Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Diego and Raiders Question.
Chargers and Raiders should stay in there own city 9 42.86%
Chargers and Raiders should be in the same city in LA 1 4.76%
Chargers should stay at San Diego and Raiders should go to LA 10 47.62%
Either 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:57 PM

199 posts, read 302,982 times

Advertisements

To my opinion I think that San Diego Chargers should stay at San Diego, and Oakland Raiders can take the Los Angeles Raiders. Why they need two teams in the first place in Los Angeles. Even though New York Giants, and New York Jets are the same city. I think that they should stay in one cities. Do you guys agree on thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 02:01 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,594,917 times
How are they going to stay in San Diego if they have no money to stay there? Taxpayer dollars for sports stadiums have never been popular in California

Same can be said for Rams and the Raiders BTW.

Like I said, my prediction still stands: I don't think LA is gonna get a team unless they really want to lose their leverage in getting free stadiums from other cities, but if we do, it'll be the Rams and Chargers.

Raiders are most likely going to get a portion of the relocation fees both franchises get to either build a new stadium in the Bay Area or move to another market.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:03 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,473,443 times
Yes. People in LA already has a loyal following on teams that they have grown up with. The fact that the chargers or whatever will move here will not change that notion. It will only be this generation of people from LA who will grow up with whatever team decides to move here that will have a strong following towards that team. Many people in the city already love the raiders and raider pride is really prevalent here. I think that only one team should come here and that team is the Raiders.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:08 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
I agree. The Bay Area still has a football team if the Raiders leave, the Raiders ruined the Coliseum and continue to screw over Alameda County taxpayers, and there is already a large Raider fanbase in LA along with several Raider stores there.

The Chargers are a San Diego team (spare me the ONE year they played in LA that nobody remembers), the Raiders can fit into LA just as well as they fit in Oakland.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:11 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,594,917 times
No matter what anyone thinks though, the NFL is a business first and foremost and they definitely don't care about what the fanbase here thinks

Raiders seen as least likely to move to L.A. | ProFootballTalk

It's sad because as much as I personally don't like the Raiders, I'd welcome them back if they had a way to finance their own stadium here. The Davis family should definitely refund the money they stole from Irwindale back in 1987 for their stadium deposit for me to support their moving back.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:42 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
You forgot this option:
  • Some team, any team, should move to Los Angeles so that for the love of freakin' God we can dispense with these endless 'Who/what/when/why/how will move to LA?' threads.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:25 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
I'd like to see the Raiders stay in Oakland, the Chargers stay in San Diego. Wouldn't mind seeing the Rams come back to LA as LA's team.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:23 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
I agree about the Rams. The Rams will always be second fiddle to the Cardinals in St. Louis anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football