Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:56 PM

148 posts, read 308,488 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=7]Jewish flotilla to break Gaza siege - Israel News, Ynetnews[/SIZE]
[SIZE=7][/SIZE]

Jewish flotilla to break Gaza siege

[SIZE=7][/SIZE]The German-Jewish organization Jewish Voice for Peace in the Middle East is preparing a Jewish flotilla to the Gaza Strip. "We intend to leave around July," a member of the organization, Kate Leitrer, said to Ynet. "We have one small craft so far, in which there will be between 12 and 16 people, mostly Jews."

Leitrer, herself Jewish, said there was great interest in joining. "Getting another boat means more expenses, and we're discussing this possibility," she said. "Because of limited space, there will be school equipment, candy, and mainly musical equipment, and there'll be musicians aboard who'll teach the children of Gaza. They need to see that Jews are not what how they are drawn in their eyes."

Leitrer also claimed that Israel acted criminally in its lethal raid on the Gaza flotilla last Monday.

"The head of UNRRA (United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration) appealed to the world to send ships due to the shortage of important supplies in Gaza," she said. "By stopping the flotilla, Israel acted criminally. Israel must not act like pirates."

The activists are frightened, she said, but not by Hamas.

"Jews have been to Gaza in the past, and they were treated in a friendly manner," Leitrer continued. "We have also talked with them recently, and they are very keen for us to come. We are frightened by what happened on the Marmara, but if you are committed to do good things, you have to act. People were also killed in the fight against fascism."

She rejected Israel's fears that weapons would be smuggled into Gaza on the aid boats.

"We haven't heard there were weapons on the last flotilla, and people were shot and killed there," she said. "We have contacted Israel figures and told them they are welcome to carry out searches on the boats, but we ask to be allowed to continue to Gaza. These are Gazan waters, and Israel must not control them."

'Open a window to Gaza'

Edith Lutz, a German Jewish member of the organization, said to Ynet the vessel is already anchored in Mediterranean waters, and that the organization had received many requests from Jews and non-Jews to take part in the flotilla.

"We began in Germany," she said, "but many have called us from England, Sweden and the US. There may also be another boat accompanying us, mainly carrying reporters."

Lutz explained that the Jewish flotilla aims to convey a message: Lift the siege.

"Our vessel can open a window between Israel and Gaza residents," she said. "Two years ago I took part in the Free Gaza flotilla and wore a Magen David (Star of David), and the kids said, 'Look, she's Jewish,' and they all accepted me very well. When we met (Hamas leader) Ismail Haniyeh and they told him about me, he turned to me and said they have nothing against Jews or Israel, only against the occupation."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 04:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
They bleed like the Arabs. Mess with Israel at your own peril.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Asking foir trouble and will cry when they get it like the last time.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
I don't get it. What part of Israel is serious do they not get?

Old 06-06-2010, 04:22 PM

148 posts, read 308,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't get it. What part of Israel is serious do they not get?
So are North Korea.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:30 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
I wish them good luck. Seriously. I wish a thousand boats would head over.

The jittery Zionists can invest in Kaopectate.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:35 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
Those are not Jews,they are communist traitors...

Israel should ban communist parties & orgs,because they commit high treason & side with terrorists...

Old 06-06-2010, 04:40 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They bleed like the Arabs. Mess with Israel at your own peril.

Shes a lying feminist liberal imo, who proves once again " Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder " ..M Savage .

' Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me , I hate myself , my heritage and all I ever stood for '.

Bad is good and good is bad, the insane have taken over the world asylum .

Old 06-06-2010, 04:45 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I wish them good luck. Seriously. I wish a thousand boats would head over.

The jittery Zionists can invest in Kaopectate.

Seems maybe you could use some of it yourself .

Like pack of dogs the whole world is after one little puppy in comparison to the beast surrounding it .

Cowards always hate the innocent , and stand with the quilty .

Old 06-06-2010, 04:50 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
Proof liberalism is a mental disease. Would someone care to show those morons Hamas' charter which cites its basis to the protocols of the elders of zion? They don't hate just Israelis. They hate JEWS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies