Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 PM

404 posts, read 1,338,788 times

Advertisements

Portland, Oregon news with photographs and stories featuring breaking news, police, fire & rescue; community and neighborhoods; schools; nonprofit organizations, service clubs, business community

Supposedly a power theft complaint led to a "multi pound scale" meth lab site in unincorporated area of Multnomah county at 7600 block of SE 162nd Ave.

I searched backdate Oregonian newspaper on Newsbank, but there is no reference to this incident elsewhere. Could anyone confirm or deny if this is a hoax?

There are a few sites I haven't heard of linking to it as well, but again, no mention by major sources, like KOIN, KGW, KPTV, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 05:25 PM

398 posts, read 1,318,369 times
I was curious about your post - I googled 7600 SE 162nd Ave., Portland, OR and brought it up on Street View. Turn around, and you can see that little shack along the road plain as day. If you back up a little, you get the vantage point that photo was taken from. There is no barn behind the shack like in the photo in the article you posted. The article is dated 2006 and I believe that was around the same time Google started photographing the Portland area. So for some reason that barn was quickly torn down between when that article came out and when Google took their Street View photo. Hmmmmmmm....

Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Assuming the story is true the barn would be removed as contaminated. Any occupant of the property should look for a decontamination report.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:19 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
I became curious, too. I called the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office records. The address of 7615 SE 162nd shows up as related to a drug arrest. Apparently, the story is true.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
What's scary now is what they're calling shake and bake meth labs. Apparently new techniques have come been invented that you simply need a two liter bottle and the ingredients. This has become so common now that they even found one of these inside a state owned building!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:16 AM

404 posts, read 1,338,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
What's scary now is what they're calling shake and bake meth labs. Apparently new techniques have come been invented that you simply need a two liter bottle and the ingredients. This has become so common now that they even found one of these inside a state owned building!
I believe the new "shake and bake" that you speak of, only became known amongst the average people, thanks to the "media" and now paranoia has gotten stronger.

Lab glassware have legitimate purpose in hands of eager future scientists. Now, any form of home experiment is automatically labeled "meth lab". Search "Canadian teen arrested" "meth lab".

You now need a prescription to get pseudoephedrine in Oregon, get it elsewhere, or put up with the new, less effective alternative.

The government respond by ban this, ban that. Pull top soda bottles were forced out of existence due to littering problem. How long before we have to submit all our household chemical purchase to the government and keep record for audit much like we do tax records?

The media is blowing the whole thing out of proportion. They're acting like any meth lab operation uses deadly poison and act like any property used for it is like a level-4 bio hazard, even though this isn't necessarily true and doing real damage to property value by putting "former meth lab" flag on property records tag.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,264 times
Exclamation It is Dangerous to your HEALTH weather it is a big bust or not

I had the unfortunate circumstance of living next to a meth lab. I lived in a 4-plex I had Iodine dripping off my walls and my other neighbor did too. My GF and I got extremely sick and my bird hid in his cage tring to escape to toxic fumes. My landlord got very upset when we told him of the problem which made me think he was involved. We have since moved it has only been 2 weeks and we feel MUCH better. The problem that we have is the police didn't do anything even tho we had the iodine dripping. I feel bad for the next renter.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:04 PM

151 posts, read 233,280 times
Scary. You might try to report to Mult. County health or housing offices as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland