Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times

Advertisements

There's one meat mrkt on Stevens that I know of, it's called Pat's. There's now a nice little restaurant upstairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Must have been Levinskys. It sure was the place to shop back in the day. I'm pretty sure the original Levinskys WAS downtown -before it moved up by India Street, yes Moughie it was a couple blocks from The Village.
Back then there were more choices to shop to downtown. Porteous was there and Woolworth too. Before the mall ever existed, or grew to the size it is now.

K-luv is there still the army-navy surplus store up in Monument Square? They used to carry other stuff like socks and underwear, might have been camo colored and thermo but it was underwear, and cheap!
The Levinskis sign is still up, but that is all that is left of it.

Army-surplus, nope. That's gone, too.

Just LL Bean outlet, a sports mart and a ton of boutiques which are nice if you like $150+ jeans. Other then that it is Sears or JC Penny at the mall or Target.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:32 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax1997 View Post
I would love a Hooters. Anyone know the thread that it was discussed before? I do know the franchise fee is very expensive.

Arena Football team. Saw a game live one time - awesome experience. Bring one to the civic center.

Meat market? There are two close by my house, but I don't know of any in portland. The meat at the local butcher is much better than the big box stores.

Anything "granola". WHole foods is a huge success. There are many people that would like a similar genre of products.

hmmm.... a meat market and a hooters, you could combine the two and call the place beef n' boobs

Old 05-01-2008, 06:43 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,579,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
hmmm.... a meat market and a hooters, you could combine the two and call the place beef n' boobs
Would you like a breast or a thigh???

Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
How about a really great mom and pop diner. The kind a place that has real eclectic mix of american food's. A place where you can get a unbelievable Buritto, or a hamburger. I am not aware of anyplace like this.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:33 PM

252 posts, read 710,350 times
The Miss Portland Diner has recently been put back on Marginal Way and you should be able to get good diner fare there.

Krispy Kreme? NOT! We live where there are no Dunkin Donuts. But there are Krispy Kreme shops. Not my cup of tea. I don't like having to eat two donuts before my stomach acknowledges it has something in it. Besides, who would want to eat a Krispy Kreme donut when there are Tony's donuts in town.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 PM

53 posts, read 141,719 times
I left Maine almost 20 years ago, now in Alabama. We have Krispy Kreme, I'd trade them any day for Dunkin Donuts!!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:28 PM

182 posts, read 490,963 times
The thing is Mardens or Reny's probably has a pretty good idea of how to do the dept store thing. If there aren't any in Portland there must be a reason.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:33 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
You mean that place on Riverside Dr near Home Depot?

regarding a KK in Portland....New England is DD country plus KK has been dealing with a financial problem so they have not expanded much in the last few years.
Yes! I've never been in of course! I think after you reach 50 they should charge you a pervert tax to go to these places... Hey Augusta are you listening ...more revenue!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:37 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan View Post
I left Maine almost 20 years ago, now in Alabama. We have Krispy Kreme, I'd trade them any day for Dunkin Donuts!!
Ok forget the Krispy Kreme! How about a nice granola and soy milk breakfast cafe'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area