Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:01 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,103,176 times

Advertisements

there are a lot of interestng matchups this week partly because

for the 1st time in NFL history, there are no division games this week (done by design in case the lock out lasted into the season, they could throw away the week, week 4 will be like this too)

so what game(s) are you excited about in week 2

here's mine

a battle of 1st place teams when my Raiders visit Buffalo on Sunday.
hoping for 2-0 but Buffalo's looking tough.

I live here in NC, and I can't wait to see what Cam Newton will do vs the champs
when GB comes here to Charlotte. I have to assume his #'s will drop dramatically, but nobody saw last week coming.

there's excitement here in Carolina for the 1st time in a few years.

the 2nd best game of the week behind Buf/Oak should be SD at NE,
much like GB vs the Saints last week, there should be tons of scoring here

others I like, Philly/Atlanta, Chicago/New Orleans, Chiefs/Lions

whats catching your eye this week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:14 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
there are a lot of interestng matchups this week partly because

for the 1st time in NFL history, there are no division games this week (done by design in case the lock out lasted into the season, they could throw away the week, week 4 will be like this too)

so what game(s) are you excited about in week 2

here's mine

a battle of 1st place teams when my Raiders visit Buffalo on Sunday.
hoping for 2-0 but Buffalo's looking tough.

I live here in NC, and I can't wait to see what Cam Newton will do vs the champs
when GB comes here to Charlotte. I have to assume his #'s will drop dramatically, but nobody saw last week coming.

there's excitement here in Carolina for the 1st time in a few years.

the 2nd best game of the week behind Buf/Oak should be SD at NE,
much like GB vs the Saints last week, there should be tons of scoring here

others I like, Philly/Atlanta, Chicago/New Orleans, Chiefs/Lions

whats catching your eye this week?
As a Bills fan, I am very excited about this Sunday's matchup with Oakland. It should be a great game.

I'm also curious if (and how) K.C., N.O., Dallas, Denver, Atlanta, and the G-men will rebound from their Week 1 losses.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:15 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Pack/Panthers, of course! Eagles/Falcons, I'm looking for Falcons to be 0-2. I don't think Falcons are improved that much from last year, unless they make major adjustments.

I think Saints may have a tough time with the Bears (depends on Urlacher) Bears are underrated and the Lions should beat the Chiefs. I'm always keeping up with Bears and Lions.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I think Saints may have a tough time with the Bears (depends on Urlacher).
I doubt Urlacher will be there to play, and if he is, I strongly doubt his head will be in the game. He's a smart guy. Family comes before football. It's not like he's gonna lose his starting job if he takes a few weeks off to settle personal matters.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 PM

Urlacher is back at Halas Hall, does intend to play on Sunday. It still could change but I look for him to try and be in that game. Teams always have back-up plans though.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,491,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I doubt Urlacher will be there to play, and if he is, I strongly doubt his head will be in the game. He's a smart guy. Family comes before football. It's not like he's gonna lose his starting job if he takes a few weeks off to settle personal matters.
Local radio is reporting he is a go for Sunday

Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
I'm excited for GB and Carolina. I (homer instinct) think this will be a closer game than most think.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Urlacher is back at Halas Hall, does intend to play on Sunday. It still could change but I look for him to try and be in that game. Teams always have back-up plans though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Local radio is reporting he is a go for Sunday
I wish him the best in these trying times. For sure, it cannot be easy.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 AM

A very tough time for him, his Bear family will rally for him, some will attend the funeral, be in New Orleans for the game. Urlacher can handle it, he is an awesome player, leader on the team, a great guy.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 AM

297 posts, read 401,726 times
Looking forward to the Raiders vs. Bills too of course. I re-watched the first quarter of the Chiefs game last week and despite the fact that we were up 14-0 I cam away feeling a little less impressed as I was when I watched it live. We still punted the ball I think 3 times in that first Quarter and both of our TD drives started in Chiefs territory. One around the 20 off a turnover on the opening kick-off and the other around the 45-50 off of a bad punt by the Chiefs punter. We left ourselves in several 3rd and long attempts in that opening quarter and Fitz was inaccurate on his throws to attempt to convert.

Here are my thoughts on the game this week:

1) Bills need to be able to sustain longer drives in the opening quarter. Can't always rely on great field position.

2) We need to limit the Raiders rushing attack. Raiders might be the best rushing team in the league so I don't expect to shut them down completely. Against the Chiefs I felt like we did a great job against them. Even though they averaged over 5.5 per carry if you wipe out their best run they average less than 4.0 per carry.

3) The intensity in the Raiders vs. Broncos game was about an 11 out of a scale of 10. Seriously, it was off the charts IMO. It will not be that high this weekend. Don't get me wrong, the fans at the Ralph will be rowdy, but I am talking about the players on the field. They will not be as chippy. This might lessen the pressure the Raiders D-line puts on Fitz. Also, I felt like Orton and the Broncos were trying to force the ball to Llyod on deeper routes causing him to hold onto the ball too long. Chan is a pretty good OC, I would expect him to use a game plan that gets the ball out of Fitz's hands quickly before the rush can get there anyways.

I like my Bills in this one. Home opener for us and I think the Radiers offense is still too one dimensional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football