Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times

Advertisements

During the normal span of a game.. the defense NEVER wants to have 12 men on the field. Its a FREE play for the offense. Look at what happened to the Pats when they had 12 on the field. They got a turnover nullified.. you don't want to do that. The fact that it happened near the end of the game and actually helped the Giants defense was just a fluke.. i have never seen that happen so late in a game and can't imagine that the Giants planned it that way.. but now that its been shown to be effective, who knows what happens..

I think the league can better police injuries and using those to help slow the game down or get a free time out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 02:39 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,316 times
I'm surprised at how all these talking heads still can't give Eli and the Giants credit. I've heard so much about how the Patriots lost the game for themselves and how Tom Brady is still God.

ESPN is only good to watch games on in my opinion. The talking heads are just too biased for me.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 AM

220 posts, read 475,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I'm surprised at how all these talking heads still can't give Eli and the Giants credit. I've heard so much about how the Patriots lost the game for themselves and how Tom Brady is still God.

ESPN is only good to watch games on in my opinion. The talking heads are just too biased for me.

what else would they have to talk about. ESPN will spend all week just talking about Tim Tebow. When Robert Griffin III won the 201 Heisman, they barely mentioned until about a week later. It was all about Tebow.

Same thing with Cam winning ROTY, almost no mention. They talked more about Wes Welker being the "greatest" slot guy more than Eli winning the SB.

ESPN sucks to high hell.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 AM

ESPN talks about and focuses their SHOWS on what gets them ratings.. period. Its about $$$. When they talk about the Heisman or the ROY and the ratings were so so.. and they talk about Tebow and Rating JUMP.. so they talk more Tebow and rating climb more so they talk even more Tebow.. Even though you and i are sick to the death of TEBOW talk a large portion of the listening audience is just now tuning in when they talk about Tebow and they would be tuning out when they change the subject..

There are a few shows I watch on ESPN.. like PTI, Around the Horn or Sportnation. Those shows typically talk about HOT topics but not just 1 topic, they spend time on several each day. I don't watch the pre game shows or anything like that. I used to watch Sunday Night show after NFL games but have since moved my allegiance to the nfl network for that stuff.. I think we are bombarded with sports news but we have options. Even ESPN gives us 3 or 4 channels to choose from.

I remember when ESPN was in its infancy and i would watch all the Sportscenter stuff I could get as well as those stupid Australian Rules Football matches.. i couldn't get enough ESPN because It was such a NEW playing field. Now I can watch as much or as little as I want. I love ESPN for that.. but I also know that ESPN is a company out to make money.. so I take it for what its worth.. good and bad.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:15 PM

220 posts, read 475,390 times
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65;22894993[B
]ESPN talks about and focuses their SHOWS on what gets them ratings.. period. Its about $$$.[/b]

Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
Really?
really really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football