Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 PM

501 posts, read 1,881,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by franl View Post
To Daytonadewd........Barefoot Bay is in Brevard County.........I guess it is part of Palm Bay??
From what I am reading........sounds like a nice place.........I am concerned about cost of property insurance............on a $45,000 doublewide...........anyone have a ball park figure for insurance??
It is a nice place, as there are also many similar as well.

In a nutshell, (and the State Government keeps changing on new votes), but last I heard (from people I know who lived in manufactured housing) is that the state (as part of negotiating with insurance carriers to cover Florida), no longer requires coverage on manufactured homes, and therefore it's non-existant, (although there were special high-cost pools). You also need to look at HOA/rental fees and if in this market, you could find a better value (i.e. condo, townhouse or single family).

Also, manufactured homes were to become phased out in 2007 from coastal counties. What the update on this is, I don't know. Check with your realtor or rep. from this community on these specific issues before you buy. Strongly suggest hiring a "buyers agent" (NO listings) and attorney to protect you in your contract. Florida is ABOUND with retirement communities in your price range. Link below can refer you in Brevard County:
http://www.daytonabuyersagent.com/

Also, here is some food for thought on some recent local stories involving manufactured home communities (be sure to view stories with video or photos so you can see):
http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=...sGntw9uVIFym4M
http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=...VL3CcZK72DDcxM

To 2Goldens:
  1. Clearwater (original name)
  2. Palm Bay
  3. Bonita Springs

Last edited by daytonadewd; 08-09-2009 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: News Links
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 06:55 AM

5 posts, read 15,012 times
Thanks, Daytonadewd...........looks like I still have some homework to do.......will check into it.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:49 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Palm Bay is known as Barefoot Bay? What part of Palm Bay? Which area?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 AM

5 posts, read 15,012 times
Smile Barefoot Bay

I guess Barefoot Bay is its own community, just south of Palm Bay. I read where it was established about 30 years ago........still doing my homework on this area.........thanks for all your help.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,704 times
Hello, I have some info on Barefoot Bay for you all. We moved here 1 year ago from the northeast, very large mobile home park off us 1. No crime. home prices have dropped lately and there are alot of homes for sale.no lot fees, you own your lot. $56.00 monthly fees. three pools, trash pickup. excellent weather. come on down.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
I
To 2Goldens:[LIST=1][*]Clearwater (original name)[*]Palm Bay[*]Bonita Springs[/LIST]
Just saw this post and there is no area of Bonita Springs called Barefoot Bay. There is a beach called Barefoot Beach Preserve County Park. There is also a very upscale community called Lely Barefoot Beach in Collier County at the far southwest end of Bonita Beach Road. Barefoot Bay is a planned mobile home community just north of Sebastian. Because of its size, many people think of it as its own town, but I'm quite certain it's in Sebastian, just south of Melbourne. Before I broke my toe, I spent many days looking at all sorts of properties including mobile homes, condos and single family houses and drove along route 1 and route A1A visiting different communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad241 View Post
Hello, I have some info on Barefoot Bay for you all. We moved here 1 year ago from the northeast, very large mobile home park off us 1. No crime. home prices have dropped lately and there are alot of homes for sale.no lot fees, you own your lot. $56.00 monthly fees. three pools, trash pickup. excellent weather. come on down.
Oops! Never got to your post before I wrote my comment! Anyway, since I lived in Bonita Springs for 13 years I can say with confidence that there is no section of Bonita called Barefoot Bay. There is a street called Barefoot Bay and/or a section of homes in the gated community of Barefoot Beach, but Bonita Springs is just Bonita Springs.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:27 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Barefoot Bay, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Here's another link.

[URL="http://www.bbrd.org/"]Barefoot Bay Recreation District[/URL]

Old 08-23-2009, 07:01 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,168,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Palm Bay is known as Barefoot Bay? What part of Palm Bay? Which area?
Barefoot Bay is a unicoprated area of manufactured homes in South Brevard County.
It is not Palm Bay. Palm Bay is a city to the North with about 100,000 residents.

Community of Barefoot Bay, Florida (http://www.barefootbay.net/patwebb/community%20of%20barefoot%20bay.htm - broken link)

If considering living in a manufactured home here in Brevard County , look at Hurricane Jeanne and Francis photos from 2004. Barefoot Bay was jit hard. Also do searches for tornadoes hit Barefoot Bay and you will see Barefoot has had many touch downs in its 20 years.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:44 AM

564 posts, read 1,879,154 times
Barefot Bay is just north of Sebastian, in Brevard County, Sebastian is in Indian River County.

FWIW, my in laws manufactured home in Barefoot Bay was damaged lightly in 2004, our neighbors here in New England have a condo in Vero, in a building, that was destroyed in 2004.

As for tornadoes, everyone knows that it's a rule of nature, tornadoes are attracted to mobile/manufactured homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach