Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 08:19 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,903 times

Advertisements

Which player annoys you the most? The one that makes cheering against them easy...

I have a few, ranked from most tolerable to unbearable:

3. Jay Cutler - Very few people complain more than Jay Cutler. I feel like that part of him is dying off a little, but it is still there. He has shown brilliance as a passer but also consistent makes horrible decisions. Kinda like a poor man's Brett Favre... A gunslinger who forgets the safety is on every now and then.
Off the field, Jay is supposedly a very charitable dude, so props to him for that.

2. Richard Sherman - All his talking got old really fast. This is the kind of guy that puts a huge target on his own back and makes me miss the days of superstars who were insanely talented, yet humble. Barry Sanders anyone?

1. Colin Kaepernick - Speaking of self-absorbed players, Colin K. is the worst of the worst. He looks like he walked right out of a douche meme and onto a football field.
I stumbled upon a link that showed Kaepernick's and Russell Wilson's instagram accounts side by side. While Wilson had pictures of himself meeting fans in hospitals, Kaepernick's were sports cars, shoe collections and pool parties.
So he can kiss his arm all he wants... Other players are kissing their Super Bowl rings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 08:32 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post

1. Colin Kaepernick - Speaking of self-absorbed players, Colin K. is the worst of the worst. He looks like he walked right out of a douche meme and onto a football field.
I stumbled upon a link that showed Kaepernick's and Russell Wilson's instagram accounts side by side. While Wilson had pictures of himself meeting fans in hospitals, Kaepernick's were sports cars, shoe collections and pool parties.
So he can kiss his arm all he wants... Other players are kissing their Super Bowl rings.
Yesterday, on MNF, Kaepernick said that not many QBs have tattoos, but he has tattoos. So that's a strong statement that he is making and it makes him a very different kind of QB.

LOL!

Old 10-14-2014, 08:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:

2. Richard Sherman - All his talking got old really fast. This is the kind of guy that puts a huge target on his own back and makes me miss the days of superstars who were insanely talented, yet humble. Barry Sanders anyone?
couldn't agree more. not to mention that, though I admit he is a good cover corner, he benefits greatly from having the best front 7 in the NFL. If seattle's D-line and LBs didn't constantly get pressure on the QB, Richard Sherman would not be "Richard Sherman."

Not an ounce of humility in Sherman, makes me miss the great DBs like Darrell Green

Old 10-14-2014, 09:09 AM

Take Jordy Nelson vs Dez Bryant... I think they are very close as far as talent goes... However, one is humble and one is a total head case.
I guess we live in the age of selfish players now and I have to face it, but still...
To me, a dude who is talented and lets the plays do the talking is WAY more intimidating than the way a lot of current playmakers make total clowns of themselves.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Take Jordy Nelson vs Dez Bryant... I think they are very close as far as talent goes... However, one is humble and one is a total head case.
I guess we live in the age of selfish players now and I have to face it, but still...
To me, a dude who is talented and lets the plays do the talking is WAY more intimidating than the way a lot of current playmakers make total clowns of themselves.
Yes!

Another great player that comes to mind is Calvin Johnson. One of the best in the game and never any BS talk from him ...

Old 10-14-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Yes!

Another great player that comes to mind is Calvin Johnson. One of the best in the game and never any BS talk from him ...
Yep, another great example. He has clearly been the best wideout for years now... And he would have every right in the world to claim it... But does he? Nope. He goes out and does his job. Nit to mention the fact that his team's late season struggles have to be frustrating.
Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees.. All insanely successful QBs... Yet Kaepernick has more ego than all three combined.
Sad.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:20 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
- headhunters who main aim is to injure people. Players like Brandon Merriweather, Suh, who even try to take people out in PRESEASON games. Come on!

- criminals like Albert Haynesworth, Greg Hardy etc

Richard Sherman - twitter feuds, trash talking Tom Brady, constantly reminding every person in existence of his # of interceptions.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:27 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,253,359 times
[quote=Vegas_Cabbie;36871859]Which player annoys you the most? The one that makes cheering against them easy...Richard Sherman - All his talking got old really fast. This is the kind of guy that puts a huge target on his own back and makes me miss the days of superstars who were insanely talented, yet humble. Barry Sanders anyone?quote]

Amen.

I'm really old school and was irritated even back in the 60s with big mouth guys like Namath and guys spiking the football, doing dances, taunting, etc. But I guess most fans prefer this behavior in the name of "showmanship." They consider it entertaining.

To each his own, but give me Unitas who shrugged his shoulders whether throwing a TD or an interception, Jim Brown actually acting bored and walking slowly after a great play.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
To each his own, but give me Unitas who shrugged his shoulders whether throwing a TD or an interception, Jim Brown actually acting bored and walking slowly after a great play.
That sounds pretty stylish!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:43 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
A couple weeks ago Peyton Manning threw a TD to Demaryius Thomas, ran over and shook his hand. I thought it was funny.

Players should be emotionally invested in the game. They should be pumped to score a TD or get a sack. That being said, the celebrations are a bit much for me. Quit celebrating doing your job.

You shouldn't be dancing around like a moron after a sack when your team is losing 42-3.

Tulloch spraining his ACL while celebrating a sack on Aaron Rodgers was classic. Not that I like to see players get injured, but that was ironic timing. Reminds me of the Grammaticas.

I did used to find Chad Johnson's celebrations funny, they got old quick though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football