Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:41 PM

8 posts, read 11,781 times

Advertisements

We are considering buying a home in PGA village. Does anyone have feedback as to what subdivision is best. We are retired couple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 03:29 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Go check them out. The one that suits your needs and budget is the best one.

PGA is a great development. The dues are on the high side, but unlike traditions where the dues are high and you get relatively little, you at least get something for your money at PGA.

There are other developments that have decent amenities depending on your needs but lower hoa fees. Its all in what you want. PGA is a solid choice though.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:52 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
aridon...what more do you get for your money n PGA might I ask?

Abrightstar- you can look in any of the communities in PGA- just find the house you like best. Remember that the pool area is up in the front in another section so if you are looking all the way back around Maidstone you will be quite a ways away from it. There are 2 HOA fees - not just one. You are not paying for the golf course - it is not owned by the community. It is owned by PGA and 3 of the 4 courses are open to the Public unless you get a membership. The 4th course is equity only.

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 03-23-2016 at 07:02 AM..

Old 05-06-2016, 04:52 PM

Question Cypress Point in PGA Village

We are considering Cypress Point in PGA Village - any feedback would be appreciated.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,149 times
I have a seasonal home in Kingsmill. PGA is wonderful. No where else in PSL has all the green space. People are friendly and the fitness center has lots of activities. I've been here 6 years and look forward to spending much more time here after retirement.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:58 AM

Hi Andalow

Thank you for your response. I am curious as to the home values - In certain areas in PGA village I am seeing a lot of foreclosures, flips and homes selling for less then they were purchased. Any feedback?

Old 05-09-2016, 01:48 PM

what areas specifically ?

Old 05-09-2016, 02:04 PM

Default Turnover

Marsh Terrace, First Tee, One Putt Place, Maidstone, Champion Way, Short Chip

Old 05-09-2016, 02:56 PM

I just showed the one in Maidstone and its gorgeous. Best price for anything that size in PGA. Its been rented in the past. Was purchased at the high of sales prices in 2006. Not a short sale or foreclosure. Maybe they just want to sell it. Owners live out of State...there are others on Maidstone that are higher priced.

First Tee -- there isnt just one either. If they aren't short sales or foreclosures you have to remember that many owners in PGA are only here in the winter and these are second homes. That makes them more disposable if things in peoples lives change. They get older, don't need a second home, can't afford a second home, or move to where the kids are.

Champions Way - yes he's flipping it. People do that whenever they can, and if another buyer pays attention and their Realtor pays attention (and I look up every house) then they will know that. They bought the house in foreclosure at an unbelievable low price. From what I can tell from old photos they put in a new kitchen backsplash, otherwise it looks like the same cabinets and granite, wood floors in place of carpet, cleaned the place up. The house was already tiled. Can't tell anything else about it but another contract fell thru before that one- no way of knowing the reason. Usually its an inspection reason on foreclosures. Then they tacked on their profit. Priced for the market.

I honestly don't see any "reason" for any of the homes on the market in PGA other than the normal reasons people sell homes any where else.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,149 times
The only homes that are selling for less than original purchase are those that were bought back in 2006 bubble
time frame. We had asked specifically about First Tee, as we wanted to be close to the fitness center. Our neighbor said most owners are original and as they were built in early 2000s, with most purchasers aged 50+, you could expect a turnover in 15 to 20 years. We bought here and are truly happy with our purchase. There is a mix of snowbirds and full-time residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach