Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times

Advertisements

This place is being built across the street from Nike's front door: 45° Central Metropolitan Land Group New Urban Neighborhood in Beaverton, Oregon | Beaverton Oregon Real Estate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
In that case you should look in the neighborhood of Bethany, north of Hgy 26. There is a huge park under the power lines suitable for running with a large dog. This is a very family oriented area, I agree that pit bulls/pit bull mixes will rarely be allowed. Choose another breed and your housing options will be much greater. Your husband will be driving to NIKE campus, however, unless he is open to using a bike.

I don't know the parks in Orenco (a neighborhood in Hillsboro) but look there as well. Orenco is convenient to the MAX.

The development mentioned above is under construction. The units look large. If you can rent there you will have the best of both worlds as there is a forest kitty corner with a paved path. Keep in mind that the MAX stop to the south of that property is not accessible but if you can catch the NIKE shuttle the development is an easy walk along One Bowerman Drive. Note that they are condos, not rentals.

Last edited by Nell Plotts; 07-26-2013 at 11:44 AM..

Old 07-26-2013, 01:23 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb08 View Post
@Rob Allen thanks for the tip! We really want to get a larger dog, I'm pushing for a pit bull, but most complexes won't allow that breed.
Getting a pit-bull when you are a tenant would be one of the most serious mistakes you could ever make in your life. You will guarantee yourself that it will be nearly impossible to rent anywhere.

Even getting a large breed will close off most of the rentals that allow pets.

There are many really great medium sized breeds that you can probably get into one of the pets allowed rentals. All of the spaniels (Brittany spaniels are wonderful), a smaller Australian Shepherd, a small retriever like a Toller, and a million medium sized mutts that need homes.

By the way, even the pets allowed rentals will usually not permit puppies.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:03 PM

181 posts, read 455,795 times
I suggest looking into Forest Creek Apartments in the Forest Heights neighborhood of Portland. My boyfriend and I have lived there for the past year, but we're about to move because we just purchased our first home. Despite the fact that we're moving into a bright and shiny new house, I'm really, REALLY sad to leave Forest Creek and especially Forest Heights!

The neighborhood is just gorgeous and very conveniently located. It's situated on the western slope of Portland's West Hills, so it's very easy to get to Beaverton or to NW Portland via Cornell Road. We do most of our shopping/errands in Beaverton but hang out a lot in NW Portland. Forest Park is right next door, and the neighborhood has its own private wooded trails (six miles of them) that are maintained by the homeowners' association. The apartments themselves are also very nice, the complex has a huge hot tub and shared grill, and the management has been nice the few times we've interacted with them. Most of our neighbors are young professionals like ourselves -- there aren't a lot of families with kids. Despite the fact that this apartment community is in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Portland, the rent is about the same as comparable apartments in the Beaverton/Cedar Mill area (and much cheaper than the Pearl District and downtown).

Forest Creek Apartments: Forest Creek - Apartments for Rent - Portland, OR
Video showing Forest Heights (excuse the cheesy music): Forest Heights Neighborhood in NW Portland Oregon - YouTube

Hope that helps and good luck with your search!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:10 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Doesn't the Forest Park development have its own shuttle to Portland/MAX?? [As someone who lived just downhill from the first tunnel I remember the hearings about the project. - Dates me, I know.]

Old 07-29-2013, 01:37 PM

181 posts, read 455,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Doesn't the Forest Park development have its own shuttle to Portland/MAX?? [As someone who lived just downhill from the first tunnel I remember the hearings about the project. - Dates me, I know.]
The Forest Heights HOA operates a shuttle to and from the Sunset Transit Center. It departs every half hour from early morning until about 8 p.m., with a break in service between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. I've actually never used it myself as I had an easy commute to NW Portland.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:57 PM

15 posts, read 17,403 times
My husband and I are also looking for similar housing, and we have two pitbull mixes that are not really accepted anywhere! But, we did find two apartment complexes with no size or breed restrictions.

Beaverton (across the street from Nike): Pet Friendly Apartments | Portland OR
Downtown: Pet Friendly Apartments | Portland OR

Old 08-01-2013, 01:41 AM

7 posts, read 21,061 times
Pit bull? Really? Why not just carry a gun around with you?

Old 05-08-2018, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,650 times
Where would be the best areas or neighborhoods between Beaverton and Portland Downtown for a 24 yr old working at Nike Campus? Any specific apartments preferably month to month for now?

Last edited by emmaaloha; 05-08-2018 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: changed wording

Old 05-08-2018, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,650 times
Question Best areas to live in near nike campus

Where would be the best areas or neighborhoods between Beaverton and Portland Downtown for a 24 yr old working at Nike Campus? Any specific apartments preferably month to month for now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland