Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 05:31 PM

185 posts, read 275,793 times

Advertisements

Since moving here..... I thought it would be a nice time to sell a bunch of stuff.
I've used Craigslist, Facebook and other local venues for trying to sell smaller things like tires, a motorcycle seat and even some furniture.
For the bigger items like a 2017 5th wheel, I've used Rv trader, Craigslist and Facebook.

I'm finding out...after a month, nothing sells here.

Back in Oregon, I would use craigslist all the time and things would go with in a few days.
What am I missing?
Is there a special way of selling things here or maybe posting them in a secret Buy/Sell/Trade group?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 06:16 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,636,014 times
There is a local flea market called Peddler's Pass. It's off Hwy 69 and N Prescott East Hwy. You might have luck selling some of your stuff there for a quick buck. It's directly behind the Prescott Valley Nursery, take E 1st St. to the parking lot, opens at 6am until 3pm.

6195 AZ-69, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

Old 05-20-2017, 06:36 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,258,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
There is a local flea market called Peddler's Pass. It's off Hwy 69 and N Prescott East Hwy. You might have luck selling some of your stuff there for a quick buck. It's directly behind the Prescott Valley Nursery, take E 1st St. to the parking lot, opens at 6am until 3pm.

I'm guessing that it's open everyday since you didn't mention only on weekends?

Old 05-20-2017, 08:46 PM

111 posts, read 102,708 times
What are you missing?

You are now in a predominantly retirement community. Retirees tend to not spend extra money.

The younger people do not have much disposable income.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:51 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,636,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
I'm guessing that it's open everyday since you didn't mention only on weekends?
Thursday through Sunday. 10am to 3pm on Thursday, the other days are 6am to 3pm. I think it's better if it stated open until 5pm on Saturdays.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:23 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,258,342 times
Quote:
Thursday through Sunday. 10am to 3pm on Thursday, the other days are 6am to 3pm. I think it's better if it stated open until 5pm on Saturdays.
Are there more people selling on a particular day? For instance, here in PA, we have a flea market that is open on Saturday and Sunday, but Sunday is definitely the better day to go. Thanks much Hschlick84.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:44 PM

250 posts, read 1,119,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking.Bigfoot View Post
Since moving here..... I thought it would be a nice time to sell a bunch of stuff.
I've used Craigslist, Facebook and other local venues for trying to sell smaller things like tires, a motorcycle seat and even some furniture.
For the bigger items like a 2017 5th wheel, I've used Rv trader, Craigslist and Facebook.

I'm finding out...after a month, nothing sells here.

Back in Oregon, I would use craigslist all the time and things would go with in a few days.
What am I missing?
Is there a special way of selling things here or maybe posting them in a secret Buy/Sell/Trade group?
Selling something that it going to be make, model and year specific, like a motorcycle seat, is going to be hard to do in such a small community. How many people that happen to have the bike that seat is made for actually looking for one in the tri-city area? Not many, I assure you. Used tires, only if the price is right. Used furniture, only if it isn't too dated, soiled and riddled with bed bugs. Basically, you're dealing with a limited market here. As for the 5th wheel, I'm guessing that you're asking $40k-$50k and have a lien on it, that would be a hard private party sale in the Valley, let alone here. Try an worldwide online auction website for more exposure.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:

ok..thanks. Never been to a flea market.....but hey...I'm up for something new.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'wet View Post
What are you missing?

You are now in a predominantly retirement community. Retirees tend to not spend extra money.

The younger people do not have much disposable income.
Thanks for the reminder.....

Old 05-21-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
Selling something that it going to be make, model and year specific, like a motorcycle seat, is going to be hard to do in such a small community. How many people that happen to have the bike that seat is made for actually looking for one in the tri-city area? Not many, I assure you. Used tires, only if the price is right. Used furniture, only if it isn't too dated, soiled and riddled with bed bugs. Basically, you're dealing with a limited market here. As for the 5th wheel, I'm guessing that you're asking $40k-$50k and have a lien on it, that would be a hard private party sale in the Valley, let alone here. Try an worldwide online auction website for more exposure.

Hmm....So maybe I should post in the Phoenix area? I have great furniture. Just wooden things like bunk bed and dressers and tables. No bed bugs here.

As for the 5th wheel...your right!! The only detail you forgot is that my 5th wheel has 2 bathrooms.
We did list on RV trader. Maybe I should do E-bay next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott