Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM

440 posts, read 329,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
You mean, if you make it to 77. You have a much higher risk of dying while your child is an adolescent than someone giving birth 10-15 years younger than you. That's just stats talking. You think you won't be over the hill, but I can assure you that your child will think so! I understand what you went through though--I lost my dad at 16 (he was 63) and my mom when I was 30 (she was 67). It does suck to lose your parent at either age, but you have to admit that at 32 you had a much better grasp of death and an understanding of it. When you are a child there is no reasoning and the long-term effects are much more detrimental.
ITA. You also have a much higher risk of complications during the pregnancy and death during the delivery. And no 50 is not the new 30. Raising one child in today's society is overwhelming, and triplets at their age? is enough to make the baby jesus weep. I hope they have a lot of energy or younger relatives in their family that can help them because lord knows they are going to need help all the help they can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,720,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
ITA. You also have a much higher risk of complications during the pregnancy and death during the delivery. And no 50 is not the new 30. Raising one child in today's society is overwhelming, and triplets at their age? is enough to make the baby jesus weep. I hope they have a lot of energy or younger relatives in their family that can help them because lord knows they are going to need help all the help they can get.
Energetic... Yes... lots of young relatives... No

Each parent to be has one sibling and only one had a child. Each parent to be also has only one aged parent... so there is almost no family available to help.

Kind of ironic that they dearly wanted children for so long and now, out of the blue... triplets!

28 years as a pediatric nurse with the last 7 in charge of labor and delivery certainly gives her more knowledge than most moms to be.

They are very active in their church so that may give them a larger pool of helpers.

I promise to keep you all apprised if there is an interest.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:57 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,208,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Curious what you think? 35? 40? 45?
None of the ages you mentioned are "too old." I know quite a few women who have have children in their 40's, including 45 and above.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:04 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,991,758 times
Quote:
You mean, if you make it to 77. You have a much higher risk of dying while your child is an adolescent than someone giving birth 10-15 years younger than you. That's just stats talking. You think you won't be over the hill, but I can assure you that your child will think so! I understand what you went through though--I lost my dad at 16 (he was 63) and my mom when I was 30 (she was 67). It does suck to lose your parent at either age, but you have to admit that at 32 you had a much better grasp of death and an understanding of it. When you are a child there is no reasoning and the long-term effects are much more detrimental.
Oh,I'll make it all right.You must have missed my post where I stated that research shows that a woman who has a baby after 40[who gets pregnant on her own] has a good chance of living to be 100. Not only WILL I make it,but I will still be running,still be the same size I was in High school[110],still be the cool mom I am,and still have blond hair!

Old 02-03-2008, 05:39 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,208,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
Oh,I'll make it all right.You must have missed my post where I stated that research shows that a woman who has a baby after 40[who gets pregnant on her own] has a good chance of living to be 100. Not only WILL I make it,but I will still be running,still be the same size I was in High school[110],still be the cool mom I am,and still have blond hair!
Good for you and may you make it to 100 and be in good health and spirits! I am a firm believer in manifesting that which we believe to be true! Right on, sister!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:05 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,991,758 times
Thank you,and I agree! Positive thoughts do alot!

Old 02-03-2008, 10:50 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,420,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
Well, good for you that you are so positive. You will definitely need it no matter how old or young you are when you have a baby. I did miss your post, was it a peer-reviewed reputable journal publication? I'd like to see that, so I will go back and check for it. It's hard to fight genetics, but more power to you.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:33 PM

440 posts, read 329,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Energetic... Yes... lots of young relatives... No

Each parent to be has one sibling and only one had a child. Each parent to be also has only one aged parent... so there is almost no family available to help.

Kind of ironic that they dearly wanted children for so long and now, out of the blue... triplets!

28 years as a pediatric nurse with the last 7 in charge of labor and delivery certainly gives her more knowledge than most moms to be.

They are very active in their church so that may give them a larger pool of helpers.

I promise to keep you all apprised if there is an interest.
God bless them and best of luck!

Old 02-04-2008, 03:12 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,280,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Yes... I keep them in my thoughts too.

They were just telling me that both sets of Grandparents were reminiscing about the lack of Grandchildren and how it looked like the family was coming to the end of the line.

On the Father to be's side there is one Grandson age 16... on the Mother to be's side there are NO Grandchildren.

I can think of no one better to be a Mom... She has a genuine love for children and has dedicated her entire 28 years in the Nursing Profession to the care of Children.

Maybe, this is just an example of positive Karma?
I think this is a wonderful story. Karma? I would put it in the Christian vernacular of the perhaps the "law of sowing and reaping."

Best wishes to them!

Old 02-04-2008, 03:16 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,280,641 times
Quote:
You think you won't be over the hill, but I can assure you that your child will think so!
Given the way teen-agers think, your child will think you're "over the hill" and "a hopeless dork" even if you have them at age 18!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy