Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 AM

56 posts, read 188,691 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone.

Plenty of good suggestions. One concern is the "half-way" houses. Sure would hate to purchase a home and find out that a half-way house is next door. How does one find out if a half-way house is in the neighborhood?

Also, what is the "Tri-City" area? Is this Prescott, Prescott Valley and another city?????????? Not sure what this means. Can someone tell me?

Thank you to everyone......This weather in the U.P. is driving us nuts!! We got a blizzard on Easter and we had a blizzard again yesterday. So sick of snow.....we need to move.....help!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 10:57 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,923,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectwanda1 View Post
Also, what is the "Tri-City" area? Is this Prescott, Prescott Valley and another city?????????? Not sure what this means. Can someone tell me?
The 'tri' cities are: Prescott, Prescott Valley, and Chino Valley. You will also hear 'quad' cities, which are the tri-cities plus Dewey-Humboldt, aka Dewey. Dewey and Humboldt were quasi-cities (not formally incorporated) up until 2006. They incorporated because Prescott Valley was annexing the Hwy 69 corridor through the area. Dewey and Humboldt did not want to lose that revenue corridor, and they did not want to be taken over by Prescott Valley. Once they incorporated, they made a big to-do about being included in the 'cities', so it became the 'quad-cities', although many people still refer to the area as the 'tri-cities'.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM

106 posts, read 159,311 times
What you want to avoid the most are unethical real estate agents, which is an oxymoron. The market here is not on fire. I would get another agent, just on the basis of that comment.

Unethical real estate agents can ruin your life.They will say and do anything to get a sale. Never believe a word they say, do your own homework, and remember the rule of home buying. Make a list of what you want, and stick to the list. Also, do your own research, demand comps, knock on doors and talk to the neighbors.

There are great deals to be found here, but that doesn't mean that the market is on fire. Actually, if it was on fire, that would not be good for buyers anyway. That realtor is getting you ready to pay more than you should.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West2South View Post
What you want to avoid the most are unethical real estate agents
Agreed. Here is some suggested reading to that end...
Prescott E-News - Who to Work with When buying a Home

Prescott E-News - What to Ask Before You Buy a House

Old 04-04-2013, 01:15 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,219,879 times
Brian, excellent articles. Wow, thank you for sharing, such pertinent information. I heard this scenario before from a agent, "HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO OFFER?". Makes sense one doesn't know how much to offer for a house if they don't know the comps.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,866,832 times
Brian,
I, also, want to compliment you on those. You are THE MAN !!! Thanks!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM

551 posts, read 1,591,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West2South View Post
What you want to avoid the most are unethical real estate agents, which is an oxymoron. The market here is not on fire. I would get another agent, just on the basis of that comment.

Unethical real estate agents can ruin your life.They will say and do anything to get a sale. Never believe a word they say, do your own homework, and remember the rule of home buying. Make a list of what you want, and stick to the list. Also, do your own research, demand comps, knock on doors and talk to the neighbors.

There are great deals to be found here, but that doesn't mean that the market is on fire. Actually, if it was on fire, that would not be good for buyers anyway. That realtor is getting you ready to pay more than you should.
My vote would be for Brian as he's always provided great board information. If, and when, we move I'll probably give him a call.

I hope this doesn't cause Brian problems, but this is an honest opinion he did not ask for.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:59 PM

Thanks everyone! Even if people use another agent, we at least want them to make an informed choice. No single agent is the right choice for everyone. I just hate to see buyers or sellers taken advantage of, or for buyer or sellers to receive poor service, or worse - incompetent service.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 PM

56 posts, read 188,691 times
Very interesting.

Brian.....just curious....IS the market "on Fire"????? Read both of your articles and we learned alot. Thank you. Now, for a personal opinion from someone who is a professional....Is the market "on fire"?

Also, how would I know which houses are half-way houses?

One more question (we are dumber than a box of rocks and need help) is EVERYONE paying CASH for these homes?

Thanks for your help Everybody!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:07 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,541,444 times
Shop carefully for agents in Prescott. I dealt with a dozen, and only one was professional. Well, two, if you count one in Yarnell. The rest were amazing in their laziness and ineptitude.

No reflections of Brian, here. He wasn't the listing agent on any of the properties we considered. Just sayin' that you often gotta kiss a few frogs to get a prince.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott