Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 07:26 PM

278 posts, read 1,002,032 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a friend who is looking to relocate anywhere thats a friendly, safe 55+ community but wants a small house with small hoa. She looked into Spanish Lakes and was not fond of the trailer/mobile homes in the community but loved their newer small houses. Didnt like the $400+ hoa though...

Is there anything similar to Spanish Lakes but only all small houses? She wants a small 2b1b under 1,000 sqft place. Location really anywhere thats friendly along the treasure coast area. Her back up option is Leisureville in Pompano Beach area.. which only has a hoa fee of $170/month. But she would prefer north of WPB area... Is there anything like that available??

Realtors and area know it alls... Does this exist? Or are we dreaming??..LOL
Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 08:07 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,903,157 times
I don't know of that in Vero. You didn't mention PRICE! I assume you don't mean mobile/prefab homes? Are you talking under 100K?

I am unaware of an HOA under that price with single houses. There are COMMUNITIES with neighborhood ASSOCIATIONS though. Someone here posted about Rockridge it's like that in that price.

I had the same requirement and intended to move to Tamarac outside of Ft Lauderdale but during the crash it got wonky.

There are around 10 Mainlands Tamarac communities some 55 some not. NOT GATED, though. Typical HOA and each community has different fees. I think they all don't have pools not sure though.

I had a good realtor married couple there who had a gorgeous rental available they renovated for his mom but I ended up here. Because their neighbor had a huge Rubbermaid pink storage unit right next to the porch. Some have lax rules others a bit more normal. Remember, now this was during the crash. Lots of rentals and foreclosures.

DM me if you want the name of the agents.

The houses are ADORABLE. The HOA is good price wise and they include roof maintenance. Not sure about roof replacement but upkeep, painting etc.

That is not far from Pompano but I haven't been back since 2009 to see how the community fared. Also remember lots of people moving up from Miami so the entire vibe may have changed so drive down and check it out.

Broward will be much more expensive than Indian River, though.

You may want to consider a CONDO. HERE.

What does she expect to be covered in her HOA? What services. Ours includes trash, sewar/water, cable TV, gated guarded entrance two pools and clubhouses yada yada. Our maintenace is impeccable and our grounds, nature path, boat dock and recreations like tennis maintained perfectly. We are on the intracoastal with a dock to sit there and enjoy the water but you can't see it from the condos because of the native 50 acres left natural. We pay 350.00. First increase in many years just happened for like...$10.00 LOL.

I don't think you're getting all that for 170 but I may be wrong.

Affordable nice condos would be Vista Royale/Vista Gardens. There are a few others like Tropic [something] that are townhouses with a small courtyard not a yard - yard.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 05-05-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 05-06-2015, 05:18 AM

194 posts, read 428,137 times
Kings Isles in Saint Lucie West. They have 2/2 under 1,000sf around 100k and a HOA under 250 I believe. They are attached homes set in a courtyard setting. Look on Lombardy Dr.
There is also a Leisureville in Boynton Beach that is closer and they have 2/1 detached homes for sale. Look throughout western Delray Beach and Boynton Beach. There are plenty of 55 plus communities that could meet your needs.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimT7406 View Post
Kings Isles in Saint Lucie West. They have 2/2 under 1,000sf around 100k and a HOA under 250 I believe. They are attached homes set in a courtyard setting. Look on Lombardy Dr.
There is also a Leisureville in Boynton Beach that is closer and they have 2/1 detached homes for sale. Look throughout western Delray Beach and Boynton Beach. There are plenty of 55 plus communities that could meet your needs.
You're right but they said they want to be north of WPB.

Kings Isle looks nice. There are cute end units on the MLS for $95K. The HOA says $300.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:00 AM

OK you have to give a price for the house and the HOA to recommend anything.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:26 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,205,704 times
Kings Isle least espensive is $95 - the hoa is listed anywhere from 265 to 300----and they have a lot of facilities

I've seen them for less, but its not a place I look at every day either

Vista at St Lucie 1 bdrm condo $32,900 HOA $229
High Point in Ft Pierce $41,500 HOA $178 but another in there says $312

Old 05-08-2015, 10:21 AM

How about finding an HOA.... thats NOT 55+......instead.

Most commuities for 55+ have all kinds of facilities to keep you busy doing something.... and you pay for them.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:12 AM

135 posts, read 207,810 times
My girlfriend has a vacation home she owns in a 55+ community right on A1A, just as you enter Ft Pierce on the intercoastal side. People that live in there have everything from permanent beautiful fabricated homes to empty lots they bring their motor homes to. I stayed there while house hunting in Vero, and it is a fun active community with nice friendly open minded people. They are very active and each week there are "special events" be it a spaghetti dinner, swim class, movie Nite, yard sale, BBQ, Sunrise service on the Beach for Easter etc....I'm not one to recommend a HOA community...but this one was a lot of fun. Wish I could remember it's name...

Old 05-09-2015, 05:55 PM

by "fabricated homes" do you mean trailers? If you do, the main concern would be lot rental / lease prices which can jack up the monthly prices considerably. The cost of the home my be small, but the fees are not.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:18 AM

135 posts, read 207,810 times
This is the place I was talking about:
Ocean Resorts Co-op, Inc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach