Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 6,324 times

Advertisements

Lady B, I have lived here since Feb. 06; Newport Isles problems were due to lack of control by the builders. Since turnover, we have improved the community by enforcement of our HOA bylaws, Community Standards and added Leasing Restrictions of Background Checks etc. I have heard the same story’s about Traditions also; but they have a Marketing Machine since still under some builder control except for the bankrupt builders who left homeowners high and try. We have 740 homes almost 3,000est. 450 of them are children. Being a realtor, you should know federal law prohibits any place stopping of section 8 housing; even Traditions has Federal Assistance Housing. Newport Isles is a wonderful community to raise a family. Any community built during the height of the real-estate boom has the some problems. Port St. Lucie was the fastest growing city in America in 2006 so it make since after the bubble Port St.Lucie has the highest number of foreclosures ( 34953 zip code )due to the greed of builders, people, and everyone else involved in the transactions. The reason I can say this and know it is a fact; I have served on the Transition and Board of Directors since Turnover. Please call and ask to speak to Shawn Garrett; please stop in and see how Newport Isles has turned around.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM

13 posts, read 64,260 times
Again I can only speak from my personal experience living in the community and i have to disagree with the negative comments. My family and I are feel safe and walk around at all times with no fear.. The community has vacant properties that are in foreclosures or in short sale giving families an good opportunity to buy into a nice community ... If you drive into every area of port st lucie you will see abandoned homes in various states of disrepair...Trust me I looked into many area before I purchased in newport isles.. Including Tradition which has not been immune from foreclosure and problems. St lucie county is tenth in the nation for foreclosures .. And as a city is a problem with all have to deal with.....I speaking for myself and my family we are happy in Newport Isles......

Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,930 times
I'm glad you like living there. I take people through Newport Isles if they want to go and let them decide for themselves. My saying section 8 is living in Newport Isles is not a story, its a fact since I know owners who have accepted them.

As for foreclosures, there is NO place that has not been effected by them. The PSL area ran the prices up beyond reason, as did everywhere else. We just had more room to build and speculators bought. I never said Newport Isles was the center of that so don't make it look like I did.

Everybody has a choice where they choose to live. We just have different opinions on where.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,324 times
Default Newport Isles

Lady B; as long as you dont single out Newport Isles and do not tell them that Trandtions or anyother place might have section 8 or you are not sterring based on past issues that are not being addressed that is great.

All I ask is that you give Newport Isles a chance and let your cusomter decide. We have alot of lovely homes at great prices. I paid over 600,000 for my home, not that model is less then 200,000. This is a great buys in Newport Isles due to the investors who could not hold on to their properties at hight prices which they and I paid.

There are alot of benifits to Newport Isles and we do have some challages that we are addressing and we hope that the realtors will at least give our community a chance to over come what the Builders did to our community.

Wishing you the best in selling homes.

Thanks
Shawn

Old 10-29-2009, 07:17 PM

13 posts, read 64,260 times
Never stated you where telling stories.. As long as the people that live here or any community take care of there homes and care about there surrounding is all that matters to me. I live here and what ever problems you might of heard are not true at this time. My family and I are happy here and feel safe. As new families move in this place will only get better...My best to you in your business....

Old 10-30-2009, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie psl View Post
Can someone give me info on this area called Newport Isles near Tradition. Am from up north and looking to relocate here. It seems there is good value here for a gated community with a manned guard and nice size houses. I also did not see much crime for this area. Any thoughts from residents near this area?
I am not sure what realtors "junior member" may have dealt with, however for any realtor to call this place ghetto or to not recommend it means that they are not only violating FREC rules but they are also unaware of the changes, improvements, and the types of people that live in Newport Isles, and they are also not professionals if that is how they describe a neighberhood.

I moved into Newport Isles almost a year ago and as with any HOA or Community there are lots of hurdles that the community needs to get past. However, that being said, the houses in hear are beautiful and you can not find better homes and better value anywhere in Martin or St Lucie County. The houses are well built and have loads of custom designs and great upgrades throughout the houses. There is built in fiber optics cable & internet wiring throughout the house, the community is gated as well as staffed with 24 hour security guards, and is right down the street from Tradition.

It is a shame that people that don't know anything will post negative things about whatever they want and unfortunately unknowing people will end up listening to uneducated information and even worse, nasty, dishonest, and ignorant people. So if you have any further questions about the Newport Isles community, feel free to post a question to someone who actually lives there.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,311 times
I agree with you 100%. I live in Newport Isles as well and it is not even close to the negative descriptions and is as safe as any other neighberhood in St Lucie County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach