Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times

Advertisements

I'm not a Redskin fan (no dislike for them in any way), but I thought this was cool.

Quote:
After practice one day this week, Chris Cooley recruited a young fan to hide in Donovan McNabb's(notes) locker and pop out when the new Redskins quarterback returned.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-260793
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 PM

910 posts, read 2,984,318 times
Donovan Mcnabb has always been cool and friendly to his young fans, he loves them. That is why I am a Donovan Mcnabb fan myself, whether he throws a jaw dropping interception or plays too conservatly, I can never stay mad at him. Plus, he gives the Cowboys a division loss nearly every season.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:17 PM

7 posts, read 11,862 times
My favorite McNabb moment was in the waining minutes of the Super Bowl, with his team down . . . he was literally CHOKING on the field.

The guy has always come up small in the games biggest moments. See 4 NFC title game losses.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midswat View Post
My favorite McNabb moment was in the waining minutes of the Super Bowl, with his team down . . . he was literally CHOKING on the field.

The guy has always come up small in the games biggest moments. See 4 NFC title game losses.
Not saying he was great in all of them but 2001 the Rams were heavily favored and the defense folded, 2003 he was hurt, and 2008 he played his ass off and the defense choked.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:22 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Not saying he was great in all of them but 2001 the Rams were heavily favored and the defense folded, 2003 he was hurt, and 2008 he played his ass off and the defense choked.

I think Donovan gets a little bit of bad wrap. He is still in my mind the best QB in the history of the Birds. I am comfortable with the decision in Philly to move in a new direction and do wish #5 luck and success, well except at least two games a year.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I think Donovan gets a little bit of bad wrap. He is still in my mind the best QB in the history of the Birds. I am comfortable with the decision in Philly to move in a new direction and do wish #5 luck and success, well except at least two games a year.
My sentiments exactly. All the other Eagle "fans" whining about McNabb and his shortcomings obviously never played football and weren't Eagle fans to begin with.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:21 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
I don't like the Eagles or Redskins but I've always admired McNabb for the way he carries himself and this is another example. Philly really did him wrong his whole tenure there. To the UNGRATEFUL side of the Eagles fanbase have fun at 6-10.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 AM

7 posts, read 11,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I don't like the Eagles or Redskins but I've always admired McNabb for the way he carries himself and this is another example. Philly really did him wrong his whole tenure there. To the UNGRATEFUL side of the Eagles fanbase have fun at 6-10.
McNabb always taking the high-road is an act.

The Eagles on more than one occassion had to give him a "financial apology" when he's felt slighted.

And don't you find it just a little odd that none of the Eagles has spoken out about him no longer being on the team?

Usually when a long tenured veteran is cut or traded, several of his teammates come out and make statements one way or another showing support for the player.

Not a single Eagle came out and expressed disbelief, shock, sorrow, or otherwise for McNabb leaving.

Hmmm . . .

Old 08-11-2010, 07:29 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

Ouch, I think the story was overplayed in the media, Yes there are and always were Donovan detractors, and honestly he had many frustrating moments. I believe the vast majority of Eagles fans wish him well, seriously. I also believe most are confortable with the new direction. But lets see what Cobb does, it could get vocal pretty quickly if there is a poor start without any signs of hope from our new QB. The one thing I will say is most people close to the Eagles (including players) have been pretty adamit that this was the correct decision and trust me I am not drinking the Koolaide.

I think Donovan is a pretty standup guy. However I am not sure he expressed the leadership of his talent. All this said, I still believe he was the best QB in the franchise history.

Last edited by kidphilly; 08-11-2010 at 07:39 AM..

Old 08-11-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midswat View Post
McNabb always taking the high-road is an act.

The Eagles on more than one occassion had to give him a "financial apology" when he's felt slighted.

And don't you find it just a little odd that none of the Eagles has spoken out about him no longer being on the team?

Usually when a long tenured veteran is cut or traded, several of his teammates come out and make statements one way or another showing support for the player.

Not a single Eagle came out and expressed disbelief, shock, sorrow, or otherwise for McNabb leaving.

Hmmm . . .
I can guarantee a few have spoken to Reid and the FO in private. But for the most part Reid doesn't employ crybabies; most of his players know that in the professional world it's management's way or the highway.

As a coach I know if any player speaks out against me they're either cut, run extra bleachers, or have to spend a week as the scout team running back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football