Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Looks like the Bills need a running back :P
In this case they better keep looking. The two no-names they have at that spot right now are probably better than Ray is in his current shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 07:33 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Well, i am all for 2nd chances but i don't think Ray is good enough to warrant the PR hit any team will take for signing him. I think the NFL should reinstate him and then any team that is willing to go down that road can sign him, i just don't think he is good enough for any team to sign him...

The thing that really bugs me about this case is that the NFL suspended him for 2 games and the Ravens organization supported him unequivocally until the video was released and then it was LIKE, WOW... we didn't know you actually hit your fiance'!.

Even though Ray admitted he hit her and knocked her out the NFL and Ravens must have thought he love tapped her and she blacked out... WTH! What changed from the day before the video was released until the day after? NOTHING! What did the NFL or the Ravens expect to see on the video.. ? I suspect they saw what they expected to see, i know i did. So what changed? Public outcry changed... and the NFL plus the Ravens cut ties with Ray to please the masses.

It makes me think that if the NFL had done the right thing to begin with and suspended him for 8 games or maybe even for the year, he might still be in the good graces of the NFL and the Ravens but because they botched the whole thing with a silly 2 game suspension they then had to over compensate by kicking Ray to the curb... The NFL and the Ravens screwed up on this one TWICE!

Of course, the biggest screw up in this whole mess is Ray Rice. Personally i think he got what he deserved but to see the NFL and Ravens continue to ********** one up is beyond imagination.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:32 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, i am all for 2nd chances but i don't think Ray is good enough to warrant the PR hit any team will take for signing him. I think the NFL should reinstate him and then any team that is willing to go down that road can sign him, i just don't think he is good enough for any team to sign him...

The thing that really bugs me about this case is that the NFL suspended him for 2 games and the Ravens organization supported him unequivocally until the video was released and then it was LIKE, WOW... we didn't know you actually hit your fiance'!.

Even though Ray admitted he hit her and knocked her out the NFL and Ravens must have thought he love tapped her and she blacked out... WTH! What changed from the day before the video was released until the day after? NOTHING! What did the NFL or the Ravens expect to see on the video.. ? I suspect they saw what they expected to see, i know i did. So what changed? Public outcry changed... and the NFL plus the Ravens cut ties with Ray to please the masses.

It makes me think that if the NFL had done the right thing to begin with and suspended him for 8 games or maybe even for the year, he might still be in the good graces of the NFL and the Ravens but because they botched the whole thing with a silly 2 game suspension they then had to over compensate by kicking Ray to the curb... The NFL and the Ravens screwed up on this one TWICE!

Of course, the biggest screw up in this whole mess is Ray Rice. Personally i think he got what he deserved but to see the NFL and Ravens continue to ********** one up is beyond imagination.
I think Rice is not worth it at all to reistated when so many guys can do he is job and we should not support violent people.
The NFL was wrong in this case and they should have stricter rules.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:21 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,475 times
NO, there should be zero tolerance for crimes against women and children, off limits.

NFL sends the wrong message, as they are allowing one instance before they get the boot. It should not be allowed period, wtf are they saying, that you can beat up your wife/children one time before you are out, the hypocrisy.

This Rice guy is a woman beater, he is only sorry he got caught, sick, good riddance.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:35 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
I think what Ray Rice did was wrong but he never lied about it. People got so caught up with seeing the actual footage months later, they ignored that the video supported what he said. The NFL is the one who went easy on it.

People should lay off Ray Rice and give him a second chance. After all, no one made a big deal about Hope Solo.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:45 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I think what Ray Rice did was wrong but he never lied about it. People got so caught up with seeing the actual footage months later, they ignored that the video supported what he said. The NFL is the one who went easy on it.

People should lay off Ray Rice and give him a second chance. After all, no one made a big deal about Hope Solo.
I understand what you are saying .
I think they should kick out hope solo as well

Old 10-22-2014, 04:05 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I think he should not be reinstate
He shouldn't be reinstated, but he will be!

Old 10-22-2014, 04:22 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Some stores say 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' the NFL should have the same policy, that if you want to be an employee of a company within the organization, you need to have morals, a backbone and be an upstanding citizen. I never realized that being employed by certain companies is a right not a privilege.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I'm a huge football fan, but having stayed at several hotels over the years where NFL teams, or college teams were staying, I can say the average person does not realize how "elite" arrogant and "you can't touch this" the average athlete thinks they are. Literally as in, "God status" so my thoughts are when these thugs in pads step across the line, they need to made examples of. This crap goes on all the time and they typically get away with it. And the arrogance needs to come down a notch or two. These guys need to realize if they intentionally F-up they are going to pay for it like the rest of us.
Is the NFL any different with its tax-exempt status and the unmitigated greed to request performers playing the SuperBowl contribute portions of their tour proceeds to the league?

Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,018,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I look at a classy guy like Peyton Manning and his achievements, his work ethic, his commitment to the game, and how seriously he takes his position as a role model, and the thought of Ray Rice makes me sick.

I'd like to see Ray Rice banned from the NFL. Fined as well. It should never be acceptable to do what he did. His actions damaged the NFL brand. In fact, any player who gets into trouble with the law should be fined and banned IMO.

We need more Peyton Mannings and no Ray Rice's in the NFL.
In general I don't think athletes should be role models. If you're looking for a role model though I'd hope you could do better than Peyton Manning. He's an entitled brat who sexually harrassed a female athletic trainer.

As far as Rice goes, he's certainly no role model, but the NFL recently instated a policy that domestic abuse is a 6 game suspension for first offense and then a lifetime ban for the second offense. He's only had one offense so even going by the NFL's new harsher rules he should be back already. It seems likely he'll be able to overturn the suspension in court.

Personally, I'm okay with that. I think that if at the beginning of the year when news about this first broke, if Rice had gotten a whole year ban, people wouldn't be as mad about this. In a way Rice has suffered more because of Goodell's ineptitude with handling the situation.

But whatever, it's really hard to feel bad in any way for Ray Rice. I think the NFL will be forced to reinstate him but I doubt he ever plays again. He's simply not talented enough at this point in his career to make a team willing deal with the fallout that signing him would bring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football