Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 10:42 PM
2Z4

26 posts, read 55,095 times

Advertisements

You can get what you're looking for in Milwaukie (city limits) or unincorporated Milwaukie (Oak Grove). Right on the MAX line, take that or bike into inner SE Portland (very liberal) and you're within 15 minutes of downtown most days. 3-600K is a wide range, the area I've described is probably going to be 450K and up because all the other Californians are moving here too. But still cheaper than Portland city limits in close like Eastmoreland, Sellwood, Ladd's Addition - those are 600K range on not a very large lot. The homeless/drug problems are a little bit more pronounced in those areas than they are south of Hwy 224 in Milwaukie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 01:46 PM

90 posts, read 78,437 times
Sherwood isn’t bad if you’re ok with being more of a drive from Portland. Newberg is nice too but may be too conservative for your tastes.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:52 PM

346 posts, read 309,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm going to also recommend the Aloha, Beaverton and Hillsboro areas of Portland Metro. I'd also consider crossing over into the Vancouver area also. Then decide which area will work best for you at least on a home purchase, income and property taxes. It probably will be on the Washington side, but things change so rapidly now days who knows. I notice other posters have already recommended these areas, so I will just add to the recommendations. I got to all these places listed by Bike and Max and or bus when I lived there. It certainly can be done I think your going to find the cost of homes is quite high for what you get now days. The COL in the Portland Vancouver Metro area really shot up in recent years I left the area when I retired and bought a small home in Florida. Though Oregon is a much more attractive area. It just cost far to much for many retirees in this day and age. For those retirees that can manage it, I'm sincerely happy for them.

Enjoy doing your research and visits to Portland to scope out the area and homes. I bet you will find what your looking for, and I hope everything will work out well for you.

I talked to u before, I know u moved to Lakeland FL, but do u miss Portland? I wouldnt but it seems like u take an interest in peoples posts in here even after u left. I added u to friends.

I would give to move back to FL. I am in Sherwood, its bad for me. I took a liking to Gresham though as its diverse, I didnt think i'd see the time I'd do that but thats how tired I am of the whiteout I see. So id look to move to a place kinda like this if I left Oregon. Lakeland is hot I think now, isnt it?

Old 08-15-2020, 12:02 PM

9,533 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Hi. Yes I did move to Fla, and yes at times I miss Oregon and Portland. I admit though there are a few things about Portland I don't miss. Yes Florida is very hot and humid. It's hot most of the year now other than Nov to Mar or early April. Even then it can be hot.

Your friend request came thru last night. It's on there Thanks. Stay safe from all the unrest there.

Old 08-16-2020, 12:38 PM

8 posts, read 6,217 times
Coming from LA, I don't think you can comprehend how bad the weather is in Portland area. It's cold and gloomy for 7-8 months of the year. Week after week, month after month of dark, cold and depressing. It's not that it rains that much. It's usually a drizzle if anything. Many days are no rain but also no sun. Portland is a full meltdown right now due to riots and it's population of radical leftists. I'd stay far away from the place. Unless you have family in Portland area, I'd look elsewhere. There are many other better places.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:47 AM

346 posts, read 309,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Hi. Yes I did move to Fla, and yes at times I miss Oregon and Portland. I admit though there are a few things about Portland I don't miss. Yes Florida is very hot and humid. It's hot most of the year now other than Nov to Mar or early April. Even then it can be hot.

Your friend request came thru last night. It's on there Thanks. Stay safe from all the unrest there.

Im on the west side. I havent liked it since I got here. This is the worst part in an unbalanced state as it is. If I had to pick an area, Id pick the Gresham side. I dont go near a lot of people. A ton of snobs.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:56 AM

2,515 posts, read 5,025,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesblazens View Post
Coming from LA, I don't think you can comprehend how bad the weather is in Portland area. It's cold and gloomy for 7-8 months of the year. Week after week, month after month of dark, cold and depressing.
Baloney. Portland has great weather except for a few summer months when it's unbearably hot.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:40 PM

90 posts, read 78,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesblazens View Post
Coming from LA, I don't think you can comprehend how bad the weather is in Portland area. It's cold and gloomy for 7-8 months of the year. Week after week, month after month of dark, cold and depressing. It's not that it rains that much. It's usually a drizzle if anything. Many days are no rain but also no sun. Portland is a full meltdown right now due to riots and it's population of radical leftists. I'd stay far away from the place. Unless you have family in Portland area, I'd look elsewhere. There are many other better places.
I grew up near LA and got used to it pretty fast. I love rain and don’t mind colder weather, I do wish our winters weren’t so dark though.
Most of the craziness is in Portland, most other parts of the metro area are fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland