Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Peyton Manning 31 65.96%
Michael Vick 16 34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM

88 posts, read 243,514 times

Advertisements

*laughs*

I dont think Manning does that . . . . EVERY WEEK.

Last edited by RonnyR; 11-15-2010 at 06:54 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM

88 posts, read 243,514 times
Few minutes later and Vick scores again. LOL!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:28 PM

26,238 posts, read 49,123,150 times
And a few minutes later, just 9 seconds into the second quarter, another score, 35-0 Eagles over Redskins.

At this point in the game, Vick's QB Rating is 158.3 versus MacNabb's 2.8
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:47 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,808,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Not trying to take away from Michael Vick, but Peyton Manning is one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. Vick is really good (this year), but of course Manning is better.
I think the question was "Who is the better QB right now" and the only answer that is grounded in reality, without emotional reaction and without nostalgia is "Michael Vick".

It is beyond dispute that Manning belongs in any conversation about "Best QB ever" and I personally think he's at least top two of all-time. I don't think anyone has ever had his combination of leadership ability, physical talent, skill and understanding of the game. Michael Vick belongs in the conversation about best athlete ever, but not best QB ever. All that said, if you're picking horses today, you're wrong if you aren't picking Vick.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:53 PM

550 posts, read 1,357,116 times
Vick is the better fantasy player lol. He did impress me yesterday but Manning is the general on the field and pretty much the offensive coordinator for his team.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,808,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
Vick is the better fantasy player lol. He did impress me yesterday but Manning is the general on the field and pretty much the offensive coordinator for his team.
Actually...

I think the question was "Who is the better *FANTASY* QB right now" and the only answer that is grounded in reality, without emotional reaction and without nostalgia is "Michael Vick".

It is beyond dispute that Manning belongs in any conversation about "Best *FANTASY* QB ever" and I personally think he's at least top two of all-time. I don't think anyone has ever had his combination of leadership ability, physical talent, skill and understanding of the game. Michael Vick belongs in the conversation about best athlete ever, but not best *FANTASY* QB ever. All that said, if you're picking horses today, you're wrong if you aren't picking Vick
*FOR FANTASY*.

...The argument still holds.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:06 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Honestly, I still give the edge to Manning. He and paper clips are the only thing holding that team in competition.

As a native of Vick's home area (Hampton/Newport News, VA) I'm happy to see him flourish. I would not be shocked to see the Eagles in the NFC Championship if he stays healthy.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,725,067 times
Last night there was nobody better than Vick

Old 11-16-2010, 05:19 PM

33 posts, read 132,098 times
Vick has matured on and off the feild. If Vick is genuine about learning from his mistakes and I think he is, he will only get better. Manning has been more of a balanced person in the past than Vick but if Vick continues the path he is on than it will be obvious to all that he has surpassed Manning as a QB.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,724,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
The following QBs, in my mind, are also ahead of Vick right now, somewhat in order:

1) Drew Brees- perhaps somewhat a product of the system, but there is no denying accuracy, the ability to elevate 3rd and 4th receivers into primary roles.

2) Phillip Rivers- like P.Manning, is getting 300 yard games minus his main WRs. No Vincent Jackson, he had a third string receiver start last week, and still threw 2 TDs to him.

3) Tom Brady- other than Wes Welker, he has an entire new cast of WRs from just one year ago, and is still north of 65% completion.

4) Aaron Rodgers- Is like Vick in that he can make plays with his legs, but is more accurate. Also dealing with injuries: no Ryan Grant, Jermichael Finley or Donald Driver at present.

5) Tony Romo- Maybe a controversial choice, but when healthy, continuously puts up numbers.

6) Matt Schaub- same as Romo, though has tailed off some in recent weeks, as Kubiak is going more with a ground approach.

7) Ben Roethlisberger- 2 SB rings, though he didn't win them by himself, last season really came into prominence, as the offense was more centered around him.

8) Eli Manning- Perhaps a bias pick from a Giants fan, but at this stage, he's just better. Is better reading defenses and checking down to third receivers, and has improved his accuracy over the past 2 seasons.

Arguably:

9) Matt Ryan- Has improved steadily since his rookie campaign and if I were a GM right now, I'd be slightly more inclined to take him.

On his best day, right now I'd put Vick around #9 or #10 in the league. There are some second tier guys that play better than Vick some weeks, worse in others. Amongst those are Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, and Joe Flacco.
Vick is 30 years old, there are some youngsters that are going to emerge in the next season and possibly outplay Vick. I see Josh Freeman and Sam Bradford as two that come to mind right away, and possibly Matt Stafford, if he can somehow sustain health. Ryan Fitzpatrick is an unknown quantity still, but if he puts up numbers for another half season the way he is now, he'll have to be considered in the conversation as well.
Matt Schaub is not better than Vick. You must be kidding.

You forget that when Vick was the starting QB, Matt Schaub was on the bench in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football