Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:32 AM

898 posts, read 1,219,236 times

Advertisements

i am talking preseason, season, or playoffs/super bowl (uh, super bowl won't be cheap, i know but still...).

i am trying to attend a preseason game in new jersey (i live in brooklyn) on the cheap to see either the jets or giants. i don't care, i just want to see an NFL game irl. i am seeing tickets for some nosebleed seats where you sit diagonally (again, i am there for crowd presence feel and i can still see the details of the game on the big screen) for a preseason game at $18 to $22. they force you to buy tickets in pairs. is this necessary?

my question is, what is the cheapest you have paid and is it possible to buy a single ticket? i want to go by myself. is $18 a scam? it was on one of those third party sites, not nfl nor ticketmaster. my upper limit is 30 bucks max.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 12:38 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
$17 at the old cleveland municipal stadium.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Under 10 bucks for the nosebleeds in the L.A. Coliseum. When you sit in the nosebleeds in the Coliseum you are not in the same zip code as the players.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:31 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Lucky enough to have had tickets given to me on numerous occasions.... I would hate to have to fork over $$ for the NFL!

Personally, I would go to the teams official site and look for tickets there.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:10 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times
Wait until closer to the date for the game or games you are targeting and check a verified site like StubHub. A lot of fans don't have interest in attending preseason games, so you can probably get a good deal on tickets, including single tickets.

For the New York market $18 for a preseason Giants or Jets game probably isn't a bad cost, but I think you'll probably be able to buy even cheaper tickets on a 3rd party site a few months from now (specifically in August not long before the games are played). Keep an eye on the prices and when you see a single ticket at or below your targeted price level, snatch it up. (Incidentally, I think Jets tickets are generally a little cheaper than Giants tickets, plus the Jets are coming off a worse season than the Giants, so I'm guessing you'll probably get somewhat lower 3rd party site ticket prices for Jets preseason games than Giants preseason games.)

One alternative to posting your question on here is to post your question on one or more Giants or Jets internet message boards. (I'm neither a Giants nor Jets fan, but I know off the top of my head Big Blue Interactive is one the largest Giants message boards.) Do a search for "New York Giants message boards", "New York Giants forums", "New York Jets message boards" and/or "New York Jets forums" to find them. There's a good chance there will be fans looking to sell preseason tickets on at least some of those message boards; in fact, some of the boards may have a dedicated ticket buying/selling exchange subforum on the site(s).

Incidentally, if you drive you'll want to try to get tickets that include the parking cost, or at least buy cheap parking passes through a 3rd party site. (A friend, my brother, and I bought game tickets that included parking passes on StubHub when we attended the Eagles/Giants season finale in December 2014.) If you take transit (which I'm guessing you will because you live in Brooklyn), there are shuttle buses at the Port Authority Bus Terminal to and from MetLife Stadium for Giants and Jets games. You can also take a NJ Transit commuter rail line from NY Penn Station to Secaucus Junction and then take the special rail link line to MetLife Stadium.

One final thing - you can get some nice pictures of the midtown Manhattan skyline on a clear day from the upper deck in the south end zone. The IZOD Center (aka Continental Airlines Arena/Brendan Byrne Arena) and the Xanadu project (or whatever it is) will be in the foreground of the shots.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:21 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Free - many times.

My daughter for a while was dating a friend of the Kraft's. For 3+ years I went to practically every Patriots home game. Even saw them win an AFC Championship against the Chargers in '07, all for free. It was fun while it lasted. Even wore a SB ring - damn it was heavy.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:48 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,290,638 times
If feasible, use business connections. I've gotten tickets for sporting events left and right through sales folks. NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Men's US Open Golf, LPGA Champ., movie premieres, concerts, etc. The big benefit is that many of these will include not only admission, but also VIP access for food and drinks.

Even if you aren't in a position to have regular contact with sales folks, buddy up with those that do. More are given away to others in the company than actually used by the principal customer.

The down side is that you don't get to pick and choose the opponents.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:09 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,253,359 times
$5.50

Old 05-07-2015, 04:21 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
you can get Preseason tix pretty cheap because tons of season tix simply will not go and getting a few bucks for the tix is better tahn nothing.

I paid $8 to sit in the endzone of old Busch Stadium to watch the Cowboys play the Cardinals back in 1983! loved it!

Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
2013 Seahawks vs the Rams in St Louis !! Haha..The world series was going on at the same time and we found 2 tickets for less than 20 bucks! We drove from Chicago to attend the game. My husband is a HUGE lifelong Seahawk fan so he was stoked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football