Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:38 PM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times

Advertisements

The base model should be out in about 15 months from now, along with the Turbo S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 09:16 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickItInYourEar View Post
If they bring this to the USA that's gonna be pretty.

It's a large car, a lot of room inside?
Tons, BUT... seating for only 4. The back seats have a large center console too.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:42 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,099,840 times
Glad they fixed that fugly rear end. After X years and seeing thousands of them in LA I thought it would grow on me, but MAN is the first gen an ugly pile.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:15 AM

New Panamera showed up this week. Turbo one here set very high up for transporting and already spoken for. They are releasing a turbo s hybrid soon, 680hp, going to dominate the 4 door world as this current model (with only 550hp) already has the Nürburgring record for 4 door car.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Panamera-img_0422.jpg  

Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times
I'm not so sure now with all the recent developments that came out about Porshe ignoring manufacturing problems they knew the car that Paul Walker had and there have been other incidents with other owners that Porshe has tried to turn a blind eye too.

I'm not up to speed on the latest details of the people that survived their car crashes but last I heard were the e-mails that were leaked from Porshe of them basically knowing the model had a high risk defeat and didn't feel obligated to forewarn buyers about the potential dangers of the car.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:49 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I'm not so sure now with all the recent developments that came out about Porshe ignoring manufacturing problems they knew the car that Paul Walker had and there have been other incidents with other owners that Porshe has tried to turn a blind eye too.

I'm not up to speed on the latest details of the people that survived their car crashes but last I heard were the e-mails that were leaked from Porshe of them basically knowing the model had a high risk defeat and didn't feel obligated to forewarn buyers about the potential dangers of the car.
There was no "manufacturing problem" with regard to the Porsche Carrera GT. It was a high-powered, high-performance mid-engined track car that was difficult to handle at the limits as many such cars are because many target buyers of such a car actually WANT it that way. They don't want their high-end, high-performance track car to babysit them. They don't want their car to come with safe understeer dialed into the chassis/suspension setup. They don't want electronic nannies to keep them from exploring the car's limits, or at the very least they want the option to turn them completely off.

Carrera GT buyers knew or should have known the basic nature and characteristics of the car they were buying. Paul Walker is dead because the Roger Rodas, the owner and driver of the Carrera GT that crashed, made the unfortunate decision to push the car's limits on wet pavement on a public street, with 10-year-old tires no less, rather than on the safe confines of a race course where a car like that belongs. The so-called "problems" Carrera GT buyers experienced are not something that anyone considering a more conventional road-going Porsche need to worry about.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:23 AM

I finally got a 17 Panamera 4 as a loaner for a few days. I loved it, this car even in base form is awesome, I’d take it over any other 4 door out there. The launch control is the s*** even with it’s weakest powerplant!! Was an ingenious thing for my buddy to put me in one, I’ll be buying a turbo version in the future.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:54 AM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I finally got a 17 Panamera 4 as a loaner for a few days. I loved it, this car even in base form is awesome, I’d take it over any other 4 door out there. The launch control is the s*** even with it’s weakest powerplant!! Was an ingenious thing for my buddy to put me in one, I’ll be buying a turbo version in the future.
Saw one at dinner the other night. Parallel parked on a busy street, the owner must have left the accessories activated. I saw it on the way into the restaurant with the parking lights on, some dash lights then after dinner (2 hours later) it was still there all lit up with nobody around!

Old 10-22-2017, 07:22 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
I love this car. I would have bought one last year, but I have 3 kids and I have only seen them as 4 seaters. Do they make them with bench seats in the back as an option?

Old 10-22-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I love this car. I would have bought one last year, but I have 3 kids and I have only seen them as 4 seaters. Do they make them with bench seats in the back as an option?
Sorry, but nope. A new wagon version is out, but also only 4 seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche