Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 07:01 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,645,471 times

Advertisements

Mayor Palguta announced the official location for food trucks of PV, Frontage Rd. south of Hwy 69 between Lumber Liquidators and Ocean Blue Car Wash. Hours are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, probably 11pm to early afternoon. This will open the door for new start ups and entrepreneurs who want to get their foot in the door for restaurant businesses. Maybe this will spur a new Vietnamese food truck and other foreign cuisines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 01:02 PM
Status: "When I am not here I am at the gun range or gardening." (set 11 minutes ago)

1,140 posts, read 592,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
I'm hoping that some entrepreneurial restuaranteur sees this and considers opening a restaurant in our area. I'm not talking about a Pho shop, or just adding a Banhmi sandwich to a menu, but real Indo-French cuisine.

We've got about 8 Thai places in the area, and they all seem to be surviving just fine, so there should be plenty of room for a new category of restaurant.

I'm jonesing for vermicelli noodles and egg rolls.
It might happen.

I was having a conversation with an old govt work buddy yesterday, who plans to retire in Arizona. He did an Army stint at Fort Huachuca and was looking at buying a home in Sierra Vista, but has now turned his attention to Prescott as a retirement destination.

His retirement plan? Open a small Vietnamese restaurant with his Vietnamese wife. He is retiring from an assignment in Hanoi. He was asking me about my thoughts on feasibility for a place like that, and I remembered this thread.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:10 AM

558 posts, read 975,581 times
That's cool. I remember Sierra Vista being loaded with Korean restaurants.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:50 AM

6,118 posts, read 2,744,269 times
If you like Vietnamese food Pho Thanh in Phoenix is the best in town have not been able to find a better pho/Vietnamise restaurant.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:53 AM

1,812 posts, read 905,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
I'm hoping that some entrepreneurial restuaranteur sees this and considers opening a restaurant in our area. I'm not talking about a Pho shop, or just adding a Banhmi sandwich to a menu, but real Indo-French cuisine.

We've got about 8 Thai places in the area, and they all seem to be surviving just fine, so there should be plenty of room for a new category of restaurant.

I'm jonesing for vermicelli noodles and egg rolls.
Open one. Get some recipes off of the internet and hire some illegal aliens to cook it up and serve it. You’ll make millions!

Old 09-13-2023, 01:35 PM

3,246 posts, read 1,697,835 times
Here's a problem with adding any ethnic restaurant to random cities across America. Unless they overcharge for ethnic dishes. Who are the regular patrons? The reason ethnic restaurants exist in diverse neighborhoods because they have regular patrons. Can't open an ethnic eats where they only get a lot of customers only on holidays and not regularly.

Old 09-13-2023, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Here's a problem with adding any ethnic restaurant to random cities across America. Unless they overcharge for ethnic dishes. Who are the regular patrons? The reason ethnic restaurants exist in diverse neighborhoods because they have regular patrons. Can't open an ethnic eats where they only get a lot of customers only on holidays and not regularly.
That's kind of a weak argument.

The same can be said, the 8 Thai restaurants here get their regular patrons and seem to do fine. Vietnamese cuisine albeit a bit different from Thai, won't alienate the people here as they could get some overlapping customers. We're not a 'random' city in AZ, we're pretty much a satellite to Phx metro. Now if it were a smallish town in Iowa or Nebraska, that's a bit harder to establish itself.

Old 09-14-2023, 01:53 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,365,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Another reason why Arizona isn't one of the top 10 states for most fittest.
I don't understand how that could be with all the hiking trails, bike friendly environments, beautiful weather practically year round and some of the most spectacular landscape in the entire country? You're just compelled to want to be outdoors. At least we are as are a lot of people in our neighborhood.

Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I don't understand how that could be with all the hiking trails, bike friendly environments, beautiful weather practically year round and some of the most spectacular landscape in the entire country? You're just compelled to want to be outdoors. At least we are as are a lot of people in our neighborhood.
My guess is the population factory of Maricopa county is not as much an outdoor mecca compared to northern Arizona. Hot weather 7-8 months out of the year, most people want to be indoors. It skews the results from top 5 fittest states to near average of the 50 states. We are ranked #21. Our neighbor Colorado to the northeast is #1, Utah is #4. Another factor is the abundance of fast food, Mexican and chain restaurants. Some Arizonans don't have a healthy diet.

https://www.garagegymreviews.com/fittest-states

Old Today, 09:28 AM
Status: "When I am not here I am at the gun range or gardening." (set 11 minutes ago)

1,140 posts, read 592,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
My guess is the population factory of Maricopa county is not as much an outdoor mecca compared to northern Arizona. Hot weather 7-8 months out of the year, most people want to be indoors. It skews the results from top 5 fittest states to near average of the 50 states. We are ranked #21. Our neighbor Colorado to the northeast is #1, Utah is #4. Another factor is the abundance of fast food, Mexican and chain restaurants. Some Arizonans don't have a healthy diet.

https://www.garagegymreviews.com/fittest-states
Way too many Americans have garbage diets for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott