Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 08:09 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscusy View Post
Good luck finding singles...I went to several churches in PSL and I was the youngest and I'm 50...the other churches had married couples with kids. Haven't really tried the bar scene. It not that the people here aren't friendly...I think they are paranoid. There is a point and you can forget making friends...people in my neighborhood stay inside ...or have their own friends ...too bad ...I've joined groups...etc..no luck...
Just because that youve run across a couple of Churches without a dedicated Singles Ministry doesnt mean they arent out there. Most large churches offer them. Plus there are Christian business mens groups such as CBMC which is nationwide and probably has a local chapter in the PSL area . You could check with the local library for Christian groups that meet . And even if a particular church doesnt have a dedicated singles ministry , there are almost always a few adult singles that attend the church and its just a matter of seeking them out and forming an after-church service regular luncheon. I find that a good many Christian Singles are simply too inassertive at making things happen for themselves and thats too bad. The Christian Single life is supposed to be one of enjoyment, opportunities, and a high calling...but we have to take a few steps in that direction instead of staying in a cocoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
But you WILL believe an accidental one celled pond protozoa that popped into existence from dead chemicals in the atmosphere is your ultimate Ancestor ?! Thats for insane futile thinking people as an excuse to jettison the personal Creator who made your personal Being . Pond Scum to 206 bone human being with a brain no intentional master Scientist can begin to duplicate in a controlled Lab and one which thinks in abstract...is literally THE most idiotic and harmful excusal ideologies concocted by prideful man.

No one should drink someone elses blood and eat their flesh since its the Bible that expressly forbids it , and any Group that does partake in this fantasy should be ashamed of themselves.
And you're down on Catholics? Try and be civil guys.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
And you're down on Catholics? Try and be civil guys.
Im down on ANY Group that promotes what the Bible forbids and it doesnt matter if its catholic , protestant, or heathen .

Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonguy View Post
Sorry I don't talk to imaginary things. That's for insane people. I am not religious. Religion is for weak minded, brainwashed, ignorant fools. It's literally one of the most idiotic and harmful institutions ever concocted by man.

I am also not a cannibal so I really wouldn't be into wanting to eat someones flesh and drink their blood from a cup.
Good luck finding anyone who'll want to deal with your lack of social skills.
(You don't have to ram your opinions down others' throats. Especially when you're asking for help.)

Old 07-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Im down on ANY Group that promotes what the Bible forbids and it doesnt matter if its catholic , protestant, or heathen .
You do understand the concept of Transubstantiation right?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
You do understand the concept of Transubstantiation right?
I understand it quite well since I challenge Catholics all the time as a Christian/Bible Apologist that Jesus isnt going to be yanked out of heaven to be put in a wafer and wine to be ingested at 3 dings of a high pitched bell rung by a chior boy at the command of a Priest . You dont get Jesus into you by performing a mechanical ritual, but rather you get him in you spiritually upon trusting only in his finished work at Calvary plus nothing else added -- its by BELIEF or FAITH..and not physically (as if that were even possible) .

Scroll down for a proper understanding : http://www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160_12.asp

Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I understand it quite well since I challenge Catholics all the time as a Christian/Bible Apologist that Jesus isnt going to be yanked out of heaven to be put in a wafer and wine to be ingested at 3 dings of a high pitched bell rung by a chior boy at the command of a Priest . You dont get Jesus into you by performing a mechanical ritual, but rather you get him in you spiritually upon trusting only in his finished work at Calvary plus nothing else added -- its by BELIEF or FAITH..and not physically (as if that were even possible) .

Scroll down for a proper understanding : Doctrine of Transubstantiation compared to Scripture.
Not necessary. I have knowledge of the Apologists as well. I don't believe that any organized religion or organized belief based group is without glaring imperfections. I admire the simplicity of your faith but Cave ab homine unius libri sticks in my mind.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Not necessary. I have knowledge of the Apologists as well. I don't believe that any organized religion or organized belief based group is without glaring imperfections. I admire the simplicity of your faith but Cave ab homine unius libri sticks in my mind.
Its not what Apologists *think , but its based on what the BIBLE clearly teaches ... and that is where real authentic Christians go for their truth . Any group that claims they are Christian, should automatically and without reservation go to the BIble for clear instructions -- groups that infuse or nullify what Scripture says because they chose man made inventions called 'traditions' (legalistic in nature) , are not handling the Word of God properly and reverently which they claim to love and often have stored away behind the pews for easy access . This can be seen in a few pseudo-christian groups today.

While there are imperfections within any Body of Christ Believers due to them being fallable humans, the imperfections should not exist where the BIbles instructions are clearly revealed for all to learn from. Not when Jesus Christ himself declared the entire works of the Bible the inerrant inspired Words of the living God and the utlimate truth (John 17) .

Lastly, there are no larger predominant glaring imperfections where ideology/constructs are considered , that those among the atheistic secular religion of Secular Humanism and Post Modernism --- I trust that you dont fit into those alluring excuses to purposely jettison our incredible personal theistic Creator .

Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Its not what Apologists *think , but its based on what the BIBLE clearly teaches ... and that is where real authentic Christians go for their truth . Any group that claims they are Christian, should automatically and without reservation go to the BIble for clear instructions -- groups that infuse or nullify what Scripture says because they chose man made inventions called 'traditions' (legalistic in nature) , are not handling the Word of God properly and reverently which they claim to love and often have stored away behind the pews for easy access . This can be seen in a few pseudo-christian groups today.

While there are imperfections within any Body of Christ Believers due to them being fallable humans, the imperfections should not exist where the BIbles instructions are clearly revealed for all to learn from. Not when Jesus Christ himself declared the entire works of the Bible the inerrant inspired Words of the living God and the utlimate truth (John 17) .

Lastly, there are no larger predominant glaring imperfections where ideology/constructs are considered , that those among the atheistic secular religion of Secular Humanism and Post Modernism --- I trust that you dont fit into those alluring excuses to purposely jettison our incredible personal theistic Creator .
I don't embrace or reject either. I'm a student who can't fully comprehend the lesson or the agenda of it's teachers. I have no need for reward or punishment, either temporal or eternal, to know the difference between right and wrong. I'm completely unequipped to understand existence or to challenge anothers belief and do little to promote my own.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I don't embrace or reject either. I'm a student who can't fully comprehend the lesson or the agenda of it's teachers. I have no need for reward or punishment, either temporal or eternal, to know the difference between right and wrong. I'm completely unequipped to understand existence or to challenge anothers belief and do little to promote my own.
Well, i appreciate your humility and admissions . I hope you are interested enough in dilgently seeking what IS the truth behind such things as HOW our cosmos arrived out of nothing , WHY it exists , WHAT is the ultimate meaning to it and especially your life , and why Jesus Christ makes good rational , logical sense to believe in and what he said about these greatest of profound issues. Since all World Religions are fundamentally different (as opposed to what many think are the same) as far as truth is concerned re: our origins and the afterlife....I encourage you to find time in your busy studies to get these questions answered by diligently investigating Christ since he is the ONLY One who claimed to be the actual Creator of the Universe and did things to prove that fact beyond question ; a large booklet format called '12 Points that Prove Christianity is True ' thru www.impactapologetics.com will allow you the extremely compelling evidences as to why some 3 billion people worldwide have chosen to put their loyal trust in Christ. There IS the ultimate truth behind things , and the wise take on the roll of diligently seeking after it regardless of where the evidence leads. The choice is yours but there is no greater thing before you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach