Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
All you need is a digital thermometer. Walmart or any drug store has them.

I would not spend money on an ovulation calculator. You are not trying to time intercourse to get pregnant, and they are not reliable enough to use to prevent pregnancy.
Ok, thanks,.

I was taking a special herbal tea Yogi-Woman's Moon Cycle to try & help regulate it, it helped immensely to relax me but I wonder if I should keep on taking it. It was kind of like a PMS help tea. Would you advise drinking it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 04:30 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Haven't had any children yet, I am considering NuvaRing but don't know how expensive that is...right now I can barely afford birth control once I get my period again, I will start taking it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant though. Does quitting the pill make you gain weight?
You're worried about weight gain? I can only hope you're a teenager.

Honey, birth control is far less expensive than being pregnant and wondering how you are going to pay for prenatal care or raise a kid (probably alone since your boyfriend doesn't sound like someone who would be interested in you when the bloating starts)or the anguish of having to pay for an abortion. In this day and age there is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy unless you are too lazy or stupid to protect yourself .

Old 09-07-2012, 04:30 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Ok, thanks,.

I was taking a special herbal tea Yogi-Woman's Moon Cycle to try & help regulate it, it helped immensely to relax me but I wonder if I should keep on taking it. It was kind of like a PMS help tea. Would you advise drinking it?
The tea contains dong quai, which may have estrogen like effects. You may want to choose a tea without it. Since it has not been studied, it's hard to say what effects it might have on your cycle.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
You're worried about weight gain? I can only hope you're a teenager.

Honey, birth control is far less expensive than being pregnant and wondering how you are going to pay for prenatal care or raise a kid (probably alone since your boyfriend doesn't sound like someone who would be interested in you when the bloating starts)or the anguish of having to pay for an abortion. In this day and age there is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy unless you are too lazy or stupid to protect yourself .

I'm 24, not a teenager at all. I realize that BC is cheaper bc one of my friends has 2 kids & told me just last night that a box of Pampers cost $60. My boyfriend & I have never been ignorant about birth control in all of its methods & we are both educated individuals.

I'm not "excusing myself from unwanted pregnancy" nor am I "too lazy or too stupid to protect myself." SMH.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
The tea contains dong quai, which may have estrogen like effects. You may want to choose a tea without it. Since it has not been studied, it's hard to say what effects it might have on your cycle.
Hmm, maybe I should just go w/ the flow (no pun intended). However I'm wondering, since I don't have any more "PMS symptoms" if it is on its way or just kind of stagnant?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Hmm, maybe I should just go w/ the flow (no pun intended). However I'm wondering, since I don't have any more "PMS symptoms" if it is on its way or just kind of stagnant?
Tried to reply to your DM but got a message that you have DMs blocked.

A normal period occurs due to changes in the uterine lining that happen after an egg is released from the ovary. Skipping pills may have caused some temporary hormone changes that interfered with an egg developing in the first cycle off the pills. The temp chart can let you know when you have ovulated and has the advantage of being cheap.

If you have not ovulated, you probably will not have a period until you do. There is really no way to predict when it will happen.

So you just have to wait it out.

And the answer to the question in your DM is that what you were asking about will have no effect on your period.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Tried to reply to your DM but got a message that you have DMs blocked.

A normal period occurs due to changes in the uterine lining that happen after an egg is released from the ovary. Skipping pills may have caused some temporary hormone changes that interfered with an egg developing in the first cycle off the pills. The temp chart can let you know when you have ovulated and has the advantage of being cheap.

If you have not ovulated, you probably will not have a period until you do. There is really no way to predict when it will happen.

So you just have to wait it out.

And the answer to the question in your DM is that what you were asking about will have no effect on your period.
It's funny, I was going to go to CVS today to go get a dig. thermometer & when I woke up this morning, I started my period!!!

I'm SO relieved & shocked, but truthfully I'm doubtful of taking the pill again...I just want my body to be free of hormones for awhile...we'll see....

Old 09-08-2012, 01:49 PM

Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:

UPDATE:

Started taking birth control pill again as of Sunday at 12pm & have been experiencing terrible migraine inducing headaches. Is this a common thing? I am wanting to switch the time of my pill to 9pm, but I am worried that it might affect my cycle. I've only been taking it for 4 days, is it reasonable? I can't risk not taking the pill as my boyfriend will be here in a month.

thanks

Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:

UPDATE:

Started taking birth control pill again as of Sunday at 12pm & have been experiencing terrible migraine inducing headaches. Is this a common thing? I am wanting to switch the time of my pill to 9pm, but I am worried that it might affect my cycle. I've only been taking it for 4 days, is it reasonable? I can't risk not taking the pill as my boyfriend will be here in a month.

thanks
Headaches with birth control pills are not uncommon.

Migraine sufferers who take oral contraceptives may be at increased risk for stroke, especially those who have migraine with aura (symptoms such as flashing lights that precede the head ache.)

It appears that you just may not be a good candidate for the combined estrogen & progestin pill. You need to discuss this with your doctor and explore other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy