Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 04:35 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times

Advertisements

KinderCare?

Snag-A-Job is taking online applications for KinderCare.

Last edited by 2goldens; 02-19-2009 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Added URL to Snag-a-job application. Click that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,832 times
I hear the new day care center is full of skin head gangs and the traffic is murder getting there. LOL just teasing.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:43 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I hear the new day care center is full of skin head gangs and the traffic is murder getting there. LOL just teasing.
awww.. right now it's just dirt being moved around. Wanna play? You can bring your own truck..

Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 PM

79 posts, read 256,060 times
Is it just me or does Tradition need a park?

I constantly see posts about neighbors wanting to meet neighbors. Yes each development has their own rec stuff (pools, courts etc) but sometimes we want to "go outside". We need a fairly large park somewhere along that I-95 corridor with baseball fields, basketball/tennis courts.

How expensive is it to build and maintain a park?

Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
Is it just me or does Tradition need a park?

I constantly see posts about neighbors wanting to meet neighbors. Yes each development has their own rec stuff (pools, courts etc) but sometimes we want to "go outside". We need a fairly large park somewhere along that I-95 corridor with baseball fields, basketball/tennis courts.

How expensive is it to build and maintain a park?

Humm... I kind of think that the big open areas we DO have are places people can go and wander at will. There are sidewalks all around the huge lake up front, as well as everywhere else, you can ride your bike any place and even rent one in town square from the bike shot. You can learn to kayak on the lake (which I have YET to try!) and I just saw a sign for Swan Boat rides? There is a "butterfly park" although I have not been yet.

I'd like to see a baseball/basketball/kids/and picnic park. Wonder if there is a place planned? I will ask ...maybe? I will also wonder about the insurance or who pays if someone gets hurt part. That also plays a huge factor in these kind of things.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 PM

OK>>>> I have some THANK GOD ...information for me and everyone else here that has a computer. THAT MEANS YOU!

I noticed on the 12th that there were 5 extremely small charges on my back account there were not mine. Ok....checked them out. Made calls to the places that charged. THEY HAD MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER< MY HOME ADDRESS< MY INFORMATION ...and on and on. Now I know being a Realtor makes me very public and easy to find but this was nutty stuff and GOING TO MY BANK ACCOUNT!

Someone....If I find out who I will prosecute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was ordering things on line and having them sent to me! Pedipaws. Grant information, signing up for online University classes, Vista Print (which I DO use!), and a photo company to mention a few. I was getting calls from all over.

I had already been to the bank first thing and closed the account down. I even went to the POLICE dept! I got 2 more calls between here and the Police Dept on Roisser!

Anyhow, while standing in the Police Dept, which can NOT DO A THING because it's online, I called my real estate board because I knew of a guy who does computers and was supposed to be great. GIVE ME HIS NUMBER!!!!

I called....I met him within 30 minutes - he has my computer back all in once piece and even UPGRADED in less than 24 hours AND ON A WEEKEND! Now...even though I run several different virus and malware protectors on my computer EVERY DAY....they did not find this DATA COLLECTING BUG! He did!!! I will have to change ALL MY PASSWORDS, my accounts, ....I cant even think about the hours I will have to spend changing things to keep that person from getting to MY BANK ACCOUNT, my PAYPAL account or ANY OF MY CREDIT CARDS! He had to redo my entire harddrive!!!!!! BUT I have everything back!

Right now I owe my LIFE and BANK ACCOUNT to this guy who was wonderful to deal with and quick. He is part of our Real Estate Board- THEY USE HIM! AND he comes to YOU!

SO.... if any of you NEED or even think you need someone to fix your computer DO NOT HESITATE to use Moderator cut: Please contact in private DM for more detail information
Mods, please do not take this down ... it's too important.

This is not an ad... this is an awful reality. I thought I was safe. I wasn't.

Last edited by 2goldens; 02-21-2009 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Removed phone number - If you need it, DM this poster.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 978 times
Sorry to say this and everyone is entitled to there own opinion but I think port saint lucie is one of the worst places to raise kids in Florida. Wasnt always but surely is now. Seems like port st lucie and Ft. Pierce are one town now. If you have YOUNG kids I would either go north to Vero or south to Hobe sound/Jupiter.If you read this and still buy a home in port st lucie I guarantee you'll wish you would of listened to me.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Sorry to say this and everyone is entitled to there own opinion but I think port saint lucie is one of the worst places to raise kids in Florida. Wasnt always but surely is now. Seems like port st lucie and Ft. Pierce are one town now. If you have YOUNG kids I would either go north to Vero or south to Hobe sound/Jupiter.If you read this and still buy a home in port st lucie I guarantee you'll wish you would of listened to me.
Sorry you feel this way. I will say that my kids have heard alot and seen alot of negative behavior at school. I hate the school system of PSL and will continue to speak against it until they decide to change the system. Other than that, PSL is wonderful for my kids. We go biking all the time here, and we could never do that in NC without getting hit by a car. We have many excellent restaurants, miles of river to boat on, and many parks for them to play in. It is a little expensive to enroll them in sports here, but that is my only gripe. I don't know what happened to you, but I don't think PSL is bad enough to try and scare people away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach