Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:19 PM

5 posts, read 15,894 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am possibly relocating from Central FL to PSL. Wanted to know what dog friendly parks and beaches / dog clubs / dog activities there are in the area. I have done a few searches but am not coming up with a lot of info for the PSL area.

I am owned by 4 dogs (1 Border Collie and 3 Staffordshire Bull Terriers) that enjoy swimming, hiking and being active.

Thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 AM

10 posts, read 31,399 times
I sure wish someone would reply to this. As we are also thinking of moving to PSL. I have a very lovable goldendoodle.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 AM

I wish somebody would too ! I see it's been read quite a few times...sigh..

Old 08-15-2009, 01:54 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times
Go to FloridaPets.net

Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulapit View Post
Hello,

I am possibly relocating from Central FL to PSL. Wanted to know what dog friendly parks and beaches / dog clubs / dog activities there are in the area. I have done a few searches but am not coming up with a lot of info for the PSL area.

I am owned by 4 dogs (1 Border Collie and 3 Staffordshire Bull Terriers) that enjoy swimming, hiking and being active.

Thanks in advance !
There is a dog park in Tradition. You have to live in Tradition so you can have the key to open the door. It is empty during daytime and has several regulars in the evening. Three single guys are there with their dogs all the time (now actually only two, the third one will be back someday). I call them single men club. They are nice and will open door for anyone who wants to come in but without a key.

I have walked my GSD in several public parks (Jetty, White City...) and no one has stopped me so I guess it is okay to do that. I saw other dogs there too.

There are hiking trails that you can take your dogs with you. But I have never done that so I can't give you details. The only reason I knew is that someone did that and his car was broken in while he was hiking with his dog.

Once a month, there is a doggie activity in the town center of Tradition with vendors and dogs.

There is a dog beach (I was told by my neighbor.). I have never been there since my new GSD is afraid of water and not very dog friendly.

Dog is not allowed in outdoor sitting area of any eatery in St. Lucie County. So we drive to Abacoa (Jupiter) to have our dinner with our dog sometime.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the info ! Much appreciated.

Do you know anything about the Treasure Coast Kennel Club? Worth joining?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:37 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,474 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info ! Much appreciated.

Do you know anything about the Treasure Coast Kennel Club? Worth joining?
The club is located in a not so safe area of Ft. Pierce. Because of its location, I have never tried to get involved. I don't know whether they have another safer location.

There is a Jupiter Tequesta Dog Club (www.jtdc.org). It is 35 minutes north of Tradition if you get on I-95 from Tradition entrance. It locates in FAU campus and town of Abacoa, beautiful and safe. It is run by a very nice group of people. They are serious about show and competition. If you are a member (membership fee, $25/yr), you only pay $5 for each rally training session. I think their Weimaraner won the best in show in Westminster dog show recently. I took my GSD there for a class, and then I always stopped by Stadium Grill for a drink.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Thanks so much !

Old 08-28-2009, 07:29 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Pit Bulls aka Staffordshire Terriers or any mix of them are not allowed in Tradition, nor in many other communities. They are considered aggressive breeds and now all the HOA's in Tradition have rules against them.

Also, all but The Lakes in Tradition have ruled a maximum of 2 pets per household. You will need to check with each individual HOA in other areas as to their specific rules.

Renting individual homes not in HOA's - it's up the the owner to decide if they will accept your dog/s or not. I have found that having 3 dogs much less 4 makes it very difficult to find an owner that will accept them, and very very difficult to find anyone that will take Pit Bulls at all.

Purchasing is a different story, except in HOA's.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:42 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance !
Same here, I am between Daytona and Orlando and am also thinking of a move to PSL. I was there last week visiting my Dad and noticed there are alot of HOA's there. Where my Dad lives (HOA) they are now allowing people to fence their yards in for their dogs.
I too am curious as I have 6 dogs! A lab/mix, shepard mix, 2 pit/mixes, 1 Am Staff. and a chihuahua! A zoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach