Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 04:28 PM

6 posts, read 13,874 times

Advertisements

We are considering purchasing a condo in Port St. Lucie and would like to know how much property insurance costs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,441,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back to tennessee View Post
We are considering purchasing a condo in Port St. Lucie and would like to know how much property insurance costs?
Condo fees generally include property insurance rolled into it. You will then need to take out an "interior" or "contents" policy, which can be maybe a couple hundred bucks a year.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,930,180 times
I just bought a condo in Vero Beach, Indian River County....and pay 590 per year for the interior with replacement value of 50000. I don't have hurricane shutters yet but the rate will come down when I get them. The company is Universal Prop and Casualty.

I found an auto insurance policy that saved me 200 a year over Pa.

My taxes would be around 619 per year based on what the previous people paid/assessed but that's the OLD assessment and I think it will even come down more. That also includes homestead, if you are not a resident it you dont get that exemption. The previous people paid 1360 in tax without homestead. Based on 14.7499 mills.

I recommend looking somewhere other than PSL especially if you are not living there full time. There are too many foreclosures and vacancies down there and you can't keep an eye on things.

My realtor just had to move out of her condo because the people upstairs moved out without telling anybody and they had a leak that caused toxic mold downstairs in her unit. Not something to mess around with when shopping in Florida for a condo. Now she has to negotiate with the association for the cleanup. Which is a pain because even if the HOA pays the cleanup it's actually her money anyway...and everyone else's. Therefore, the HOA just enacted an inspection rule whereby all condos will be inspected starting with the known vacancies.

I'm surprised Florida doesnt have that rule anyway. Where I used to live in Pa our township had a safety inspection of all multi family dwellings once a year. It was a pain but I thought it was a good idea even if it sounds a bit fascist lol.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 AM

88 posts, read 194,016 times
Condo prices have gone down on the beach, insurance is covered in the association fees, expect those fees to range from 500 to 800 per month if you live on the beach.
Not sure of the prices away from the island but I would hope they are lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach