Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,694 times

Advertisements

A small pocket that is in the direct path of the nuclear plant due to proximity and PREVAILING WIND direction. The wind rosette for nuke plant is an eastern wind for most days of the year. That means when St. Lucie nuclear does it's low level radioactive batch releases, the winds are picking it up and scattering it over the 34982 and possibly 34983 zip codes. Long term exposure to low level radioactive isotopes, especially when ingested or inhaled, can be very damaging to celluar DNA. Please understand, the nuclear power plant releases radioactive gasses and liquids that are "legally permitted." These folks in those two zip codes are being bombarded month in and month out with radioactive waste. Strontium 90 is radioactive calcium which doea not naturally exist in nature, it is man made and thus also not something human and living creatures have evolved with in their environment and bodies is not properly excreted. Becomes stored in bone and teeth from which the isotope irradiates nearby cells. There are several other man made radioactive isotopes being released in these "legally permissible" effluent releases by the power plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 10:46 AM

47 posts, read 74,689 times
its not only happening in FT pierce

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-st-...ring-treatment

https://www.ibiblio.org/prism/feb98/nuclear.html

Last edited by DesertDwellers; 01-20-2019 at 11:01 AM..

Old 01-21-2019, 08:41 AM

472 posts, read 668,106 times
To prove that the nuclear plant has effect to health, one or two cancer cases is not enough. We need statistical number that shows the cancer percentage in the area influenced by nuclear plant is significantly higher. If we have that number then we can lobby to have the nuclear plant shut down. Now the plant gets permit to operate for another 10 years?

Old 01-23-2019, 01:36 AM

its not only 1 or two cases.. FT pierce has tons of cases.

Quote:
I dusted off some documents and consulted my U.S. road atlas. Sure enough, I found that the two nuclear reactors comprising the St. Lucie Nuclear Power Station are located on Hutchinson Island, a barrier island just off Florida's central east coast. Upon further examination I calculated that the St. Lucie reactors are about eight miles south of the Atlantic shore city of Fort Pierce. I wasn't surprised to find that the St. Lucie Nuclear Power Station was about the same distance due east of the city of Port St. Lucie, where the mothers have found clusters of brain cancer in their children. Due to Atlantic Ocean offshore winds, Port St. Lucie's location makes it directly downwind of the St. Lucie reactor's airborne radioactive releases. Of course, ionizing radiation, the type of radiation created and released by nuclear reactors, is known to cause brain and other types of cancers.
Next I checked the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission records for radioactive releases from the St. Lucie reactors, as reported by their owner and operator, Florida Power and Light Company. The NRC records showed that the St. Lucie 1 reactor, operating commercially since 1976, had released nearly 283,000 curies of airborne radiation into the environment through 1991. The St. Lucie 2 reactor, operating since 1983, reported airborne emissions through 1991 of almost 50,000 curies. Thus the reactors, through 1991, had released over 333,000 curies of radiation into the air, much of it probably drifting towards Port St. Lucie.

The NRC records also indicated that over these years the St. Lucie reactors had released over 6800 Curies of liquid tritium—radioactive hydrogen—into local waters. Community groups in western Massachusetts have implicated liquid tritium releases from the now defunct Yankee Rowe nuclear reactor as the cause of abnormally high rates of five kinds of cancer and Down's Syndrome. And in Suffolk County on New York's eastern Long Island, residents have filed a $2 billion lawsuit against the operators of a research reactor at Brookhaven National Laboratory, contending that its leaks of tritium and other radioactive substances into the groundwater have contaminated their community water supply.

More Damning Statistics

Finally, I consulted Dr. Jay Gould's 1996 book, The Enemy Within. In this book, subtitled "The High Cost of Living Near Nuclear Reactors," Gould and his associates in the New York City based Radiation and Public Health Project showed that US counties within 100 miles of a nuclear reactor had statistically significant higher rates of age-adjusted white female breast cancer deaths than counties located more than 100 miles from a nuclear reactor. The book breaks down this information into specific counties, in relation to specific reactors, as well.
When I looked up the statistics for St. Lucie I almost lost my lunch. Gould's numbers, based upon US Vital Statistics, showed that in St. Lucie County, the age-adjusted white female breast cancer mortality rate from 1950-54 was 6.5 deaths per 100,000 women. But the rate jumped to 20.7 for the years 1980-84, and 23.5 for 1985-89. Thus the rate of increase in these deaths, comparing 1950-54 to 1980-84, was 221%! And comparing 1950-54 to 1985-89, the increase was 263%.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:16 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Amish View Post
I know people who bought a home in the wind path & less than 1/4 mile from a very nasty cell tower. May the most high have mercy on their souls. This will not end well. People have been lied to about cell towers & cell phones. Those folks changed once they started using cell phones, so I could never reconnect with them, or I would try to warn them. I never used cell phones, other than when I tried them in the 80's and got headaches and insominia.

The nuke plant is most certainly causing damage. I should know, I lived in PSL for over 25 years, but out of the wind zone. Most people don't want to accept the truth, and that is cell phones were never tested for safety. I'm sure the PTB are fascinated that more people haven't dropped dead, yet.

Invest in some tin foil. Wrap it tightly.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:11 AM

6 posts, read 7,534 times
Where exactly is this wind zone? I am planing on moving to Tradition.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:49 AM

134 posts, read 190,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
You are a person with no self esteem that feels the need to trumpet accomplishments either fake or real, it doesn't matter. Pathetic. Anyone with anything wouldn't feel the need to brag on an anonymous forum. You sound like every alcoholic at the bar talking out their ass about all they have as they stare into their drink, alone.

No one cares what you have and especially what you claim to have. What are you? 69 year old stuck in the brain of a 15 year old? Why don't you tell us about how you scored 4 touchdowns in a game while in high school. I'm sure everyone will be so impressed. If you even finished high school.

You likely ran off any family you had and troll the internet because everyone in your life wants nothing to do with you. What's wrong man did you run out of family to put up with your **** and are stuck trolling the PSL forum for your daily interaction? Pretty sad.

I'll try and not throw my arm out making an exaggerated jerk off motion over your comments. You have no business posting on this forum, you add nothing to the discussion and simply troll because that is all you have in your life.

I feel sorry for you. Go spend your Monopoly money on a new friend to keep you company so you don't feel the need to troll low volume City forums you don't even live in.
It's not bragging if it's true. It's simple. You're just jealous because I have no debt, over a million $ in savings, good health and good looks. And I'm 44, not the 69 that you claim. You should be banned for your vicious attack.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM

138 posts, read 243,960 times
Al Bundy rocked in that football game!

Old 02-14-2019, 03:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,437 times
Default Possible?

I like and appreciate everything I’ve read. I’m the mix in some way has to be [url]https://www.saj.usace.army.mil/FortPierce/[/url]
This may tip it into exposure in some way. Just consider it!

Old 02-14-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangolufsen View Post
It's not bragging if it's true.
yes it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach