Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 AM

7 posts, read 255,905 times

Advertisements

Im not sure if Im posting this in the right place but I didn't see a forum for TTC, or pregnancy... but any wahy OK so I have sex with my fiance on the 9th (Monday), I hadn't check my cervix until that day, after sex, It was high, def open, very soft and wet....I've been checking it since and it had not dropped at all, it closed, kind of tilted toward my stomach instead of facing down (like it was on Monday), and was not as soft as before, but still kind of soft.. We again had sex on (Tuesday) the 17th.. My cervix is now (today) so high I can only touch the tip of it and it is very soft. I tested like 10 mins ago with a big fat negative (dollar store), I tested last Monday the 16th, (i used cvs brand) and there was a line but you couldn't see it till it was held up to the light, and it was soooooo faint (and kind of Grey instead of blue) that it makes me believe it was a evaporation line... and i read it as a big fat negative. Now after taking the test with my cervix so high, and has not dropped at all and I do not have my period?? I'm confused... I get my period every month, not always on time, sometimes one, two weeks late, so I don't consider my period late yet. (i did however go three months with out getting it two years ago) Is it possible that I got pregnant on the 17th and the results wont show yet? or am I not? ugh i have a million questions, I don't feel pregnant, so I'm not trying to get my hopes up only to have them crushed later.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
Counting on cervical position alone is an iffy proposition if you're not very regular... get a basal body thermometer and start charting your temperatures. Check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility, by Toni Weschler, for more information. When was your last period?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
...wow. I must have zoned out during this part of Family Life class... not to go off on a tangent but Cervixes MOVE?! :O

Old 03-20-2009, 11:35 AM

Yes, they go from soft, high, open, and wet during your fertile phase, to low, firm, closed and dry after ovulation, when you are non-fertile.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 AM

756 posts, read 2,219,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3utterflikizzez View Post
Im not sure if Im posting this in the right place but I didn't see a forum for TTC, or pregnancy... but any wahy OK so I have sex with my fiance on the 9th (Monday), I hadn't check my cervix until that day, after sex, It was high, def open, very soft and wet....I've been checking it since and it had not dropped at all, it closed, kind of tilted toward my stomach instead of facing down (like it was on Monday), and was not as soft as before, but still kind of soft.. We again had sex on (Tuesday) the 17th.. My cervix is now (today) so high I can only touch the tip of it and it is very soft. I tested like 10 mins ago with a big fat negative (dollar store), I tested last Monday the 16th, (i used cvs brand) and there was a line but you couldn't see it till it was held up to the light, and it was soooooo faint (and kind of Grey instead of blue) that it makes me believe it was a evaporation line... and i read it as a big fat negative. Now after taking the test with my cervix so high, and has not dropped at all and I do not have my period?? I'm confused... I get my period every month, not always on time, sometimes one, two weeks late, so I don't consider my period late yet. (i did however go three months with out getting it two years ago) Is it possible that I got pregnant on the 17th and the results wont show yet? or am I not? ugh i have a million questions, I don't feel pregnant, so I'm not trying to get my hopes up only to have them crushed later.
If you really need to know immediately, call your doctor and ask if he can do a pregnancy blood test. They are 100% accurate. Good luck!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:40 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
...wow. I must have zoned out during this part of Family Life class... not to go off on a tangent but Cervixes MOVE?! :O
I didn't know about that one, either. Most I ever did was take an ovulation predictor test!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:36 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,751,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I didn't know about that one, either. Most I ever did was take an ovulation predictor test!
Same here.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I'm still visualizing someone staring at their cervix all the time. Women have different cycles and each can get pregnant possibly at different times. I would get a good reliable pregnancy test like EPT or something and test right around when your period is due or a few days after. You often do not "feel" pregnant right at the beginning, it is often a few weeks later you begin to feel different.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I'm still visualizing someone staring at their cervix all the time. Women have different cycles and each can get pregnant possibly at different times. I would get a good reliable pregnancy test like EPT or something and test right around when your period is due or a few days after. You often do not "feel" pregnant right at the beginning, it is often a few weeks later you begin to feel different.
You can only get pregnant when you are fertile: that is, three to five days before your ovary releases an egg, and up to 24 hours afterwards. Before that, the sperm will die before the egg pops out. After that, the egg is dead and gone. If you know where you are in your cycle (clues are basal body temperature, cervical fluid, and cervical position), you can prevent or achieve pregnancy.

And unless you have a speculum and use it with a hand mirror (or are VERY flexible!), you can't see your cervix. You can feel, it, though.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:20 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I have 4 children and have had 7 pregnancies, a bursted tubal pregnancy, 3 miscarriages, 1 c-section and 2 births with no drugs, I think I know about pregnancy and how to get pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy