Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:10 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's why I picked my Browns to win. Logic tells me otherwise. They have no proven receivers, and the jury is still out on the QB situation. And yet law of averages come into play here. They haven't won the 1st game of the season since 2004 when they beat Baltimore on opening day. They're due. The beauty of the NFL too is.... any given Sunday.
Yep, good point, the Browns are due for a good year and season opener as well. So I was curious about this quarterback situation in Cleveland so I went to ESPNs site and found out they're not going to start Johnny Manziel and instead start the other guy who's had a serious injury and is recovering from surgery. Don't take this the wrong way, cause I don't mean anything by it, but how in the world do you do something like that? The worst part about it is you have Johnny Manziel who can give the team the spark they need and is a great quarterback (yeah I know it's the Pros) but your going to start some guy recovering from a serious injury. Sounds to me like Cleveland is sacrificing its season on the account of pleasing people, other than their fans. I'd be very surprised if Cleveland's fans want to start the other guy. Of course not it makes no sense. Probably the only people who are speaking up for Johnny Manziel is the Cleveland Brown fans. I could be wrong about anything I'm saying here so correct me if so. Also, I found this poll on ESPN and voted the exact same selections as the majority. Just thought I'd share it with you just in case your interested in participating in it.

Polls: Browns wins, when Manziel plays - Cleveland Browns Blog - ESPN

But hey, I could be completely wrong in my opinions on your quarterback situation and this guy could be a beast and come out there and win the game. Only the coaches can really make that decision and they know a lot more than us. I hope the best for you guys and will be rooting for you even though I picked the Steelers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 09:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Yep, good point, the Browns are due for a good year and season opener as well. So I was curious about this quarterback situation in Cleveland so I went to ESPNs site and found out they're not going to start Johnny Manziel and instead start the other guy who's had a serious injury and is recovering from surgery. Don't take this the wrong way, cause I don't mean anything by it, but how in the world do you do something like that? The worst part about it is you have Johnny Manziel who can give the team the spark they need and is a great quarterback (yeah I know it's the Pros) but your going to start some guy recovering from a serious injury. Sounds to me like Cleveland is sacrificing its season on the account of pleasing people, other than their fans. I'd be very surprised if Cleveland's fans want to start the other guy. Of course not it makes no sense. Probably the only people who are speaking up for Johnny Manziel is the Cleveland Brown fans. I could be wrong about anything I'm saying here so correct me if so. Also, I found this poll on ESPN and voted the exact same selections as the majority. Just thought I'd share it with you just in case your interested in participating in it.

Polls: Browns wins, when Manziel plays - Cleveland Browns Blog - ESPN

But hey, I could be completely wrong in my opinions on your quarterback situation and this guy could be a beast and come out there and win the game. Only the coaches can really make that decision and they know a lot more than us. I hope the best for you guys and will be rooting for you even though I picked the Steelers.

The Browns (ever since their return in 1999) have a history of destroying QBs. I support them starting Hoyer, and not rushing Manziel into action before he is ready. Prior to Hoyer's injury he provided a spark in the team that was lacking. I want to see him get an opportunity to come back and build on that short stint.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:23 AM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
Seattle over GB, Saints over Falcons, Rams over Vikings, Steelers over Cleveland, Eagles over Jaguars, Jets over Oakland, Cincy over Ravens, Bears over Bills, Redskins over Texans, Chiefs over Titans, Pats over Miami, Tampa over Carolina. 49ers over Cowpokes, Colts over Denver, Lions over NYG, and Arizona over Chargers.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
The Browns (ever since their return in 1999) have a history of destroying QBs. I support them starting Hoyer, and not rushing Manziel into action before he is ready. Prior to Hoyer's injury he provided a spark in the team that was lacking. I want to see him get an opportunity to come back and build on that short stint.
That's commendable you supporting that decision. Hopefully it's the right one as far as what's best for the team.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:59 PM

2,417 posts, read 1,448,686 times
I'll just list who I think will win.....

Packers

Saints

Rams

Steelers

Eagles

Raiders

Ravens

Bears

Texans

Chiefs

Patriots

Panthers

Cowboys

Broncos

Lions

Cardinals

Old 09-03-2014, 01:22 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
That's commendable you supporting that decision. Hopefully it's the right one as far as what's best for the team.

Time will tell. Also, there is a bit of a side story with Hoyer in being the hometown guy and living the dream of playing for his hometeam. I just want to see it go down the right way, in that Manziel gets to learn, develop properly, and not get destroyed like every other QB that has been here since 1999.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Packers @ Seahawks: Seahawks

Saints @ Falcons: Saints

Vikings @ Rams: Rams

Browns @ Steelers: Steelers

Jaguars @ Eagles: Eagles

Raiders @ Jets: Raiders

Bengals @ Ravens: Bengals

Bills @ Bears: Bears

Redskins @ Texans: Redskins

Titans @ Chiefs: Chiefs

Patriots @ Dolphins: Patriots

Panthers @ Buccaneers: Panthers

49ers @ Cowboys: Cowboys

Colts @ Broncos: Broncos

Giants @ Lions: Lions

Chargers @ Cardinals: Chargers

Old 09-03-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Time will tell. Also, there is a bit of a side story with Hoyer in being the hometown guy and living the dream of playing for his hometeam. I just want to see it go down the right way, in that Manziel gets to learn, develop properly, and not get destroyed like every other QB that has been here since 1999.
Aaaaah... that's a factor as well. Makes sense. That is pretty rare to have something like that happen and something I've always liked to see. Brings a little more meaning to it when there are locals on the team and in this case the leader of the team.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:12 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Hi everyone! Happy Week 1! Good luck!

Seahawks
Saints
Bears
Chiefs
Vikings
Patriots
Jets
Eagles
Steelers
Bengals
Redskins
49ers
Bucs
Broncos
Lions
Cardinals

Old 09-04-2014, 02:55 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Mediocrity!

Packers @ Seahawks: Packers continue the streak set by the Broncos & Cowboys

Saints @ Falcons: Saints

Vikings @ Rams: Rams

Browns @ Steelers: Steelers

Jaguars @ Eagles: Eagles

Raiders @ Jets: Jets

Bengals @ Ravens: Ravens

Bills @ Bears: Bears

Redskins @ Texans: Texans

Titans @ Chiefs: Chiefs

Patriots @ Dolphins: Patriots

Panthers @ Buccaneers: Buccaneers

49ers @ Cowboys: 49ers

Colts @ Broncos: Broncos

Giants @ Lions: Lions

Chargers @ Cardinals: Chargers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football