Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 05:36 AM

4 posts, read 4,166 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I wanted any information about The Club. My neighbors recently sold their townhouse and decided to rent a unit at The Club instead of buying again. When I went to visit them, I was surprised that a huge complex existed at that location. I have only lived in PSL for 6 years. I actually LOVED The Club. It's very well taken cared of and the location, location, location! has me smitten with the whole idea of downgrading from my three bedroom townhouse to a small two bedroom unit in there. With the money I would get for my townhouse, I can buy the unit cash, gut it and remodel the whole thing to my liking. I would still have money left over after its all said done. I love that it's just a small, extremely affordable and easily maintainable space.

The only obstacle is that my husband believes the place is a financial black hole. He is adamantly opposed to putting all of our money into a unit in there. He believes we will never get it back if we ever decide to sell or worse, the place switches from owner occupied to rental apartments (is that even possible legally?). They do look like apartments and I believe that they once were, from the research I did but I can't find any more information on them.

Would it be wise to buy in there? Does anyone know if the HOA is in the black? Is it plagued by assessments? Absolutely any information would help me make a more informed decision as to what to do.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 07:20 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
You should definitely ask the HOA to show you your finances and also ask to be shown how many rentals are there . Don't take their "word" on the percentage of rentals , ask to see it in writing

Old 12-15-2016, 08:18 AM

Thank you newred5. I contacted a realtor and see what I can find in the area.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:31 AM

62 posts, read 67,005 times
tons of bad reviews of that place

http://www.apartmentratings.com/fl/p...2343880734986/

Location? that place is out in the boondox almost 30 minutes away from jensen bridge. If it aint close to the ocean it aint a good location.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:10 PM

I'm not looking for a place near the ocean but thank you for the reviews. It's put things in perspective.

We met with a realtor and he took us to see two units in the Belmont. They were a disaster. Basically a lot of these condos have been used as rental units so they are bad shape. Its kind of made me rethink this whole thing.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:27 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
St Lucie West is most certainly NOT the "boondox" by any stretch of the imagination.

Just because you don't live or come to this area doesn't make it bad. It's actually newer than most of PSL with tons of shopping and restaurants plus immediate access to I95 and the turnpike.

Personally, I really like it in this area along with many many other people.

The ocean and beaches will always be there and for the few minutes extra it takes to drive to the beach occasionally vs every day living in an area that I enjoy, I will pick this area every time.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:30 PM

MOST of the Belmont are rentals. Did the realtor you used not tell you that? Also, how each of them looks on the inside depends on how the OWNER took care of that unit when the last tenant left. Many of them don't clean them up, or paint, or replace carpet when needed. That would apply to ANY condo that you look at.

Many owners think, well, I'm selling it so I'm not going to do anything and spend any more money on it.

Others think, well I should clean it up and make it look nice so it will sell faster. <<<<I'm with those kind of owners.

You aren't buying paint or carpet...you are buying a location and walls etc. All the other things can be fixed easily. I doubt you will walk in to any place and say wow...I don't have to do anything but move in... and it has the low price I want to pay too. There is always something you wish was different. perfect doesn't exist, almost perfect does

Old 12-15-2016, 01:37 PM

by the way.. ALL the units in the Belmont are individually OWNED... and the owners rent them out. They have a mgmt company there for the maintenance etc.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:41 AM

62 posts, read 67,005 times
this is why you don't live or buy in places that allow lots of renters... check to make sure the place doesnt allow more than like 20% of the properties to be rentals at any time and some places dont allow you to rent before 2 years

Old 12-16-2016, 07:29 AM

the community was set up to be rentals...they didn't intend it to be owners only. Some owners may be living there but the others are owned for investment reasons. The OWNERS chose it to be a rental community from the start
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach