Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 PM

361 posts, read 750,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
If you think you can stop in front of a house that "looks nice" and then have to call the per son who's name is on the sign - hope to get an answer- and then find out the price is way out of your range in the first place or its already sold.....why do that?
Not sure if you are aware but there is relatively up-to-date MLS type sites for local Treasure Coast offered by local realtors on their web sites. Just google "port st lucie mls" and you will find a few. I've found the listing there to be way more up-to-date than zillow/trulia/driving around???(is this the 80s?) Then you just need to take the time to make a spreadsheet of the various properties you are interested in and start scheduling blocks of appointments on weekends to go out and look. It's not impossible. I also had a scenario where a listing agent gave me the combo to a lockbox because he was tied up with something.

Quote:
As far as who I work for? The SELLER pays us. But if you pay attention to reality -- we dont get paid at all if we don't find YOU a home that you like. That means I pay attention to your wants and needs and who you are first!
I notice how you have not commented on signing a buyers agent agreement versus not signing one

Quote:
oh.. and blacking out the approval amount...are you kidding me?? We HAVE to know you have been approved to pay for the house - end of story.
Yeah, and I revealed the proper amount as soon as the offer was accepted. You can knock the method all you want but it worked great for me and might work for others. Does that mean it will work with everybody? Obviously not -- but in business it's best to reveal as little as possible until absolutely necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 06:16 AM

4 posts, read 7,386 times
Default Buying in Port St Lucie

Good Luck with buying a home here. They don't do things like they do up North. I found a house the first week of January and first closing was set for Jan 21. Around 3 pm the day before I was asked to do an extension, because the title company never did anything and they asked for 2 weeks. Feb 7 they asked for a 2 week extension again as title company still didn't do their job. Feb 21 I was asked to sign another extension as the title company found some things on the loan. March 7 they got the bank to pay off on one of the problems with the title but still is an outstanding amount of 8,000 that is owed to PSL for grass cutting and other fines from the city. We have a closing date now set for March 28 for closing and hope this time I get into the house that I fell in love with. My agent Keith finally turned this over to his boss to see if they can get the title company and owner to pay this fine so that I can close on the house and move in. Since the first closing was canceled I have paid out over 3,000 in living expenses and for 2 storage Units. I just retained an attorney because my agent lied to me as he said he was a buyers agent and found out this past week that he is actually a sellers agent.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:50 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,208,491 times
Just how did you "find out" he wasn't a buyers agent and is a sellers agent? Did you sign a Buyers Agent Agreement? If you didn't, he is a Transaction Agent by Florida law.

And, it sounds like a bank owned property since the city has fines on it - is it?

Old 03-23-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortStLucieWater View Post
Not sure if you are aware but there is relatively up-to-date MLS type sites for local Treasure Coast offered by local realtors on their web sites. Just google "port st lucie mls" and you will find a few. I've found the listing there to be way more up-to-date than zillow/trulia/driving around???(is this the 80s?) Then you just need to take the time to make a spreadsheet of the various properties you are interested in and start scheduling blocks of appointments on weekends to go out and look. It's not impossible. I also had a scenario where a listing agent gave me the combo to a lockbox because he was tied up with something.

I notice how you have not commented on signing a buyers agent agreement versus not signing one

Yeah, and I revealed the proper amount as soon as the offer was accepted. You can knock the method all you want but it worked great for me and might work for others. Does that mean it will work with everybody? Obviously not -- but in business it's best to reveal as little as possible until absolutely necessary.

Giving you the combo to a lockbox is UNETHICAL and strictly forbidden. The owner could SUE the Realtor that did that and I have taken one to the board for doing that myself. I walked in to one of my own listings to find a STRANGER IN THE HOUSE by himself. How does anyone know who is on the other end of a phone line? You can end up finding a house destroyed, everything stolen, or somebody moved in by doing that!

Signing a Buyers Agreement is a good thing. It keeps both sides on target more. I don't always remember to do it, and not doing it has bitten me in the butt more than once.

and what you found PSLWater is a Realtors WEB SITE - I have one too

Old 03-23-2014, 09:48 AM

95 posts, read 155,261 times
Thanks for the help. What is a Buyer's Agreement, in a nutshell?

David

Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 AM

nutshell version -- its says I am representing ONLY YOU and YOU are working ONLY with me

Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 AM

Thanks, Barbara (FlaLadyB) for your usual helpful response.

Sorry, but I'm a little confused by one of your replies, and assume I am not understanding this in the correct context:

"Oh .. and a SINGLE AGENT- dont even go there. That restricts SO much of what that agent can show or not show you would not believe!!!"

Because you are in favor of buyers entering into a Buyer Agreement with a single agent, IIUC.

David

Old 03-23-2014, 10:55 AM

A single agency agreement restricts what we can show -- for example we cant show any listings in our own office . We don't use it - our Brokers won't allow us to use it. It's not in anyones best interest.

Using one agent is not the same as a Single Agent Agreement. Is that better?

Old 03-23-2014, 11:19 AM

Yes, I figured I was thinking about two different things.

Thanks, again!

David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach