Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,944,075 times

Advertisements

And I hope the world can learn to mind its own business

I didn't go into their home, asking if they were pregnant. They made it public.

If you "don't care" or "don't want to hear" what other people think here's a simple solution...

Don't call the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,455,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
It opted to keep it's internal reproductive organs but wanted to be a man. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.
I have to agree with you here. If Beatie really wanted to experience life as a man, then she would have opted to not experience childbirth. If she wanted to be a man, then she should've taken all that comes with it.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Think about this for a minite.
A Man giving Birth for crying out loud!
All I have to say about that, is if you don`t see anything wrong with that picture, then something is loose with you.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:04 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,051,201 times
"I have to agree with you here. If Beatie really wanted to experience life as a man, then she would have opted to not experience childbirth. If she wanted to be a man, then she should've taken all that comes with it."

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So well said!!!!!! Thank You!!
tiffany

Old 07-08-2008, 04:05 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,051,201 times
"I didn't go into their home, asking if they were pregnant. They made it public.

If you "don't care" or "don't want to hear" what other people think here's a simple solution...

Don't call the media."

Exactly!!!
Tiffany

Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 AM

797 posts, read 2,993,073 times
In my I view I see the media as playing with this situation to win our attention. While "he" was a woman and kept her uterus and ovaries but had her breasts removed, apparently she was able to legally change her gender to male. That is what allowed him to marry his wife whom did have previous children. In a interview he said he kept his female organs because he always planned to have a baby someday. The reality is that this is a lesbian couple having a baby, getting attention because one of them is legally registered as a male. He also stopped "his" hormone treatment 2 years before conceiving so that the baby would be unharmed. The baby can not be both part of the mom or the other mom as they both produce eggs and used an anonymous sperm donor. It is a shame the child will forever be labeled as "the first baby born to a man," with an asterisk of course because he was really a she.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:37 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,299,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
<snip> He also stopped "his" hormone treatment 2 years before conceiving so that the baby would be unharmed. The baby can not be both part of the mom or the other mom as they both produce eggs and used an anonymous sperm donor. It is a shame the child will forever be labeled as "the first baby born to a man," with an asterisk of course because he was really a she.
Okay... what?

I'm not being sarcastic (for once!) or arguing. I just don't understand what you said in this sentence. 'Splain? Please?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 PM

797 posts, read 2,993,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Okay... what?

I'm not being sarcastic (for once!) or arguing. I just don't understand what you said in this sentence. 'Splain? Please?

Someone suggested earlier that the baby would be from both of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Well, I'll just have to disagree with you even if it means a flogging in the opposite direction.

As per my understanding, he changed gender a while ago and married as a man. His wife can't carry a child. So he came off of the male hormones he was taking in order to carry the child his wife couldn't carry. The child they both want to raise to complete their family. So it is two people who love each other and want to raise a child. The media circus came to them.

His wife will be Mom and he will be Dad and the child really will be from both of them. Pretty special. And lucky girl to have two loving parents who wanted her, right from the start.
This of course is impossible, even if "he" is acting the dad, both parents are biologically female making it impossible for the baby to be part of both of the moms. He donated the eggs and carried the baby, his wife has no biological connection to the baby. If they were not legally married, she (the wife) would have to legally adopt the baby to have any parental rights. I know this because I have known a lesbian couple for many years that both had babies by artificial insemination and adopted each others baby.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
What I don't understand is why do so many of you care about how this PERSON wants to live his life?

AND please don't start with the protestations that you don't care, the words in this thread are evidence that this persons situation makes you uncomfortable. Why not just be glad this PERSON is happy with his partner and their child and let it go?

What is the motivation of this PERSON to bring it to the attention of the public? WHO KNOWS, WHO CARES? Would knowing this PERSONS motivation really change your harsh opinion of this situation?

Why not concentrate on your family, be glad for your health, mental and physical and be glad this family has found a way to be happy as well.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
What I don't understand is why do so many of you care about how this PERSON wants to live his life?
You know what? I never wanted to care, or even know, how this circus freak lives his/her life. He/she/it/whatever made the deliberate choice to make a public spectacle of their personal life and situation and invited public scrutiny as a result. So here's my piece of scrutiny: I am under no obligation to admire this creature's narcissism and profoundly deep personal confusion or play this little "let's pretend a man gave birth to a child" game. The minute this freak show goes back to being a private citizen is the minute I stop caring about this whole exhibition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy