Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 PM

89 posts, read 194,092 times

Advertisements

Woke up this morning to the fact that someone had entered my unlocked car (shame on me) last night and stole a few items and about $8-9 in quarters. obviously kids looking for a quick score. Shame on me for not locking it but putting it in the garage. So now I will put more quarters in the center console leave it unlocked and wait!!!! Meet my new friend guys it's called a "Louisville Slugger".
Unfortunately one of the items was a necklace belonging to my deceased wife that i kept in the center console so i had a piece of her with me while I drove. Very difficult to take.

I called the PSL Police and they sent out an officer. He took the report and advised that this was his tenth report of this nature today. We are a gated community with no perimeter fence. Somehow that sounds like an oxymoron. Anyone on foot can enter in the dark of the night.

I would advise all in Tradition to lock their vehicles and if you have a garage put it in. Set your alarms as complacence will surely come back to haunt you. It did me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 AM

98 posts, read 167,291 times
Sorry to hear this! I'm confused though - the car was unlocked but in the garage? They broke into your garage too?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:41 AM

910 posts, read 2,219,282 times
Gated communities are deterrents towards burglars with cars, but many of them do not have perimeter fences, and some have open sidewalks next to the gates, so a pillowcase burglar has free entry.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Heritage sent out an email to everyone about it -- warning them not to leave their cars out and unlocked. Sorry to hear it was you...Chevy

SeaLark.. I think they are required to have walkways by the gates....you can't lock people IN with no way to get out either

Old 03-25-2014, 01:41 PM

162 posts, read 311,210 times
TownPark had similar thefts a few weeks back. We also had some of our chain link fence in one of the villages completely torn away which has since been replaced. Very sad for all of Tradition to have to deal with this.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:54 PM

89 posts, read 194,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meezermom View Post
Sorry to hear this! I'm confused though - the car was unlocked but in the garage? They broke into your garage too?
No No the car was in the driveway unlocked!

Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 PM

142 posts, read 230,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFlo View Post
TownPark had similar thefts a few weeks back. We also had some of our chain link fence in one of the villages completely torn away which has since been replaced. Very sad for all of Tradition to have to deal with this.
Very concerned about this (we will be moving into Town Park in late summer) - I know we are gated but really didn't think to ask about a patrol (I believe PGA has one). Do we have one? If not, with an $800 + yearly bond assessment, why not? What is Tradition doing about this, if anything. In NY, private property is not patrolled by town/city police. Is it the same in PSL?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
There is crime everywhere , gated, no gated, patrolled as well....thefts from unlocked cars are considered pretty petty crimes, probably just some kids looking for "stuff" .....the gated communities are only as secure as the people that live in them, many many residents of such give the gate code to delivery people, service people, people buying items from them on Craigslist ...those unmanned gates do very little for security, they just stop the looks loos ......and those with manned gates and patrols are again only as good as the security people working ..yiu don't get much when you pay on avg 10 per hour....just saying

Old 03-25-2014, 07:00 PM

162 posts, read 311,210 times
Default Patrols

We do have "community patrol" that comes through the neighborhoods periodically and we have at least 15 PSL police, State Police, and County Police living in TownPark but it's obviously not enough to stop it all. I do think sometimes it is kids within our community that are the perps. We don't have much that goes on but any instance is too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
View detailed profiles of: