Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times

Advertisements

The Evergreen Air and Space Museum in McMinnville might be a good spot. In addition to all the airplanes, they now have a hotel and and waterpark there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 PM

218 posts, read 376,878 times
Is the waterpark in doors or outdoors? That sounds like a fun time. I can't wait to show her all the neat stuff. Wish i could show her when I get home from work but then she will assume she is going and it has to stay a surprise

Old 08-04-2011, 01:26 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AztoORegon View Post
Is the waterpark in doors or outdoors? That sounds like a fun time. I can't wait to show her all the neat stuff. Wish i could show her when I get home from work but then she will assume she is going and it has to stay a surprise
Indoors. Outdoors would limit it's year-round usefulness a little too much.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:53 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times
Quote:
I know she loves the beach so we are going there for sure. She has a few friends there that she wants to see ( they moved there this year), she loves art, snow, forest, water parks or fountains, reading, riding bikes ( A LOT). She calls her self " A different kid" because she eats just about anything from squid to spicy food and loves to read and write long letters. Mind you she is only 7. I have a lot of fun ahead of me I know haha. She wants to see where we are moving to, I show her pictures and she just lights up. She has NO IDEA she is going with us. Its a surprise.
There are lots of great municipal fountains in town. Salmon Street Springs is great for playing in, a hot day. It's in Waterfront Park.

If she's a reader, you'll want to visit Powell's Bookstore. It's open until 11.

The food carts all around town will give you some fun and different dining options.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 PM

192 posts, read 454,670 times
Quote:
How do you like the transition from AZ
No regrets. My kids summed it up by saying the kids here are nicer. I had trouble (and still do, to a lesser extent) adjusting to the winters and the difference in sunlight. You will find that it is less commercial.

Bring jackets to the beach! Even when it is warm it can be pretty windy.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:32 AM

218 posts, read 376,878 times
Great info! I promise to bring a jacket to the beach my friend posts pictures of her daughters at the beach in furry jackets I couldn't help but laugh but I know its needed. I can not wait to move from AZ. This place is not for me..the thing I hate the most is when you go any where someone says " how you ..you said great..how are you? they don't say anything back. They just continue walking. No one genially cares around here. Its to hot to go outside and NO kids are outside to play EVER. Everyone keeps to them selves and I hate that. Can't wait to move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland