochromatic nature of the arguments presented they are then attacked for bringing this up.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Try your local NPR station. They get a bit ponderous at times, but at least it's news.
NPR left wing?

Do you know how much air time and publicity NPR gave to the Tea Party by talking about them for weeks?
When was the last time that NPR spent more than 5 minutes talking about coffee party or any other leftwing organization?

I know, you are going to say that NPR played some stupid 2 minute anti Tea Party video.
but still gave 100s of hours of air time to the Tea Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies