Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,844 times

Advertisements

I can't take the complete BS non-accredited schools shovel on tv to americans stupid enough to believe in these pipe dreamS.
Let's cap these carpet-baggers so America can get back to real values of hard work for an honest days pay!

Cases in point:

ITT-Tech shows a man in scuba gear working under water on a simple pipe fix (a watered down BP oopsie-doodle). Next scene he's with his family...all overweight fatties...ON THEIR YACHT!!!! WHAT A LIE!!!!

"I'M A PHOENIX!!!".......ok, whatever? How's your typing skills?

My favorite is the gang banging mom flashing finger symbols: "I got kids, ya!!!" Right...she's getting the job!

There is absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for a REAL college education. NO SHORTCUTS!!!

And college isn't a right America...it's a privilege. If you're not smart enough to pass entrance exams, then you need to get busy being a blue collar worker.

I know there are plenty of people who are successful without college...get real, they are less than .0001% of the pop.

FACT: ANY JOB ADVERTISED BY PROFIT SCHOOLS DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY KIND OF SPECIAL CERTIFICATION. ANY NOOB CAN DO IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 12:18 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I can't take the complete BS non-accredited schools shovel on tv to americans stupid enough to believe in these pipe dreamS.
Let's cap these carpet-baggers so America can get back to real values of hard work for an honest days pay!

Cases in point:

ITT-Tech shows a man in scuba gear working under water on a simple pipe fix (a watered down BP oopsie-doodle). Next scene he's with his family...all overweight fatties...ON THEIR YACHT!!!! WHAT A LIE!!!!

"I'M A PHOENIX!!!".......ok, whatever? How's your typing skills?

My favorite is the gang banging mom flashing finger symbols: "I got kids, ya!!!" Right...she's getting the job!

There is absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for a REAL college education. NO SHORTCUTS!!!

And college isn't a right America...it's a privilege. If you're not smart enough to pass entrance exams, then you need to get busy being a blue collar worker.

I know there are plenty of people who are successful without college...get real, they are less than .0001% of the pop.

FACT: ANY JOB ADVERTISED BY PROFIT SCHOOLS DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY KIND OF SPECIAL CERTIFICATION. ANY NOOB CAN DO IT!
Most of the crap they peddle can be learned in a local community college or vocational school run by the local dept. of education--for a lot less money.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,844 times
C'mon...who doesn't want to be a Super Crime Fighter....at the Mall of America?

Just give me my Stethascope and Scrubs...I don't care if I'm emptying bed pans, I get to play 'docta'!

Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
The fine print at the bottom of the screen is what always amuses me. Those that say "Credits are not likely to transfer" just screams "Our Classes, Our Teachers, Our Curriculum Sucks!...Except To Us Of Course!"

Old 06-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The fine print at the bottom of the screen is what always amuses me. Those that say "Credits are not likely to transfer" just screams "Our Classes, Our Teachers, Our Curriculum Sucks!...Except To Us Of Course!"

Funny thing is, the fees for these bogus classes are double of those charged by Community colleges.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Funny thing is, the fees for these bogus classes are double of those charged by Community colleges.
What strikes me as even funnier is that there is a big push for 'University in my pajamas' that really pushes for these fly by night for-profit diploma mills.... when nearly every LEGITIMATE university and school offers online/distance courses that are actually worth something.

Why go to a diploma mill when you can do online ed at a REAL school?

Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
What strikes me as even funnier is that there is a big push for 'University in my pajamas' that really pushes for these fly by night for-profit diploma mills.... when nearly every LEGITIMATE university and school offers online/distance courses that are actually worth something.

Why go to a diploma mill when you can do online ed at a REAL school?

The colleges where I live have a pretty comprehensive online curriculum--at half the price.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The colleges where I live have a pretty comprehensive online curriculum--at half the price.
Same here. I got my first degree at a brick and mortar college, but I'm doing my second mostly online. I will say that the online classes are a lot harder than the standard classes.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:58 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I agree with everything except that statement. (assuming you mean 4 year degree, not trades, certs etc)

Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
You can go through a technical school and get a job if you have any ability. It may not be a very high paying one like they say, but you won't starve. The job market is tough and even skilled repairmen have companies that lay off or go under and then they have to line up new jobs. But plenty of college graduates get their degrees and then can't find anything in their desired fields. Yeah many choose fields that are hard to get jobs in, but many might spend a long time waiting anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies