Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 06:28 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times

Advertisements

Since I am up early and may not be on for a few days, here is this week's list.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos at Chiefs
49ers at Steelers
Buccaneers at Saints
Lions at Vikings
Cardinals at Bears
Patriots at Bills
Chargers at Bengals
Titans at Browns
Falcons at Giants
Rams at Redskins
Dolphins at Jaguars
Ravens at Raiders
Cowboys at Eagles
Seahawks at Packers
Texans at Panthers
Jets at Colts

Have a great week Everyone and enjoy the games !

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 09-15-2015 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Forgot a game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 06:40 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Thanks, will be interesting to see what shakes out Week 2! Looks like Texans at Panthers is missing from list for those doing a copy and paste!

Lions at Vikings, which team will bounce back? Cowboys at Eagles always interesting!

There will be tons said about Seahawks at Packers! At least their onside kick unit did what they are supposed to in the Bears game!

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-15-2015 at 06:59 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 06:46 AM

I went 10-6 the first week. I still don;t think the Buffaloes will be all that great, and I was disappointed that the Vikings were not as solid looking opening night as predicted. BUT the season is early and here are my week 2 picks with the winners in COLOR.

Broncos at CHIEFS At home, the Chiefs have an advantage. Manning is still great, but I doubt he can pull this one out.

49ERS at Steelers If you had asked me two weeks ago, I would have said the Steelers, but after last week, seeing how the 49er defense is looking solid, while the Steelers defense is looking like a mosquito curtain, I will take the Niners on the road.

Buccaneers at SAINTS Not much to see here. Move along. Keep moving.

Lions at ViIKINGS Both teams have opening week losses on the road

CARDINALS at Bears The Pesky Red Birds are the real deal. The Bears are not.

PATRIOTS at Buffaloes I still think Rex Ryan is at best a 8-8 coach, and it is hard for teams to take him seriously. Billicheat will though, and somehow, the evil Patriots will win, even if it means hacking computers or using laser pointers or something

Chargers at BENGALS Bengals should win at home

TITANS at Browns Two weeks in a row, two heisman winners meet. Mariotta was near perfect last week against the Bucs, which looked like a practice game for him. The Browns are not much better, so look for more of the same.

Falcons at GIANTS If Eli Eli OH! Messes up again, it may be thrid place for him.
RAMS at Redskins Sadly, the Redskins have nothing going right while the Rams are on the upswing.

DOLPHINS at Jaguars I think the FINZ showed how they can adjust as needed, and the Jags are still a little ways away from being a post season team.

RAVENS at Raiders The Raiders may well be the worst team this year.

Cowboys at EAGLES Both teams had a few too many mistakes and sloppy play in week one. But in the Leagues second weakest division, home field advantage is the difference between winning and losing.

Seahawks at PACKERS I love Pete Carroll as a coach but this week, Lambeau field may not be good to him.

Texans at PANTHERS Another forgettable game
================================================== ============

A SUPER BOWL REMATCH
Jets at COLTS Luck should be with the Colts at home. The Jets had an easy game last week

Some 46 years ago, Joe Namath led the Jets against his Idol, Johnny Unitas, (who did not even start) to a Super Bowl victory. Namath threw ZERO Touchdowns and the jets scored more points on field goals than on TDs But still won 16-7.
Since the league was realigned inthe 70's, this has been the most rematched Super Bowl of all.

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 09-15-2015 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Thanks SUSANCRUZ

Old 09-15-2015, 06:51 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Broncos at Chiefs
49ers at Steelers
Buccaneers at Saints
Lions at Vikings
Cardinals at Bears
Patriots at Bills
Chargers at Bengals
Titans at Browns
Falcons at Giants
Rams at Redskins
Dolphins at Jaguars
Ravens at Raiders
Cowboys at Eagles
Seahawks at Packers
Jets at Colts

Week 1 : 8-8

Old 09-15-2015, 07:19 AM

Don't forget Texans at Panthers, there are 16 games this week!

Old 09-15-2015, 07:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Broncos at Chiefs- Opening day in Arrow Head, and the place will be electric! Taking the hometeam in which should be a close game.

49ers at Steelers- The Niners Monday Night win was impressive, but suffer the typical Monday Night hangover in a loss on the road to the Steelers.

Buccaneers at Saints- Jameis Winston continues to take his lumps as a rookie as the Saints easily disgard the Bucs.

Lions at Vikings- Stafford to Megatron sends the Vikings to 0-2.

Cardinals at Bears- I'm torn on this, because I think the Cardinals are actually a better team, but the Bears rebound after a week 1 loss to the Pack at home, and squeak by the Cards.

Patriots at Bills- The scrappy Bills take down another heavy weight. Hey Cleveland Browns are you paying attention to your Lake Erie neighbors?

Chargers at Bengals- Which Andy Dalton will show up for the Bengals? Essentially that is what it comes down to, and I think the Bolts come in and ruin Cincy's home opener.

Titans at Browns- With my optimism of continued improvement gone, I think the Browns will receive another beat down, as they make Marriotta look like the second coming of Joe Montana, much to the dismay of my fellow Dawg Pounders! Hello Factory Of Sadness!

Falcons at Giants- Big Blue pulls out their home opener against the Dirty Birds in a sqeaker.

Rams at Redskins- Can the Rams prove that their win over the Seahawks wasn't a fluke? Well... Jeff Fisher is a hell of a coach, so... yes.

Dolphins at Jaguars- The Fish tame the Jags in the battle of North and South Florida. Dolphins by at least 10.

Ravens at Raiders- It doesn't look good for the fans in The Black Hole. The Ravens will take their frustrations from week 1 out on the hapless Raiders.

Cowboys at Eagles- I still think the Cowboys win the NFC East, but I can't see the Eagles drop to 0-2 and will hold off the Cowboys in their home opener.

Seahawks at Packers- The Pack gets revenge for their loss in the NFC Championship game, as Seattle drops to a suprising 0-2.

Jets at Colts- The J-E-T-S will not have the same success with the Colts as they did with the Browns, as "Luck" will be on the side of the hometeam.

Panthers vs Texans- I'm taking the Panthers in a squeaker.

Week 1 13-3
Season 13-3

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by no1brownsfan; 09-15-2015 at 07:42 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Don't forget Texans at Panthers, there are 16 games this week!

I thought I copied off the NFL Website ! OK That is why I usually don;t get to post the schedule !

SORRY !!!!!!

Old 09-15-2015, 08:00 AM

No biggie, you fixed it! I do a list on paper, one spot short, double checked, thought it was too early for a bye!

Old 09-15-2015, 08:29 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Week1: 12-4

Broncos at Chiefs - Peyton is a week older
49ers at Steelers - Short week for the Niners, Kaep is still horrible
Buccaneers at Saints - Everyone is focused on Jameis but the Bucs defense is horrible as well
Lions at Vikings - Close game especially if Stafford and the Lions continue to ignore Megatron (4 targets ... really?)
Cardinals at Bears - Bears offense will be toothless against the tough Cardinals defense
Patriots at Bills - Bills pass rush will be the key as Buffalo passes the litmus test
Chargers at Bengals - the home team has the better defense as well
Titans at Browns - especially if Manziel is starting
Falcons at Giants - Giants manages the clock correctly
Rams at Redskins - Low scoring, ugly game that the Rams like
Dolphins at Jaguars - Dolphins offense shakes off the rust, Suh stomps on another player's head
Ravens at Raiders - Masque-Raiders offense sputters again
Cowboys at Eagles - Shoot-out
Seahawks at Packers - Without Jordy, the Seahawks can contain the packers offense
Jets at Colts - pick'em
Texans @ Panthers - Brian Hoyer? Really?

Last edited by jaypee; 09-15-2015 at 08:44 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 08:53 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,290 times
Broncos at Chiefs
49ers at Steelers - Steelers will be ready to bounce back, and beating Minnesota doesn't mean much
Buccaneers at Saints
Lions at Vikings
Cardinals at Bears
Patriots at Bills - I'm calling it. now watch Taylor lay an egg
Chargers at Bengals - Rivers falls behind by 3 scores, then throws 5000 yards and comes back
Titans at Browns - not picking Manziel
Falcons at Giants - tough pick
Rams at Redskins
Dolphins at Jaguars
Ravens at Raiders
Cowboys at Eagles
Seahawks at Packers
Texans at Panthers
Jets at Colts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football