Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,464,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Ronald Reagan inherited as bad if not worse situation than Obama did and WON 49 of 50 states in the 84 election! Hell he almost won all 50! Mondale only beat him by 4000 votes in his own home state! That after Republicans lost BIG in the 82 mid terms. Difference is that Reagan is a LEADER. Let me say that again a LEADER. Not some wet behind the ears community organizer that never lead anything before being elected to the highest office of the land by a incredibly ignorant electorate.

Hope and Change, really, sad how gullible the masses are! Blame Bush all you want but Obama will set the Progressive/Liberal movement back a generation once he loses his re-election bid in a landslide! He makes Jimmy Carter seem competent.
To be honest, I think Reagan surrounded himself with really good advisors who he could not only trust - but who he listened to. One of his great talents was that he was a great delegator - and I mean that in a VERY positive way. This way, he didn't have to sweat the small stuff. I think Obama still has to find that magical line-up AND to learn to listen to them. Age brings wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,306,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Reagan surrounded himself with really good advisors who he could not only trust - but who he listened to. One of his great talents was that he was a great delegator - and I mean that in a VERY positive way. This way, he didn't have to sweat the small stuff. I think Obama still has to find that magical line-up AND to learn to listen to them. Age brings wisdom.
That is how any good leader leads period...... in every level of life too, not just as the POTUS !

Old 06-08-2010, 12:04 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,273,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
To be honest, I think Reagan surrounded himself with really good advisors who he could not only trust - but who he listened to. One of his great talents was that he was a great delegator - and I mean that in a VERY positive way. This way, he didn't have to sweat the small stuff. I think Obama still has to find that magical line-up AND to learn to listen to them. Age brings wisdom.
I dont think Obama is capable of finding this magical line-up. He and his administration are hard left idealogues and have shown that they will ram down whatever agenda they think they have the votes for regardless of what the American people want.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:09 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,000,144 times
Quote:
I dont think Obama is capable of finding this magical line-up. He and his administration are hard left idealogues and have shown that they will ram down whatever agenda they think they have the votes for regardless of what the American people want.
Umm, no. He has surrounded himself mostly with former Clinton & Bush appointees. Hardly "hard left idealogues."

Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,825 times
Quote:
Ronald Reagan inherited as bad if not worse situation than Obama did and WON 49 of 50 states in the 84 election! Hell he almost won all 50! Mondale only beat him by 4000 votes in his own home state! That after Republicans lost BIG in the 82 mid terms. Difference is that Reagan is a LEADER. Let me say that again a LEADER. Not some wet behind the ears community organizer that never lead anything before being elected to the highest office of the land by a incredibly ignorant electorate.

Hope and Change, really, sad how gullible the masses are! Blame Bush all you want but Obama will set the Progressive/Liberal movement back a generation once he loses his re-election bid in a landslide! He makes Jimmy Carter seem competent.

People seem to have forgotten what the economy was like when GWB took office. Does the dot com crash ring a bell? Add 9-11 into the mix and things were not very good. I don't seem to recall too many GWB dialogues blaming Clinton though. Instead he worked through it.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,172,445 times
Quote:
Unless you can provide proof of said recovery that is just your opinion. What is fact is that Reagan's economic policies lead to huge increases in job growth. You dont win 49 out of 50 states if the electorate thinks you inherited a recovering economy from the previous administration.
What part don't you believe?

That Nixon didn't put on wage and price controls

Or that Jimmy Carter didn't hire Volcker

Or that Reagan didn't get the hell out of the way and let the economy recover.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,273,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Umm, no. He has surrounded himself mostly with former Clinton & Bush appointees. Hardly "hard left idealogues."
Yep, Van Jones wasnt a radical and Anita Dunn and her comments on Mao werent radical either. I could go on but these two seem to be the most egregious of this administration.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:19 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,172,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
People seem to have forgotten what the economy was like when GWB took office. Does the dot com crash ring a bell? Add 9-11 into the mix and things were not very good. I don't seem to recall too many GWB dialogues blaming Clinton though. Instead he worked through it.
What are you talking about all Bush did was try to rewrite history and blame his first recession on Clinton.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
I am less interested in a person's ability to lead than the direction they are leading. Raygun was a LEADER that led us nowhere except into deeper debts and greater unemployment while giving himself and his friends a tremendous amount of money to misspend on foreign investments. How do you think the off shoring of our industry was financed?

I am disappointed with Obama’s overt leadership but I approve of where he is leading us.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,058,616 times
Quote:

reagan is dead, and his "leadership" was questionable. sounds like sour grapes from someone who is still mad their side lost the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies