Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 11:48 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Incredibly, my Ravens pick came through, but I still can't believe that the Steelers lost! Michael Vick actually did a decent job at QB. Always a tight game when those two teams play.
Some people were giving Vick crap for running it on the 4th down instead of giving it to Bell. I don't mind that play call. Other than a few sideline scrambles, he really didn't use his legs a whole lot last night. At some point, a Vick run had to be coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 03:11 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Some people were giving Vick crap for running it on the 4th down instead of giving it to Bell. I don't mind that play call. Other than a few sideline scrambles, he really didn't use his legs a whole lot last night. At some point, a Vick run had to be coming.
There was no one in the backfield with Vick. That wasn't on Vick, that's on Tomlin/Haley.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:39 PM

Yeah I know, I actually meant they were giving the coaches crap.

I thought the big play was on 2nd (3rd?) down when Bell had the first down but a Raven rammed into him and completely changed his momentum, stopping him a couple yards shy.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:43 PM

It's also kind of funny to hear Steelers fans saying the Ravens got lucky because Ben was out. Other than the rare blowout (in either direction), BAL-PIT games always go the exact same way, whether it's Ben, Vick, or Batch. Close game down to the wire, then someone makes a mistake that costs them.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:06 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
if that kicker had any semblance of hope to turn his bad streak around, Tomlin crapped all over it by keeping him on the bench at the end. Good luck finding a fourth kicker Pitt.

I remember Suisham getting hurt in the HOF game this summer, he went in to make some awkward tackle along the sideline when the play was basically over.

Steelers' Shaun Suisham out for year with torn ACL - NFL.com

Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Division games are always up for grabs, usually regardless of records. Why would a kicker do what he did? Downright silly in a preseason game. I've seen kickers go for a player regular season when they are the last possible option, but in a more sensible manner.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:31 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
I took the Ravens over the Steelers, and here are the rest of my pics:

Jets @ Dolphins (in London): Jets. I hate the London series. I passionately hate it. If I ever met Rodger G. and had time to say one thing to him, that would be it.

Texans @ Falcons: Falcons. Much better play this year by the Falcons has a nice two-horse race shaping up in the NFC South. Last year it was a three horse race, but all three horsed had a broken leg or two.

Giants @ Bills: Bills. Why? I don't know. This game involves the Giants and I just never know how to pick them anymore.

Raiders @ Bears: Raiders. The Bears initiated a bit of a fire sale this week. Methinks they're playing for draft position. Already. They're looking a lot like the Raiders from a couple seasons ago. (See what I did there?)

Chiefs @ Bengals: Bengals. The Chiefs started with a pretty stout schedule, but a 1-2 start hasn't stopped the fans on some of the Chiefs blogs from heading for the life rafts.

Jaguars @ Colts. Colts. Because Luck's neck beard.

Panthers @ Buccaneers: Panthers. If Cam isn't old enough to get the calls, neither is Winston. It'll be open season on the QBs in this one!

Eagles @ Redskins: Eagles. Ugly start, but I think they're finding some rhythm and hitting their stride.

Browns @ Chargers: Chargers. Despite much of the offseason discussion on the Chargers focussing on relocation, they were a trendy pick to win the AFC West. It's early, but a loss would really have the feeling of derailing that effort. That's irrelevant because they'll win this one.

Rams @ Cardinals: Cardinals. The knock on this team is they've sliced through weak opponents. Eh, you play who's on your schedule, and the Cards have played them well.

Vikings @ Broncos: Broncos. Manning is done remains the dialogue, but in every week he's either done enough to win when needed the most or has outright looked pretty solid. What makes this game most interesting to this Broncos fan is AP. The Broncos aggressive defense is great, but it can be susceptible to the big runs, like what we saw in week 2 vs the Chiefs. AP can make them pay for this.

Packers @ 49ers: Packers. The 49ers have ironically enough been a bit of a nemesis to Aaron Rodgers. This is a good year for him to reverse that trend.

Cowboys @ Saints: Saints. No particular reason. This game is a snoozer. A battle of the back-up QBs. I realize the league could not have known this would be the case when they slated this game for a prime slot. Nonetheless I will likely be helping my wife with some fall crafts that night. At least that sounds exciting.

Lions @ Seahawks: Seahawks. Being 0-3 and on the road against the Seahawks is a good way to start the season 0-4.

Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 6-10
Week 3: 12-4
Total: 29-19

Old 10-03-2015, 12:13 AM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Season: 26-22

WEEK 4
OFF - New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans

Thursday, Oct. 1
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

Sunday, Oct. 4
New York Jets at Miami Dolphins (London)
Houston Texans at Atlanta Falcons
New York Giants at Buffalo Bills
Oakland Raiders at Chicago Bears
Kansas City Chiefs at Cincinnati Bengals
Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts
Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins

Cleveland Browns at San Diego Chargers
St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
Minnesota Vikings at Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints

Monday, Oct. 5
Detroit Lions at Seattle Seahawks

Old 10-03-2015, 05:36 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Ravens @ Steelers. Ravens are desperate and Steelers are hurting. Even on the road I'll take the team that's desperate.
I'll get the rest later on before 1 PM Sunday.

Last week: 9-7
Season: 29-19
Dolphins vs. Jets (London). The London series games suck! At least when Europe imports soccer to America they ALWAYS import exhibition, preseason games. Imagine the outrage in England if an Arsenal vs. Manchester United EPL league game got exported to East Rutherford, because this is pretty much the same scenario. End the series already! The teams don't like it, the players don't like it, most American fans don't like it, get that through your pea-sized skull Goodell!
Jaguars @ Colts. I'm not sure if the comeback against the Titans turned their season around, but I'm not giving up another win by picking against them again.
Panthers @ Buccaneers. Cam over (In)famous Jamies
Giants @ Bills. Giants defense still sucks, and the Bills are greatly improved under Ryan.
Eagles @ Redskins. NFC Least, gotta love the pillow fights!
Raiders @ Bears. I'm gonna quote myself on Monday for this idiotic selection because I'm 99% sure the Raiders win, but I STILL can't come to the conclusion the Raiders are a better team on the road against anyone NOT named the Browns, Jaguars, Buccaneers or Titans.
Texans @ Falcons. Falcons are flying high, while the Texans are not playing well.
Packers @ Niners. Too bad 75% of the Niners team from last year's gone otherwise this would actually be a pretty good game.
Browns @ Chargers. Can I pick this game to end in a tie because I really don't want to pick either??
Chiefs @ Bengals. Luckily the Chiefs aren't on national TV for a while.
Rams @ Cardinals. I'm really tempted to pick the Rams, and I probably would've if they didn't have a dud last week vs. Pittsburgh.
Vikings @ Broncos. Don't trust the Vikings on the road, looked completely inept week 1 in Frisco
Cowboys @ Saints. All MLB games start at 3 PM, hockey regular season starts Tuesday, so there is literally NOTHING else (sports wise) on Sunday night, yet this is the best game the NFL could give us??
Lions @ Seahawks. Luckily, there's still some potential game 163 tiebreakers in baseball (AL West, Al Wildcard) that could get played, because if there's not this is definitely a "catch up on the DVR" night. If there's a playoff game to a playoff game I'll probably check in during commercials of that game, if not I'll probably watch 0 minutes.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:35 AM

368 posts, read 396,368 times
Week #1: 12-4
Week #2: 7-9
Week #3: 11-5

Total: 30-18

I missed Thursday's game (will be doing a lot of that this year), so here are the rest of my predictions:

Miami over New York
Jacksonville over Indianapolis
Carolina over Tampa Bay
Buffalo over New York
Philadelphia over Washington
Oakland over Chicago
Atlanta over Houston
Green Bay over San Francisco
San Diego over Cleveland
Cincinnati over Kansas City
Arizona over St. Louis
Denver over Minnesota
Dallas over New Orleans
Seattle over Detroit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football