Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:03 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
WOW ! All these loving words , all this concern for the wellfare of these kids . Whether or not you agree with what she has done, as i have stated in other post the many post that are being put here directed at her will never reach her. So why not get her address and mail her a card stating you concerns??!! but at the same time put a Dollar in the card for the kids . see you all state how bad off the kids will be , well now you have a chance to turn that worry around. your worried that the wellfare department will use your tax dollars well maybe not only your dollar will decide the differance . You give to the homeless don't you ? Well these kids by your comments might be homeless in a little while ? Right or wrong in regards to the mom . The kids have done nothing wrong ! And as far as CPS getting involved ,check out some of the problems with CPS and also check out what it will cost the same taxpayers if CPS get to manage the kids, you will be surprised . CPS is not the answer ,trust me . Do the math , Support payment to the foster parents for 18 years x 8 = $$$,$$$,$$$.$$ Which is cheeper?
PUT A DOLLAR IN A CARD. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????????? That's EXACTLY what she's counting on. The citizens of this country to support her and her litter of kids so she can have more plastic surgery and more kids. NO WAY IN H** WILL I SUPPORT HER AND HER IGNORANCE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:11 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
CPS should definitely be involved but not necessarily to take the children into their custody. In most areas, CPS does a lot more than take children away. They monitor home's for safety, provide parenting education, help families budget their money and identify other community resources.

As strange as this mother is, it makes sense to provide her with some financial and community support so that these kids can remain in one home rather than entering the revolving doors of the foster care world.

This lady has serious issues and these high-risk babies are at even higher risk than the typical premies. Premature babies are victims of child abuse much more frequently than term babies because they are often more difficult to care for and often born into homes with other social stressors. CPS should be closely involved to monitor this tragic situation and do what they can to prevent a disaster.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:41 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Do you really think with all the publicity that any doctor or medical personal would touch her? She is finished with respect to that issue >
I was halfway joking, but halfway serious. If she's serious enough about it, she'll find one who will. If there was one who would implant 8 at one time (especially given her circumstances), there'd be one who'd do it again or who'd do more plastic surgery. And we know she wants it bad enough.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-10-2009 at 07:11 AM..

Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,952 times
1. Has she even really had plastic surgery?
2. Should PS take the children of anyone out there that is on food stamps or government assistance?
3. With IVF, how many eggs are fertilized typically? I know that they only typically implant 1-2? For the pro-lifers out there, that could be a huge moral dilemma. If eight eggs are in fact fertilized, and if that is typical for IVF, then why shouldn't she have all eight implanted? Any less would be a form of abortion. Now if it is not typical to fertilize that many, then yes the doctor should be brought up on ethics charges.

Now I am not defending her but trying to get all the facts before I make my own personal judgement call. She shouldn't be condemned because she happens to look a little like Angelina Jolie. She shouldn't be condemned if it is typical to fertilize that many eggs to begin with. Now if she did in fact have plastic surgery and can't afford to pay for her own children that is one thing. But I haven't read anything factual about that.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:38 AM

831 posts, read 2,438,240 times
[quote=jenn02674;7403132]
3. With IVF, how many eggs are fertilized typically?

I can speak from my own experience. When you take all the drugs your body produces eggs. When they reach a certain size the doctor removes them. The number varies from patient to patient. The next procedure is to fertilize the egg. I ended up with 13 embroys. 6 were implanted in me and only 1 took. I froze the remaining ones which is what I think this woman did. I read another thread that there are now restriction on how many you can implant and the age of the patient is one of the factors. I don't think the doctor in this situation followed all the rules. In my case I don't think these rules were in place when I had the procedure done.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:50 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
Now it has come out that she recieves over 400.00 a month in food stamps. Although in her BIG interview she says she doesn't get welfare. Three of her kids get SSI. Now from someone who has used food stamps you have to report income, student loans and bank accounts. How is that she had the money 9 months ago to spend on getting pregnant again yet can't afford food. Between this story and the Caylee Anthony story who I know I shouldn't watch as they start the coverage of her memorial service at 10:00 but I know I will because this child is such a loss. These 8 babies need to be taking away and they need to look into this Mom. Until I heard the GRandma speak about her daughter I had thought they couldn't do anything. But now that I think the Mom had money and didn't use it for her 6 kids she is showing neglect.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
I haven't seen any additional posts from the poster who said this woman has a RIGHT to "her lifestyle." That literally made me MAD to read that. I wonder if he/she will be returning to the thread...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:40 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,812 times
She's receiving food stamps and SSI for 3 of her children allready. You know the 8 babies will have disabilities and will go on SSI. You think she does not know that monies she's receiving from the gov't is not welfare. She cannot take care of the first 6. Someone needs to step up and take control of the other 8. She doesn't even have adequate housing for them. Where is she going to put 8 more cribs in that house? I wish NBC would not even air the Dateline show tonight. Anne Curry is mortified that she got on TV and lied like she did.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:41 AM

831 posts, read 2,438,240 times
She is suppose to be on Dateline (I think tonight) I know I am going to be screaming at the television. I already saw one clip where she stated she is going to depend on volunteers and her family. After seeing the poor grandmothers interview I think she can count her out. I sincerely hope that people don't send her the $1.00 in an envelope as suggested your only going to enable her. She needs to step up to the plate and take responsibiities for her actions instead of taking the easy route. If CPS steps in maybe it will scare the sh** out of her.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:04 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I was halfway joking, but halfway serious. If she's serious enough about it, she'll find one who will. If there was one who would implant 8 at one time (especially given her circumstances), there'd be one who'd do it again or who'd do more plastic surgery. And we know she wants it bad enough.
You see thats where instead of going after the mother we should be going after "OUR" government officials, the offices that license those doctor needs to put the hammer down on the doctor. don't you think that the doctor that implanted the 8 did it for the publicity. Just think of (maybe even a nut case )to attempt this . But think no matter how much she wanted these kids could she have done this on her own?? You know the answer! Put the blame where it belongs. and then push for a court ordered guardien to "CONTROL the financial decissions for the familly . That means EVERYTHING, nothing get spent with out approval of this person. Same as a court appointed CEO of a bank going under , it our government they can do anything !

Last edited by Fighter 1; 02-10-2009 at 09:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy