Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 11:47 AM

426 posts, read 506,280 times

Advertisements

I meant to post something like this when the forsythia and then azalea's were in bloom, but never got around to it. But, now, the rhododendron's are in bloom, and Maine is looking gorgeous!

I don't know if others agree or not, but people in Maine really keep beautiful grounds and gardens. Whether a small or larger lot, they keep their grass mowed, they plant flowers, shrubs and their yards pop with color!

I went to visit friends in Nyack, NY, an artsy town on the Hudson river, and walked to town from their home. What a difference from here. No one was weeding or mowing and everything was overgrown. Of course, narrower streets, and homes closer together, but litter too. We also had house guests Memorial Day from Brooklyn, they own an attached house in the Midwood section (for those who are familiar). Anyway, she said she was the only one of her neighbors who keeps her yard and lawn looking good. Although her neighbors are all homeowners, they have no interest. I felt badly for her.

I'm just posting because I hope people don't take it for granted how pretty it is. It is just another reason I love living here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 AM

506 posts, read 684,052 times
I've noticed that people in Maine are starting to care for their homes and landscape much better than they used to. Most people take pride in where they live and it's a big investment for most.....also keeps the value of their investment up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area