Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 AM

286 posts, read 209,994 times

Advertisements

Now that I think about it, it's Tom Brady that has the chip on his shoulder after all the Tebow talk, he was overshadowed, then he destoryed Tebow and still gets overshadowed because now all the talk is about Eli. bad move analysts, you're upsetting a future hall of famer in Tom Brady. I get the feeling NOW that this game won't even be close. Eli is gonna get rattled. No 4th quarter heroics against the Sweater Guy Belichick

Brady Bunch - 40
G-Men - 17

Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Giants D shut down the Packers offense. I don't think the Pat's offense is as dangerous as the Packers.
If the D line get's in Brady's face, our defensive backs will cover, as they have over the last six games.
One the other side of the ball, I like our offense's chances against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.
Giants win....35-27
the difference is the Packers were led by Mike McCarthy

the Pats are led by the Sweater Guy. he dismantled the #1 defense in the league in 2011, the Ravens. He will do the same to the Giants D.

I can see Tom Coflin now, "I know we're better than how we played, I just know it"...lol

game over. Pats win.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,085,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin View Post

Brady Bunch - 40
G-Men - 17

That score has a nice ring to it! Thinking it may be a bit closer than that though.................but I like where your head is at.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
That score has a nice ring to it! Thinking it may be a bit closer than that though.................but I like where your head is at.

And I'm not even a Pats fan, but I know how Belichick and Brady operate. they got that cool calm killer inside and that's not good for opponents.

Notice how Brady blew off the Tebow game like "Ok, I won, next"..lol...
He didn't waste time talking down on Tebow eventhough the analysts put Tebow above him all week.

Brady is a fkn surgeon and Belichick is House...lol

Old 01-26-2012, 11:27 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,336,783 times
Brady can be as angry as he wants to be about the lost perfect season. In the end, though, he has to do it on the field with he and his supporting cast, and the bad news is, the Giants are just better than the Patriots right now. I don't think the Giants are 'head and shoulders above'-better, and it's still a winnable game for New England, but they'll have to play their best game to beat New York.

Brady put up 35-45 points a game against the likes of Philadelphia, Denver, Washington, Miami, and Buffalo. Things changed when they played Baltimore, though, and I think the Giants defense is probably even better than that. It's going to be hard for New England to get past 20 in this one. I think their best bet will be to try and open up the offense with a little razzle dazzle early and often. Strike early. Show the Giants things they won't see on film. Put New York on the defensive. Shock them. If they can do that, I think they've got a chance. But if they're fighting to get to 14 by halftime, they're probably going to lose this game.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Brady can be as angry as he wants to be about the lost perfect season. In the end, though, he has to do it on the field with he and his supporting cast, and the bad news is, the Giants are just better than the Patriots right now. I don't think the Giants are 'head and shoulders above'-better, and it's still a winnable game for New England, but they'll have to play their best game to beat New York.
Wrong. the Analysts said the Pats D was suspect, so what happend to Flacco? Belichick happend, that's what.

This game is about coaching, and the better coach always wins, and in this Superbowl, Belichick is the better coach, hands down.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Wrong. the Analysts said the Pats D was suspect, so what happend to Flacco? Belichick happend, that's what.

This game is about coaching, and the better coach always wins, and in this Superbowl, Belichick is the better coach, hands down.
Yeah, just like how Coughlin was 'out-coached' in 2007. lol!

I agree that the NE defense is improving at just the right time, and I think this is actually the real focal point of the game. If Wilfork and crew can step up and have a big game and really put pressure on Manning, that could be a difference maker.

Problem for New England is that they're not facing Mr. NCAA Tim Tebow or Joe 'can't escape the pocket' Flacco; they're facing Eli. They're also probably facing the best receiving trio in the league. But I do agree that Belichick is a defensive wizard, and it will be interesting to see how he approaches that passing attack of the Giants. If anyone can slow them down, it's the sweatshirt guy.

Another edge that the Pats have is that they played before already. Belichick does well when he sees teams the second time around. He makes the adjustments. It'll be interesting to see what kind of adjustments he makes in the Super Bowl.

In the end, I think the Giants are favored because of their personnel. But if Belichick can out-coach Coughlin, the Pats have a chance.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, just like how Coughlin was 'out-coached' in 2007. lol!
did you see that game? he was outcoached. if Plax didn't make that lucky catch at the end the game was over. It won't be that close this time I promise you.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
did you see that game? he was outcoached. if Plax didn't make that lucky catch at the end the game was over. It won't be that close this time I promise you.
The Patriots offense is as good this year as it was in 2007, but not the defense. That might be the difference this time around. I felt like the two teams were pretty much even in 2007, and that the Giants just happened to play a better second half of football. But this time I think the Giants are clearly a better team overall. Again, they won't blow NE out of the water, but they're better. They have better personnel.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
The Patriots offense is as good this year as it was in 2007, but not the defense. That might be the difference this time around. I felt like the two teams were pretty much even in 2007, and that the Giants just happened to play a better second half of football. But this time I think the Giants are clearly a better team overall. Again, they won't blow NE out of the water, but they're better. They have better personnel.
maybe. but man Belichick is an evil genius on that football field. he'll find a way to neutrilize Eli quick and then it's all Brady after that because Coughlin can't rattle him. no coach can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football