Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

...according to some exhaustive study (probably funded with taxpayer dollars diverted from building a bigger, faster, invisibler bomber) by two guys (no doubt with a bunch of letters after their names) at some college while waiting for summer school to end. Well until something better comes along...

What NFL team has the best fans?- MSN Money

a team's record in relation to its box-office revenues, as well as overall market population, stadium capacity, median regional income and other figures.
  1. Dallas Cowboys
  2. New England Patriots
  3. New York Jets
  4. New Orleans Saints
  5. New York Giants
  6. Indianapolis Colts
  7. Chicago Bears
  8. Baltimore Ravens
  9. Pittsburgh Steelers
  10. Tennessee Titans
  11. San Diego Chargers
  12. Denver Broncos
  13. Washington Redskins
  14. Green Bay Packers
  15. Carolina Panthers
  16. Houston Texans
  17. Philadelphia Eagles
  18. Minnesota Vikings
  19. Cincinnati Bengals
  20. Cleveland Browns
  21. Kansas City Chiefs
  22. St. Louis Rams
  23. Seattle Seahawks
  24. Buffalo Bills
  25. Miami Dolphins
  26. San Francisco 49ers
  27. Jacksonville Jaguars
  28. Detroit Lions
  29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  30. Arizona Cardinals
  31. Atlanta Falcons
  32. Oakland Raiders
I'm surprised Viking fans were rated as high as they were, being such an annoying combination of fickle and pestimistic at the same time. I also give credence to the researchers for seeing through one of the other NFC North teams charade of fandom for what it really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 09:24 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Jets over Giants, shhhh don't speak those words in NYC, like saying the Mets over the Yanks

Lastly any list that has the Cowboys, Giants or Redskins on top just has to be flawed (Subject to hiprocisy, insanity, stupidity, and more importantly a waste of my tax dollars to the OPs point, I want my money back) to be honest...

Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
A list like this is the result of studies conducted by academics who likely are not big sports fans themselves and measure only quantifiable variables. But how can you measure passion? How can you measure hardcore fandom? You really can't, which is why you get a list like this that indicated the chargers fans are the best in the AFC West. Anyone who is familiar with the division or the city of San Diego will laugh at this idea. The Chargers are the least of the AFC West, with their fanbase being far from hardcore.

I once saw a list that factored similar variables but also tried to quantify passion and hardcore fandom by adding variables such as a misery index (cold weather stadiums for example) as well as success of the team and how well it's fans travel. This study concluded the Browns had the best fans. I'd give that study a little more credibility.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Another perspective

CommonCensus Map Project - Sports Step

and a map

CommonCensus Sports Map

Old 08-22-2013, 10:21 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Interesting! I have no problem with the teams in the top 10, except Dallas. I don't buy the Dallas part, not at all.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
hey that was fun, naturally I voted for Minnesota teams but I used this as my address of residence...

1265 Lombardi Ave, Green Bay, WI 54304

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Jets over Giants, shhhh don't speak those words in NYC, like saying the Mets over the Yanks

Lastly any list that has the Cowboys, Giants or Redskins on top just has to be flawed.
Not flawed at all .... do you see how big their stadiums are? How much income is in their home market? How large thier population is? ..... They have to be the best fans.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:20 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Redskins not in the top 10 of a "most loyal fans list?" guess i'll go ahead and throw this out there.

The Washington Redskins have the longest consecutive home game sellout streak in the NFL. and before RG3 got to DC last year, the Redskins had been the laughing stock of the NFC East for the last 13 years, and yet they still sold out games like hot cakes.

And the Redskins also have the biggest stadium in the nfl (seating wise) and yet they've sold out every single game at Fedex Field since 1997, and even before that at RFK. "The Washington Redskins consecutive home game sellout streak goes back to 1968."

Team » Washington Redskins

FedExField - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

obviously i'm biased as a Redskins fan...but give me a break. This study is telling me, that Redskins fans, who have sold out every single home game since 1968, aren't among the top 10 in "most loyal NFL fans?"

Old 08-22-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Redskins not in the top 10 of a "most loyal fans list?" guess i'll go ahead and throw this out there.

The Washington Redskins have the longest consecutive home game sellout streak in the NFL. and before RG3 got to DC last year, the Redskins had been the laughing stock of the NFC East for the last 13 years, and yet they still sold out games like hot cakes.

And the Redskins also have the biggest stadium in the nfl (seating wise) and yet they've sold out every single game at Fedex Field since 1997, and even before that at RFK. "The Washington Redskins consecutive home game sellout streak goes back to 1968."

Team » Washington Redskins

FedExField - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

obviously i'm biased as a Redskins fan...but give me a break. This study is telling me, that Redskins fans, who have sold out every single home game since 1968, aren't among the top 10 in "most loyal NFL fans?"
attendance was not the sole factor, read the links

btw, one of the professors was a Washing fan and was reportedly still crying about the results

Old 08-22-2013, 02:20 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
LOL. Oh well, just another "poll conducted by experts" that means absolutely nothing.

just like all these pre-season power rankings and "10 best place to live in America."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football