Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 08:29 PM

673 posts, read 3,146,213 times

Advertisements

How Very Sad...and what a way to go. I wasnt even born when he played football but my Great Aunt and Uncle had season tickets and always talked about the Lombardi Years.

Former Packers Great Max McGee Dies In Fall
posted 10/21/2007

Max McGee, the free-spirited Green Bay Packers receiver who became part of Super Bowl lore after a night on the town, died when he fell while clearing leaves from the roof of his home. He was 75.

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles

Last edited by Yac; 12-14-2007 at 01:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 03:21 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
McGee will be missed and his life will be celebrated.

I guess he was quite the character and was one tough individual! He was definitely representative of the winning attitude that Lombardi instilled in that era. He is also a representative of the ability to carry that winning attitude as a member of the community and as a family member.

"I wasnt even born when he played football but" - Well I was around back then but a bit too young to remember. I was born pretty much when the NFL (AFL-NFL merger) was born. If you want to know how old I am, look at the Roman numerals on the upcoming Super Bowl.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:16 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
One of the joys of NFL films was the one liners and short stories of Max McGee.But make no mistake- he was one good pass reciever. In his day, he might not have had the drive and work ethic of Raymond Berry, or the pure athletic ability of Lance Alworth but he had solid game. It would have both of these guys to take him out of his position. In SB 1, he made several clutch catches, but he had done that for 13 years previous. RIP,Max.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football