Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 AM

39 posts, read 54,973 times

Advertisements

I can't wait. I haven't been this excited about a season in a while. I could see any team in the East finishing anywhere from first to last. Also excited to see how Brian Waters acquits himself after a year off. Either way he should be a huge upgrade over Mackenzie Bernadumpsterfire.

Well.. except the Eagles. I just can't bring myself to picture them as NFC East champs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 12:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomusic01 View Post
I can't wait. I haven't been this excited about a season in a while. I could see any team in the East finishing anywhere from first to last. Also excited to see how Brian Waters acquits himself after a year off. Either way he should be a huge upgrade over Mackenzie Bernadumpsterfire.

Well.. except the Eagles. I just can't bring myself to picture them as NFC East champs.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I was going to definitely ask you how the eagles would end up as NFC champs if they have the worst QB in the division. But then again since this is a season with little expectations for the eagles, it wouldn't surprise me to see them have a winning season. They will be playing with house money every week until they are eliminated from playoff contention

Old 09-04-2013, 02:54 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
The Eagles defense will probably be bad but their offense could be simply amazing. We will find out soon.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The Eagles defense will probably be bad but their offense could be simply amazing. We will find out soon.

Not sure how their offense can be amazing when they will have the same QB but we will see.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 PM

138 posts, read 164,330 times
LETS GO GIANTS!!!!

Old 09-08-2013, 01:30 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
NFC East
10 wins takes the division imo.

Redskins - Many returning players from last years division winner. Two awesome players will be back. The TE Davis and OLB Orakpo only played a couple games last year. Another year for RG3 to learn the system and the under rated Garcon hopefully will play more than 10 games. Washington was 9-1 with him in the line up last year.

Giants - Eli is the Giants.

below .500

Dallas - Weak run blockers will have Murray earning his yards and getting banged up again. A weak line was helped with the addition of Brian Waters. Starting by week three? The o line is still below average.
The new defense will get hammered. Switching schemes doesn't pan out the first year.
One of two monsters at WRer in the NFC East, is Bryant of Dallas. (Garcon of Washington being the other). Either can dominate.

Eagles - Too many unknowns. New coach. The offensive is made for Vicks running ability who has displayed something I didn't think he had, very good leadership qualities. Will he stay healthy?

Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
NFC East
10 wins takes the division imo.

Redskins - Many returning players from last years division winner. Two awesome players will be back. The TE Davis and OLB Orakpo only played a couple games last year. Another year for RG3 to learn the system and the under rated Garcon hopefully will play more than 10 games. Washington was 9-1 with him in the line up last year.

Giants - Eli is the Giants.

below .500

Dallas - Weak run blockers will have Murray earning his yards and getting banged up again. A weak line was helped with the addition of Brian Waters. Starting by week three? The o line is still below average.
The new defense will get hammered. Switching schemes doesn't pan out the first year.
One of two monsters at WRer in the NFC East, is Bryant of Dallas. (Garcon of Washington being the other). Either can dominate.

Eagles - Too many unknowns. New coach. The offensive is made for Vicks running ability who has displayed something I didn't think he had, very good leadership qualities. Will he stay healthy?

It was a article in the daily news saying that the Eagles fast pace offense will have them going 3 and out in 30 seconds LOL

Old 09-14-2013, 07:48 AM

16 posts, read 11,700 times
1. John_F_S - Hopefully, I'll be able to login soon under my real username.
2. Has anyone changed their minds about the NFC East? Both the Cowboys and Giants looked bad last week. The Redskins were pretty flat in the first half or they were completely outmanned.
3. The Redskins will go 0-2 if they can't beat Green Bay and if they played like last week, they WILL lose.
The Giants will probably go 0-2, assuming that they will lose to Denver.
Hopefully, The Cowboys will lose to Andy Reid.
The Chargers are coming cross country on a short week after their devastating loss. The Eagles SHOULD be 2-0.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrini View Post
1. John_F_S - Hopefully, I'll be able to login soon under my real username.
2. Has anyone changed their minds about the NFC East? Both the Cowboys and Giants looked bad last week. The Redskins were pretty flat in the first half or they were completely outmanned.
3. The Redskins will go 0-2 if they can't beat Green Bay and if they played like last week, they WILL lose.
The Giants will probably go 0-2, assuming that they will lose to Denver.
Hopefully, The Cowboys will lose to Andy Reid.
The Chargers are coming cross country on a short week after their devastating loss. The Eagles SHOULD be 2-0.

Out of the 4 teams in week one,

The giants and eagles look to have the best offense

The skins and cowboys look to have the weak defense

I don't see any team winning in the NFC East this weekend

eagles 1-1
boys-1-1
skins-0-2
giants-0-2

Old 09-15-2013, 05:37 AM

16 posts, read 11,700 times
NFC East Week 2

Chargers @ Eagles
Broncos @ Giants
Redskins @ Packers
Cowboys @ Chiefs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football