Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM

151 posts, read 272,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
she's not a foreigner.
You sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 12:53 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,067,533 times
She has hired a publicist who states that she has had numerous offers for book deals and tv shows. She (the publicist) states that this woman's story will be told and it is a fantastic story. Sounds a little like Casey Anthony to me, all the secrecy and the attempt to make the general public enticed to want to hear more.

I hope she gets nothing but all those kids taken away and put in homes where there is some sense running them (the homes, not the kids).

Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
She can't even afford the children she already had...

Lots of statement verifying that she had the children b/c she wanted money & thought this was the way to do it.

Serious mental healthy issues.

Horribly sad for those babies.

Let's hope the "stupid gene" skips a generation!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:47 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
What bothers me, is she will probably hang onto those 14 kids for a few years by hiring lawyers who will do the work pro bono, so she can keep the kids. Then after a few years of mayhem and hysteria, she'll lose them, and there will be another 14 unadoptable kids in the revolving door foster care system who have been screwed up by a selfish lunatic mother.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
Frankly, I'm still scratching my head trying to understand why the so called 'experts' would relent to this woman's wish and aided her at all. Unbelievable.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Frankly, I'm still scratching my head trying to understand why the so called 'experts' would relent to this woman's wish and aided her at all. Unbelievable.
I think it was just one wack job, and the others are really pissed at him/her. I'm sure when this starts to evolve, that doctor is going to have a LOT of explaining to do.......

Old 02-04-2009, 03:28 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
It won't be long before someone that knows who the doctor is or the clinic involved comes out and speaks. Of course for some serious $$$$$ to some tabloid. You can bet in the backs of a few minds at the clinic it was done at there are some people thinking of how much money they can get off of ratting out the doctor.

Here is the thing............. I HATE that the babies and kids will be the one to suffer because of the lack of common sense on this whacko nutjobs antics. No, the babies should not be without diapers, formula, baby food, etc. Yet I don't want these companies that are probably already struggling to keep costs down and keep employees on the job should be the ones to SUPPORT HER LAME BRAINED DECISIONS!!! She is COUNTING on handouts and she KNEW it from the start. So I do hope it backfires on her.

Hmm, I'm thinking we can all send at least a dozen CLOTH DIAPERS to her so she can wash them out and not pollute the landfills anymore w/ diapers that don't break down. I'm sure she would LOVE to show how wonderful of a mother she is by using ONLY CLOTH DIAPERS and washing them out all of the time.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM

517 posts, read 1,964,593 times
Before I read some of the most recent responses, my first reaction was.... what doctor would do this? One would think that her physician would be knowledgeable about her family situation and advise her against doing this at this time... or at least have her meet with a social worker before moving forward. Shouldn't there be some kind of screening process?

Now for the political angle (warning.... here comes the can of worms) - do you think Joe the plumber will be happy that his tax dollars are going to be redistributed here.... so a mother without a job who is apparently "obsessed with having children" (per the news report) can keep having more?

Very frustrating - and sad for those innocent little babies.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:26 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,067,533 times
The babies are innocent, nobody is disputing that.

Be that as it may, I'm wondering if the mother and the fertility doctor (she worked in a fertility clinic) got their heads together and thought they could make a bundle by creating this situation.

Obviously, no matter how obsessed she is about having kids, she has no husband or visable means of support, so the only sensible thought is that she did it INTENDING to get a TV show, or book deal and LOTS of free help from donations and the community.

I, for one, resent this assumption that the general public, taxpaying citizens in this economic nightmare, will pitch in to support her selfishness. If I wanted to support babies, we would have more of our own. People can't stay in their homes because of economic hardship, yet this woman, with no job and no husband, has 14 kids under 8 years old. INTENTIONALLY, knowing she can't take care of even the hospital bills, let alone supporting 14 kids.

SHE COULDN'T EVEN SUPPORT THE FIRST 6, so she has 8 more???????????????? The only obvious reason is to milk (no pun intended) the system and make millions from the media.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 AM

151 posts, read 272,384 times
Being innocent is'nt all the babies are. My mother thinks they may be disabled as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy